• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
  • (Thank you!)
    I hadn't realized Memento was an egg move until it was too late, but a friend helped me out and taught my Mew how to use Taunt because I didn't have the TM. :3

Just earlier today, on the 301st chain, I managed to grab a shiny Zorua! He has a Jolly nature and Counter as an egg/dexnav move. I officially love dexnav for shiny hunting haha. I'm thinking about going for Poochyena next, though I'm not sure. Too many options!

I haven't started playing ORAS yet, how do you use dex nav to find shinies?

I got a lot of event shinies today, probably too many to mention. I will name a few tho. I got a shiny pichu which i think is japanese, a few shiny pikachu, a shiny hydreigon, shiny milotic, shiny charizard with y stone, shiny golurk, I got a couple of different shiny jirachi and some shiny eevee but I don't think all the eevee were events. I have some more shinies coming too but I'll mention them when I get them. I've legit checked them and they're in my pokebank so all is good.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • good luck with your shaymin KKN :)

Ooooh good luck KKN! Story time, I actually only picked up my systems to SR shaymin the day I got it because the night before, someone made a comment on tumblr about how happy they were to talk to me. (That sounds so big headed ah >_< their words, not mine!) It really inspired me, so, spreading the inspiration round?XD
    Anywho I hope it is a lot faster for you!

Thanks! I'm up to about 475 resets right now. I have a feeling that I have a long road ahead of me...

Also up to 434 Cottonee eggs and no Shiny yet. =w=

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I haven't started playing ORAS yet, how do you use dex nav to find shinies?

The dexnav now allows you to sort of summon Pokemon which you've already obtained. It will cause a "hidden" Pokemon to appear, which you sneak up on and kill. You pretty much just repeat that process (which, supposedly, increases your chances of finding a shiny over time) over and over again haha. You also can find Pokemon with their hidden ability that way, as well as with better-than-average IVs and moves that are exclusive to breeding or dexnav.
    It definitely takes some patience (and lots of PP restoring), but I like it.

On a semi-related note, I have a question for you guys.
    I have EonTicket, and I'm planning to soft reset for a shiny Latios. What Pokeball would look the best on him? I was thinking Dive, but Nest might work too. Opinions?

Last edited:

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Just bred up a perfect Seviper egg and found someone to TSV hatch it for me in my friend safari hehe. I don't have a picture yet, but she's in a dream ball with her HA and I named her Nagini (or rather I had them name her Nagini for me) <3

Still breeding those love ball horsea in hopes of getting the water starter for our quest though.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Congrats on all new shinies!

Some news from me,1 impressive 1 not. This one was by PokeRadar so hardly worth mentioning ;)

Spoiler:

This one however, I got from the scientist reviving one of my 18 fossils! I am SO STOKED, was not expecting it whatsoever!

Spoiler:

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
    Years
  • today I got through trades..

shiny honedge 5IV, shiny venusaur 3IV (I think this is to do with the hidden power) shiny gible 5IV, shiny gengar 5IV, Shiny darkrai from an event with 6 IV, shiny dragonite 6IV, shiny giratina 6IV,shiny rotom w 4IV, shiny moltres 4IV, shiny greninja 6IV, Shiny sylveon 3IV, shiny extra large gourgeist 5IV, shiny kyurem 6IV, shiny scyther 5IV, shiny pawniard 6IV, shiny cyndaquil 4IV. these have all been legit checked, most are hoenn born or kalos born so have the rectangle, obviously the older ones don't have it (I heard you must have the rectangle now for official stuff, that must mean all new teams must be compiled from gen 6 pokemon only?)

They're all sitting in my pokebank now and I got them from someone who is well known for their shinies so I'm confident they're all kocher.

EDIT: I got a shiny slowbro as well that I nearly forgot about. I got another event diancee as well but obviously not a shiny as it's locked, this one is pretty nails though as it has HP fire

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I've completely neglected soft-resetting for Shaymin today...

Spent the day going back and fourth between chaining on Pearl and hatching eggs on X. Broke several 30+ chains of Absol, but at least I hatched my Shiny Cottonee/Whimsicott (544 eggs)!

w0fHy04.jpg

I named her April, since April's zodiac sign is the ram.

Also, I ended up evolving my Shiny Stunky after all. I beat Lisia and Wallace in a Beauty Contest with her. :3

Congrats on Volbeat and Cranidos! I tried to chain Volbeat a few times and failed. After I get some more of the Pokémon I REALLY like, I'll probably go for Volbeat again (chaining or MM).

Whenever I get the Shiny Charm on AS, I'm going to try reviving a Shiny Omanyte. :3

- - -

EDIT: Chained two Shiny Absol last night! I named the male Michael and the female Gabriel (after the archangels, since Mega Absol reminds me of an angel). Yes, I know Gabriel is supposed to be a guy's name (Gabrielle for girls), but I think it works either way.

