• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Encounter Error

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • Encounter Error, Dark Rooms, and Map Titles

Three problems, spoiler'd.

Dark Rooms:

Spoiler:

Encounters *Major Issue*

Spoiler:

Map Titles

Spoiler:

Searched the boards and Wiki for these, but sorry if I missed'em :\

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    I believe I have 3 answers for you.

1) check the maps metadata you might have it set as an outside map which would cause it to get dark at night

2) you are correct in a way. You need to have the exact number of entries as it says on the wiki for that encounter type. You can't just put in a random amount of entries

3) you need to open the editor and edit the maps metadata. There is an option for it

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I looked for the option but couldn't find it. What's its name in the Debug?

Also, a new issue. I put this into a Script Call (Event) to get 3x Potions:

Kernel.pbReceiveItem(PBItems::POTION,3)

But it gives me a syntax error saying that the ( shouldn't be there - that it should be at the end; however, that's right from the Wiki, and it should work :( confused why it's erroring.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    1. Check the metadata. Only Outdoor maps have day/night shading.

3. Check the metadata. Only maps that ShowArea will show the location signpost.

I looked for the option but couldn't find it. What's its name in the Debug?

Also, a new issue. I put this into a Script Call (Event) to get 3x Potions:

Kernel.pbReceiveItem(PBItems::POTION,3)

But it gives me a syntax error saying that the ( shouldn't be there - that it should be at the end; however, that's right from the Wiki, and it should work :( confused why it's erroring.
    That's not what you've typed into the event's script box, though. What you've typed is this:
    Code:
    Kernel.pbReceiveItem
    (PBItems::POTION,3)
    It should look like this:
    Code:
    Kernel.pbReceiveItem(
    PBItems::POTION,3)
    You know, with the open bracket at the end of the previous line, like the error message tells you to do. It's a common error.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • OK, that worked :) I had just copy/pasted what was in the Wiki, and the Essentials demo game didn't have a "give item" example (or I couldn't find it).

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Well, giving items is generally done in a Conditional Branch, which allows you to state what happens if the player can't receive the item(s). Route 2 has a bunch of item balls which do this, and Route 8's Harbour map has a couple of similar things.

Back