• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Silk2: Take Over

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
  • 56k WARNING- IMAGE HEAVY!!
    First Post includes 14 screenshots

Hello everyone. As some may know, I worked on Pokemon Silk before I worked on Digital Network. The thread for Pokemon Silk can still be found a few pages back. But I ask a for a mod to close it because Pokemon Silk2: Take Over is here.

HERE IS THE LATEST DEMO
    http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3QNAUNE...BI0ZDEAOKH9P6XK
    http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2SBFPVT...VX1VAFBTGFGUTWI

What Happened To Pokemon Silk1:
    When I re-formatted my PC, I had saved my games onto discs, or in the case of Digital Network- Posted a Demo. (So I could just re-download it).
    Many of my games I had put onto discs a good while back. Unaware that I had the OLD Silk on my other PC, I went ahead and re-formatted my PC without saving it to a disc. Pokemon Silk was lost.
    I searched through all my discs to find the most recent version of Silk and had found one. But it was still a old one. Stuff like my CBS for the game was lost. I was really pissed off, I was going to quit Silk...
    And...
    I did.
    But I decided to use what files I had left (like the menu files and stuff)- and instead of re-making Silk, I'm going ahead with its sequel.

Which Leads me to...

Pokemon Silk2: Take Over.

Story:
    Unlike the normal GB(A) pokemon games, you are not talking controll of a teenager, in fact, in this game, You'll take controll of a man (female character hasn't been sprited :P )- named Yin (you can re-name him in the game). Yin is an ex-member of Team Rocket and has just after getting out of jail. Deciding to make a fresh start, he wants to become a pokemon trainer. And gets his first pokemon (you can chose between the 3 Johto starters). One day, after watching a news report on TV, hearing about how Team rocket is starting to fall, and Team Magma/Aqua is rising, Yin gets "ticked" off. Hes angry to see Team Rocket fall, but sees his oportunity...
    He decides to form his own Team!

Features:
    One new feature that is rarely seen is the ability to make your own team. You'll be able to name it and select the sprites for what you want your followers/members to look like.
    You will also be given different choices through out the game- that WILL effect gameplay. Because I've now added a Reputation system, follwers will join you based on your actions...
    Example:
    Team Rocket is being cornered by Team Magma.
    Will you decided to help out Team Rocket?
    Will you help out Team Magma?
    Will you just do nothing?

The choice is yours. But of course- remember, the name of the game is Take Over. It is up to you to make your Team- the Number 1.

You'll have the basic things like a running system.
    Ofcourse, my game will have alot of custom things..
    Like a Custom menu System.
    Custom Bag/Item system.
    And my best Custom Battle system to date.
    Unlike my prevous games, you'll be able to catch pokemon in this game, and use them in battle. There is a custom leveling system and EXP system.
    A first for my games: Pokemon Learn attacks as they level up...

A downer for some may be the lack of pokemon. Im not going to promise you 50+ pokemon in this game, because as I said, every pokemon in the game will be abled to be used in battle. At the current moment of posting this, there is 5- including the 3 starters.

You can see for yourself in the screenshots.

Screenshots:

Battle system screens:
    battlesystem19hm.png

battlesystem23hm.png

battlesystem35zk.png

battlesystem40tj.png

battlesystem56vk.png

battlesystem61xx.png

Menu and Item screenshots:
    showingmenu1rz.png

bagsystem5sg.png

OverworldGame(random in-play) Screenshots:

leaderoutsidehishouse5ts.png

screenshot1020fk.png

showingpolicestation3xo.png

And finally: The NEW ANF IMPROVED TEAM:CO-OP mode.
    PLEASE NOTE, THESE SCREENSHOTS OF THIS FEATURE WERE TAKEN ON A TEST MAP.
    walkingwtihteam14xv.png

walkingwtihteam27kq.png

walkingwtihteam33zq.png

At any point after forming a Team, you can have members of the team follow you WHENER U CHOSE! You can have as many as 6 members follow you, or even just one, OR none at all, its your choice.

Last edited:

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
    Years
  • You asked for new features on your forum but Im gonna suggest one, A Mugging System, no im not kidding, like because your evil, you could steal something from trainers when you beat them,

And the Screens look Great the CBS is too Awesome!

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • 0_0 Wow!!!
    Story: 10/10
    Screenshots: 100/10 :P

It all looks nice, no graphical errors! Keep up the brilliant work :)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    6 members following you sounds a bit too much. How about just a max of 2 or 3? Anyways, I'm sorry that you lost your game. I wish you good luck on this one!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Everything looks great Neo. I'm sorry to hear that you lost all of your hard work for Silk, but I'm delighted to see that this looks even better than the original.

Davey-kun

Banned
    Years
  • im lovin that u can hav ur own team, u shud make it so u can hav ur own colour, like jus have a load of colours to choose from

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Thanks for all the positive comments.
    Finished working on the "stat card" (a trainer card).
    It mainly just shows your REP.

statcard4qa.png

If you have good rep- the counter (the wihte thing in the middle of the bar) will be closer/or in the green section.
    If you have a bad/evil rep- the counter will be futher into the red section.
    Your reputation will effect your Team and how the NPCs see it.

You can be good or bad, but the aim of the game is to be the baddest team out there.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • Hm.. It doesn't look correct with the tree's, grass and the light and the other patch of green near the house.. maybe recolour them then display it. At the moment I say no. But if you recolour the other objects I might change my mind hehe.

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • Yeah I agree with Rmk2k3Kid.
    The first half of the map is great but on the second half where the wild poke grass is try making patch not so quare.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I agree as well. How about recolouring it using a lighter green? Nice trainer stat card BTW.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I aint going to use it, I was trying it out and I wasn't too into it, but I decided to take a screen and ask you guys.
    Thanks for all the comments so far!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Heres another update.
    I've added in 2 new CMS's.
    The first is a Custom Money system, to go with my Custom Mart system.

Heres a screenshot of the mart.

martsystem2nn.png

I went for a more Emerald feel for it.

Back