WEdAFMk.jpg

Shinies found: 143 (I forgot to factor in a Pyroar I traded when I originally tallied them up, so I added it)
    Currently owned: 103

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Congrats on Volbeat and Cranidos! I tried to chain Volbeat a few times and failed. After I get some more of the Pokémon I REALLY like, I'll probably go for Volbeat again (chaining or MM).

Whenever I get the Shiny Charm on AS, I'm going to try reviving a Shiny Omanyte. :3

Thanks, and a shiny Omastar would be pretty cool!

Chained a shiny Slowpoke before, wanted 2 (for each evolution) but broke the chain so will have to keep going! It has 3x 31IV's (Att,Def,SpAtt). I am thinking hard about going for an Absol myself!

2015_02_02_19_41_27.jpg

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Thanks, and a shiny Omastar would be pretty cool!

Chained a shiny Slowpoke before, wanted 2 (for each evolution) but broke the chain so will have to keep going! It has 3x 31IV's (Att,Def,SpAtt). I am thinking hard about going for an Absol myself!

2015_02_02_19_41_27.jpg

Shiny Slowpoke is awesome. Excluding Friend Safari and Masuda method, Slowpoke was my first XY Shiny encounter. I think I've actually found a Shiny Slowpoke in every way possible: Masuda method, chaining, horde, as well as random (single) encounter. I raised the MM'd one without evolving her, evolved the chained and horde-encountered ones into Slowbro, and evolved the random-encountered one into Slowking. All of them are female except one of the Slowbro. It seems that most of the Shinies I get are female for some reason (which made it a real pain when I tried for Mothim and Gallade).

Good luck!

I'm trying to MM a Shiny Shuckle now. I would've continued breeding Wooper, but I apparently released my 5-IV one. I can't find it anywhere! I don't really have the patience for Shaymin right now (especially since I have to blow out my L/R buttons after every 10 resets or so), but I do plan to get back to it eventually.

Also, I gave one of my Shiny Absol (Michael) to a friend, so I'm down to 102 currently-owned Shinies.

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Last night, after less than 30 eggs in total, a shiny Magikarp showed up on my screen! I bred him in a love ball because I thought it would match shiny Gyarados nicely. I was really hoping to get one with competitive IVs and, somehow, he was 31 / 31 / 31 / xx / 31 / 31. :D Considering I was going for a purely physical attacker, I'm very happy. My friend who participates in VGC has already borrowed him for cloning and sent him back.

That Karp gave me hope for successfully MMing a competitive-worthy team, though I'm not sure what to breed next. I'd like a partner of some sort for Gyarados, and I'd prefer something with Lightningrod.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Congrats on all the new shinies!

I didn't realize that I forgot to post a weekly hunt last week. Sorry about that.

This week's random hunt is... Hippopotas! Sorry for being late again.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Good news: I found my 5-IV (well, 6-IV) Wooper. It was in a box with a bunch of other Wooper I hatched. I've switched back to it for now.

Also, I've almost finished my National Pokédex on AS (just 3 more to go), so I should be able to stop relying on X to hatch my Shinies soon! Maybe then I can finally get my Shiny Sandshrew (via horde) and actually succeed at DexNav chaining (I tried for Cherrim a few weeks ago and broke it at 206).

EDIT: Ch'yeah!

Bin7O7k.jpg

Last edited:

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
    Years
  • 6th Gen Competitive Shiny List.

6IV Pawniard - adamant - defiant (sucker punch, pursuit, revenge, scratch)
    4IV Cyndequil - Timid -Blaze - HP Grass (Tackle, leer, quick attack, flamethrower)
    5IV Gible - Jolly - Roush Skin (tackle, sand tomb, iron head, outrage)
    3IV Venusaur - modest - Chlorophyll - HP Fire (energy ball, sludge bomb, hidden power, leech seed.. should have gigadrain, looking for replacement)
    6IV EV Trained Dragonite - modest - multiscale (flamethrower, thunderbolt, hurricane, ice beam)
    5IV Gengar - timid - levitate (substitue, destiny bond, perish song, disable)
    4IV Rotom W - timid- levitate - HP Ice (Volt switch, will-o-wisp, rest)
    5IV XL Gourgeist - Adamant - Frisk (trick, psychic, confuse ray, flame charge)
    5IV Honedge - Quiet - No Guard (tackle, sword dance)
    6IV EV Trained Greninja - Timid - Protean (scald, dark pulse, ice beam, grass knot)
    5IV Hawlucha -Adamant - Unburden ( baton pass, agility, quick quard, ally switch)
    5IV Scyther - Adamant - Technician (Vaccum Wave, quick attack, leer.. looking for replacement that knows batton pass)
    6IV Slowpoke - Bold - Regenerator (curse, yawn, tackle, zen headbutt)
    6IV Giratina - Rash - Preassure (aura sphere, shadow claw, shadow force, hex)
    6IV Lugia - Bold - Preassure (surf hydro pump, aeorblast, dive)
    6IV Landorus - Adamant - Intimidate (extrasensory, swords dance, earth power, rock slide)
    6IV Kyurem - Hasty -Preassure (dragon breath, slash, scary face, glaciate)
    6IV Zekrom - lonely - Teravolt (dragon breath, slash, zen headbutt, fusion bolt)
    6IV Reshiram - Naive - Turboblaze (dragon breath, slash, extrasensory, fusion flare)

