• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you make any changes to the type chart?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Any thoughts on how it could be better? e.g. Fairies could resist dragon moves so that dragons are more effective. Then Outrage and Draco Meteor could be nerfed in power by a little. Fighters could be immune to ghost moves to balance out ghost's crazy good coverage. Then Shadow Ball and Shadow Claw could be buffed in power.

Maybe we'll even use some of these ideas in a format on PC's battle server. ;)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
No, I think fairies' immunity to dragon is nice. It was too scary to have a DD Dragonite setting up on you. And it's not as though dragons are useless now. Most teams have Garchomp and CB Dragonite or Mega Charizard X. I also use DD Dragonite and it's very good late game.

Poison should get more resistances because it's still not very popular even with the fairies.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
fighting normal and bug would be weak to poison
steel and rock would resist fighting
dragon would be weak to steel
fairy would be weak to dark and neutral against it

idk these make sense to me but they are mostly off the top of my head.

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2019
If I could change a few things I would do this:

Poison is super effective against water.
Ice resists ghost
Electric is super effective against steel
Rock resists ground
Grass is super effective against fairy
flying resists flying

These would give some of the more disadvantged types (ice, grass, and rock) a more fair environment against common types like water, steel, fairy, ghost IMO.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I don't really see why Ice is weak to Fighting or Steel, theoretically or practically. I'd remove those 2 weaknesses.

Fairies should be weak to Fire, as Fire already resists Fairy (practical), and Fairies are typically forest dwellers in lore (theoretical).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
- Ice resisting Water, Grass, Bug, Dragon and Electric, while also getting hit neutrally by Rock
- Rock resisting Dragon and Electric
- Poison being super effective against Dragon and Normal
- Electric resisting Ghost and Dark

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I'd remove the Fairy-type entirely and make Poison super effective against Dragon and Fighting. Poison would also resist Dragon and Steel.
Ice would be super effective against Water and also resist it.
Steel would be super effective against Ground and Electric, but be weak to Electric. It'd still be neutral to Dark, but would resist Ghost.
Rock would deal neutral damage to Ice and super effective damage against Psychic.
Bug would be super effective against Bug and neutral against Flying and Poison.

If Fairy-types would still exist:
- Dragon-type attacks deal super effective damage to Fairy-types. Poison and Ice would resist Dragon-type attacks, and Poison would be super effective against it.
- Bug would be super effective against Fairy.
- Fairy would be resistant to Ground and Ghost.
- Fighting would be super effective against Fire.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
2Fruit has some brilliant ideas there :)

Poison should be super effective against water, cause poison pollutes water. Also, this would make Poison much better and popular. Just imagine water types being weak to poison. It would instantly make Poison like the best type ^^

Electric should be super effective against steel cause steel is a great electricity conductor. It's simple science. This way electric types should pair well with fairies and Skarmory would be a little bit easier to beat.

I don't agree with the other ideas cause they don't really make much sense to me.

Anyway, Dragons could be weak to steel, because knights kill them in tales. However, I wouldn't want this to happen ever, cause Dragons were already quite weakened by the fairies. And now they have 3 weaknesses which is sensible. Also, dragons wouldn't pair well with fairies then cause of their common weakness. So, bad idea.

Also, for the other guy who said Ice shouldn't be weak to Rock and Steel. That's because ice, rock and steel are all hard and inflexible materials. Now, since rock and especially steel are much denser and tougher than ice ,which is basically just solidified water, they can break it, thus the weakness. It's about what's harder. That's why Steel > rock > ice .

Back