• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just Starting Out

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    I've tried looking for the answers to these questions, but there's so many threads - I was hoping someone could point me to the best threads:

1.) How do I set it up so people can enter their name, rivals name, etc.?
    2.) Is there a way to set it up so people can choose various sprites they want to be?
    3.) How do I map? (I need to know EVERYTHING about mapping - connecting them, laying down sprites, getting sprites, setting up trainers to fight, etc.)
    4.) Is there maybe a finished game I could just tweak? (I want to only have the original 150 pokemon - Pokemon Thunder yellow [A PE release] is extremely close to what I want)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    1) See the wiki.
    2) Define many player characters - see the wiki.
    3) Mapping is a basic RMXP skill - see Google. For Pokémon-specific stuff, see the wiki.
    4) Essentials is effectively just a game that you tweak. I doubt you'll find anyone willing to let you alter their game and call it yours (even with credit).

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    1) See the wiki.
    2) Define many player characters - see the wiki.
    3) Mapping is a basic RMXP skill - see Google. For Pokémon-specific stuff, see the wiki.
    4) Essentials is effectively just a game that you tweak. I doubt you'll find anyone willing to let you alter their game and call it yours (even with credit).

Thank you. I tried looking at the wiki for the setting up of name choosing, etc. and couldn't find anything there. I'm not the best when it comes to finding answers, but when it comes to popping out my product, I tend to not disappoint!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    1-Take a look in http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282883

2-I made a little complex scene with this on my game:
    islandfoto52.png

You can do a player selection easy putting a big choice list. Example: When the player choose choice 4 you set the PlayerD using 'pbChangePlayer(3)' (4-1).

3-I suggest you to explore and test RPG Maker commands.

Back