• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Japanese -.- idk if its hacked or not D:

If it's Japanese, then its not hacked. And the blue pentagon (or lack of it) has nothing to do with whether its hacked or not. All the blue pentagon means is that the Pokemon was born in Kalos. If it lacks the blue pentagon, then it means it came via Pokebank from another region (and generation).

LicensedJet

Playing Pokémon Y ~
    Years
  • Since I managed to defeat the first gym leader, I decided to wonder trade my caught filler Pokémon..

Scatterbug for Deino, Pansear for Zigzagoon, Weedle for Honedge, Caterpie for Pansear
    Pikachu for Goomy, Panpour for Scatterbug, Fletchling for Shellder, Bidoof for Zoroark
    Burmy for Budew, Farfetch'd for Hariyama

Years
  • Lol, my first time wonder trading was earlier today and I got a Mudkip :D. I also sent a Shiny Quilfish that I caught today to a random person. I hope they enjoy it :D.
    I've also been spamming Haunters in wondertrade, because it will evolve so I hope I'm making people happy.

Years
  • I've used it too many times to list all of its fruition now, probably 50-60 times by now. Most of what I get is useless (aside from new languages in the Pokedex), but I did get a Machamp a while ago.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Lol, my first time wonder trading was earlier today and I got a Mudkip :D. I also sent a Shiny Quilfish that I caught today to a random person. I hope they enjoy it :D.
    I've also been spamming Haunters in wondertrade, because it will evolve so I hope I'm making people happy.

that's too bad! I put my shiny Scatterbug on the GTS looking for an Articuno and got one, I put a shiny butterfree on the GTS looking for an Zapdos and got it, basically, even if you don't want them, don't wonder trade shinies, put them on the GTS for pokemon you REALLY want and you'll get them! (with a few exceptions, I got NOTHING for my Shiny Druddigon, not even when I asked for safari pokemon, so I don't know what happened there.)

I've used it too many times to list all of its fruition now, probably 50-60 times by now. Most of what I get is useless (aside from new languages in the Pokedex), but I did get a Machamp a while ago.

you REALLY need to check out what you're getting before you toss them as useless. I was getting all kinds of pokemon I thought were useless such as Pikachu, Fletchling, a Lv 1 Honedge, Gible, etc basically all pokemon you can find quite easily however when I actually LOOKED at them I saw that the Pikachu was form the Friend Safari (so therefore at least 2 perfet IVs) PLUS it had Lightning Rod. The Fletchling had Gale Wings, the Honedge at 4 perfect IVs, the Gible had Rough Skin and a lot of them went from there, so what you are getting in wonder trade that you think are nothing might be pretty valuable, especially if you are nowhere near the end of the game and therefore nowhere near being able to get to the Safari zone on your own.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 12, 2014
    I got a Cyndaquil last night, I might unleash a legion of Snorlax onto the wonder trade later tonight.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • at some point, I got a Flabebe with POKERUS! 8D so I unleashed a handful of Flabebe (named Poinsettia), Ledyba (Lady R, and a male named Mr.Spock), and a Ralts all with Pokerus!

at various points I got... and Adamant Torchic with Speed Boost...
    a Smeargle
    a Japanese Phanpy
    a Goomy
    a Japanese Druddigon
    A ton of Japanese Pokemon
    a French Miltank
    A Charmander with Dragon Dance and Dragon Pulse

Years
  • I decided to be nice and traded away a Haunter i found. Got a Luvdisc in return. Ohh well I thought but then about 2 minutes later, the same guy started a trade with me and gave me the Gengar back. He is now apart of my main team.

WonderfulWhiscash

Murderous Magikarp
    Years
  • How to fix the wonder trade

Let me start by saying this is not another thread asking people to trade decent stuff rather than Bunnelbys on wonder trade. This is actually a suggestion on how to improve the wonder trade, so this can't actually happen. I think if you trade something, you should only be able to receive something else within ten levels of what you traded. While you could still trade a Bidoof and end up with a perfect IVs Larvitar or something, it would stop children trading away prized team members and getting Magikarp. Any thoughts on this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    Wonder Trade is fine. The whole point is that you could get a good trade or a bad trade. Trade at your own risk. Sometimes I trade away Bunnelby's, Ralts' and Caterpie's but I've also traded away rare Pokemon with Pokerus, Pokemon with 4 or 5 IVs and other similar things.

Your idea has good intentions but is flawed. So say they trade a level 100, what's to say they won't get a level 100 Magikarp back?

Wonder Trade should stay as it is. People know they could lose out. But they could also win big. It's a gamble. It's a Wonder Trade! I love it.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • My suggestion would be to trade pokemon that will evolve through trading. I'm pretty anyone would be happy to receive a pokemon that evolved after they received them. If you really want to be charitable, try wondertrading a porygon2 holding a dubious disc.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2015
    I think Wonder Trade is great. Yeah, it can be a bit annoying when you get something completely rubbish, but you can also get some great stuff that you wouldn't have even thought of trying to get. I purposely don't put rubbish on Wonder Trade, generally pokemon I've hatched from breeding that have good natures and/or good IVs (3 or more perfect). They make great starting points for other people to breed their own. Similarly, I've received some really interesting pokemon with great IVs that I've then been able to use for my own breeding.

Years
  • My suggestion would be to trade pokemon that will evolve through trading. I'm pretty anyone would be happy to receive a pokemon that evolved after they received them. If you really want to be charitable, try wondertrading a porygon2 holding a dubious disc.

Dubious Disc costs 32 BP. Nobody will waste that much BP just to get some random guy happy.

That being said, I hope someone who has access to Bank/Transporter clone 20 boxes of legendaries and release them via wonder trade for Pokemiles. It won't happen, but one can only hope.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • Dubious Disc costs 32 BP. Nobody will waste that much BP just to get some random guy happy.

That being said, I hope someone who has access to Bank/Transporter clone 20 boxes of legendaries and release them via wonder trade for Pokemiles. It won't happen, but one can only hope.

don't forget the other 32 bp item 'upgrade' that's used to evolve the porygon to porygon2 which makes it 64 bp in total.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back