this is up to date, will swap clones for clones of other shinies I need. I don't have my power saves yet tho, should be coming in the mail by the end of the week.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Congrats on all new shinies!

Managed to chain this one as well, nothing special but not a particularly common one. Decent IV's apart from defence, and 31 in SpAtt and Speed:

2015_02_05_09_45_44.jpg

PhantomWolf

SWEET MOTHER TERESA ON THE HOOD OF A MERCEDES BENZ
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    While I was breeding for a 5iv Scrappy Pancham, on the last egg of the batch, A SHINY PANCHAM POPPED OUT! Sadly, it only has one 31 iv in defense, but it has scrappy which I am very happy with.

Years
  • Popping in to congratulate everyone who has received a shiny so far! Big congrats!!

One of PC's amazing members gifted me a lovely shiny Numel yesterday. It has an amazing spread too, modest 31/x/31/31/31/31 so I am very happy. She is currently on her way to lv. 100. (* *✿) Otherwise I've not had much luck SRing for my own shinies lately, meh. :(

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Congrats, all!

Decided to test my odds with the Shiny Charm in Alpha Sapphire.

First I tried Sweet Scenting Sandshrew hordes, but I gave up after a while to try MMing a Shiny Wooper. Got tired of that soon and decided to switch to Zorua. Got tired of that, too. Decided to try DexNav chaining and got a chain of over 100 Zebstrika (idk why I was even trying for that), but I accidentally ran away from one of them. Same thing happened with Cherrim the other day. :I

I was going to try DexNav chaining Cherrim again, but since I didn't have the Mirage Spot that contained it anymore, I decided to MM it instead. I eventually bred a regular 5-IV Cherubi with the preferred Nature, so I threw it into Day-Care and kept going for a while. I still didn't get a Shiny, so I gave up again. I just can't seem to stick with anything...

I went back to Sweet Scenting Sandshrew hordes for a short while (like 5 or 10 battles), then switched to the DexNav. I finally found a Shiny Sandshrew in less than 10 encounters!

meGfgYs.jpg

I named her Andrea. I was tempted to name her Cassandra or Sandi, but I thought those were too obvious. Andrea is the feminine equivalent of Andrew, which sounds a lot like Sandshrew.

Unfortunately, she doesn't have very good potential. Decent Speed and a nature that promotes it, but low HP, so it probably won't make a good defensive Pokémon. It doesn't bother me too much though because I've always liked Sandshrew/Sandslash and I'm glad to finally have a Shiny one. I might use her for contests if I can figure out a good Cool, Cute, or Tough move-set for her.

EDIT: Took a few tries, but I finally used her to win a Master-rank Toughness contest. Now I just have three more frames to fill in the museum...

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I just hatched a Shiny Cottonee week before last. xD

On another note, I DexNav'd a Shiny Golbat about an hour ago. I had tried a few times over the past few nights and broke several higher chains, but I got this one at about... 8? I came a hair of knocking her out, too! I figured my Poison-type attack would only take its HP down to about half, but it took it all the way into the red and had me scared for a second.

Anyway, I named her Tabitha (ahtiBAT when spelled backward) and evolved her into a pretty pink Crobat. Golbat was my first non-default Shiny ever (Silver Version), so I'm happy to have finally caught another in memory of it.

LIwEOTN.jpg

Fun fact: The Shinies I've caught in AS seem to have a pattern! Ground, Poison, Ground, Poison... Guess I'll try for Wooper (Ground) next!

Shinies found: 145
    Currently owned: 104

EDIT: Eeeee! Just hatched my pink Wooper. >w<

It has Damp, though. I'll have to get an Ability Capsule to fix that.

EDIT 2: And chained a Shiny Aipom! Broke a chain of nearly 200 and another at 70-something (sat the 3DS down a little too hard and it forced the game to quit), but I finally found it at a chain of 20 (Search Level: 420). I named him Valen, since he's cute and pink and it's close enough to Valentines Day.

wcNSVqH.jpg

Last edited:
    Back