• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bonjour ^^

Years
  • Bonjour ^^

Yeah, that's French, but I'll continue in English so I'll not be automatically called "That French Guy" or, worse, "That Incomprehensible guy" ;) I'm not English, though, nor am I French: I hail from the Netherlands. So, please excuse any errors you'll encounter: it's probably a lack of knowledge! Let me know if you see any, I'll correct them.

That being said, I really do like French, and Pokémon. The second part's why I am here, the first part is a big part of me. As a 21 year old student French Language and Culture, I come into contact with the French culture nearly every day. Pokémon, however, is something maybe even bigger for me: I have been playing since I was 7 (I started with Red, which my granny got me), and I have never ever stopped (figuratively speaking, of course ;) ). Sure, there have been some occassional hiatuses, as there are more games out there, but I've always returned to Pokémon sooner or later.

To talk a bit more about Pokémon, I like the first few seasons of the anime (I think until Misty leaves at the end of the Master Quest-season, although it's not only roses up until that moment), and I like Pokémon Adventures as well (I am currently arrived at the Platinum Saga). Regarding the games, I haven't missed a single series since they first came out. My favourite generations is 4, without a doubt, however, I liked them all. If I had to choose a favourite, it would be (Heart)Gold, the remake because it's really the best Pokémon game ever made IMO, the original because of the nostalgic feelings I got for it: it's the one game I have played the very most, and between all the playthroughs there are easily several hundreds of hours in it (until the internal battery, ofcourse, ran dry). That's my history of Pokémon in a nutshell!

And now I'm here! I have been on battle simulators before and I really like them, however, what I've always missed there is a certain sense of comradeship. It's mostly about the battles, and Pokémon is more to me. Besides, I might be able to take some more time writing my messages here, so I thought to myself: why not join a forum? After some searching I found The PokéCommunity Forum and it seems pretty active and very friendly, so I'm gonna give it a shot:
    Hello PC, November Lima here! ^^
    Feel free to ask my anything :)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Hi November!

PokéCommunity is a good choice , we're glad to see you here! Don't worry about being an "Incomprehensible Guy", you're not the only one whose mother tongue isn't English (mine is neither for example) and that won't withhold you from fitting into the Community.

When you're such fan of the fourth generation, you should check out the subforum about it in Pokémon gaming, but I think the Battle Server is just the place for you, having a good combination of battling and chatting, although mostly the latter.
    As you seem to have followed Pokémon for a long time and are really interested in a lot of aspects of it, I recommend to take your time to browse all the different parts of the forum and look if there are more places of your liking. The forum is pretty big and full of great places.

You can always send me a message if you happen to have a question or feel like you need someone to chat with.

I hope you enjoy your time here!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Bonjour, Lima! Don't worry, you speak very well, so we can understand you perfectly! But don't worry about it too much, we don't mind a mistake or two, teehee. At any rate, good morning! Welcome to the forums today, and it's really incredible to have you today! We've gotten so many great new members over the course of time, and you, yourself are also really amazing. :3

Ah, learning french is pretty much a standard where I live. I live in Canada, where a big part of it consists of people who can speak French really well, so it was pretty much mandatory for us Canadian students to learn french. Anywhoo. I've been playing since I was five years old myself with Yellow being my first pokemon game! It was pretty awesome, eh?! I'm glad you've been enjoying the games, and I'm glad you return here and there~ <33

I'm a real big follower of the anime too. Like yourself, I really loved the seasons with Ash, Brock and Misty! I think my favourite season would have to be the Hoenn saga though! It had the best characters and the best battles in my opinion! Though the Diamond and Pearl saga is pretty up there for me too. I looove pokemon HeartGold as well! It's such a great game with amazing features like the follow me feature! Ahh I should replay that sometime; so much great moments. :3

Mmm, I'm glad that you've joined up with us. As said, we have a great showdown server for you to check out sometime! Our battle regulars hang out there, including myself, so you can come and say hi anytime! Thanks for coming, and take care! If you have any questions about you can ask me! I'm more than happy to help you out~ <33

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Hey Novermber Lima! It's glad to see you decided to join here. So yeah welcome to PC! c: Quite the introduction there! Seems like we feel the same about Pokemon. No matter what games I play for a long while, I'll still go back to my childhood game Pokemon and I liked the anime as well. Been a Pokemon fan since I was a kid like you and I loved it. I don't have any questions for you though and I cannot see any errors since I'm not good at english, myself, since it's not my first language but I'm doing my best to give out the words I wanna say!

Hope you enjoy here and be active as well. PC is glad to have you and that means us! Feel free to add me also. I love making new friends and talk about everything! I'll see you around! C:

Years
  • Thanks for the kind replies! I'll be sure to check things out :) It's really nice to see people take the time to respond to newbies, so it's off to a good start ;) I'll be sure to remind you guys if I need help with anything.

And I'd never expected that it would be such diverse. I believe I've hit the jackpot here!

Years
  • You're quite the big Pokemon fan! Big enough for you to find plenty to do around here.. pretty sure you'll love PC if you end up sticking around actively. The manga sounds awesome but I am seriously lazy to catch up and never got past the Kanto saga with Red and co. eugh. Maybe some day but for now I'm too preoccupied with other things. :'(

Welcome to PC, Lima! G/S/C are definitely one of the best Pokemon games out there but HG/SS are fantastic remakes too. Aaand I took three semesters of French in university but it was too hard to remember since I need to immerse myself properly in order to actually keep it in my head. So it went in one ear and out the other, lol. ...man I've been writing a lot here so I'll leave it at that. xD;; See you around!

Back