• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Flames of Simplicity theme bug

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
  • I believe I have found a bug in the theme "Flames of Simplicity"
    While using said theme, If you click on "Choose Forum Style" under user cp, the page does not load. no error, just blank. It seems the server returns blank HTML page. The page has the head and body tags, but nothing is in them. The URL of the link clicked
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/profile.php?do=styles

Source code of blank page:
    Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <HTML><HEAD>
    <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></HEAD>
    <BODY></BODY></HTML>

If you click on the "Style Switcher" on the bottom left hand corner of the screen, you are taken to smiles page.
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/misc.php?do=style

Tested with same results on OSX and Windows 8.1
    Browsers Tested:
    IE 11, Opera 12.5, Chrome 30, FireFox 22, and Safari 537.71

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2015
    Weird, because I scrolled through the list, and just tried it... works fine for me.

Try clearing your cache and browsing history, and login to the community again.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • Weird, because I scrolled through the list, and just tried it... works fine for me.

Try clearing your cache and browsing history, and login to the community again.

I tested it on two different machines, with 6 different browsers (IE 11, Firefox, Opera, Safari and 2x Chrome (Chrome is on both machines)). I'm pretty sure it's not my cache.

EDIT:
    You did try from the "Flames of Simplicity Theme", correct?

EDIT EDIT:

I found the problem, it seems the url from the theme is: /profile.php?do=styles

The correct, working url is /misc.php?do=styleselector

FoS is not the only theme with this problem (at least on my end) 'Generation InVerse' seems to have the same link issue.

Last edited:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • I tested it on two different machines, with 6 different browsers (IE 11, Firefox, Opera, Safari and 2x Chrome (Chrome is on both machines)). I'm pretty sure it's not my cache.

EDIT:
    You did try from the "Flames of Simplicity Theme", correct?

EDIT EDIT:

I found the problem, it seems the url from the theme is: /profile.php?do=styles

The correct, working url is /misc.php?do=styleselector

FoS is not the only theme with this problem (at least on my end) 'Generation InVerse' seems to have the same link issue.

That's odd, the Master Style should contain all those variables within the UCP template. I guess it could be possible that the changes weren't applied to any themes with an edited UCP template, although I can't spot any changes made to that of FoS. Odd.

Back