• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why I love Pokemon

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
  • Hey guys, I know the majority of you won't really care about this but I haven't had the best day so I really wanted to write this, so I used to ask myself "why do I love pokemon?" And it got me thinking, when I was younger and now even I used to fantasize about pokemon about the pokemon world, and just wanting to be a part of it. And I know why, and this might be the same case for others Pokemon is a Escape for a lot of us, when we aren't having the best day when things aren't going exactly how we want we play pokemon, we watch it, and it gives us an escape from
    The rest of the world that a lot of times can be stressful and get us down. Some people say "it's for children how can you enjoy that" it's because it makes us happy there shouldn't be an age limit on pokemon period! And I hope that if someone. Who might have lost their interest in it or never really been that big into will see this yes I know this is a pokemon forum but maybe a visitor will see this and start their own amazing journey. Thank you to the ones that read this.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey guys, I know the majority of you won't really care about this but I haven't had the best day so I really wanted to write this, so I used to ask myself "why do I love pokemon?" And it got me thinking, when I was younger and now even I used to fantasize about pokemon about the pokemon world, and just wanting to be a part of it. And I know why, and this might be the same case for others Pokemon is a Escape for a lot of us, when we aren't having the best day when things aren't going exactly how we want we play pokemon, we watch it, and it gives us an escape from the rest of the world that a lot of times can be stressful and get us down. Some people say "it's for children how can you enjoy that" it's because it makes us happy there shouldn't be an age limit on pokemon period! And I hope that if someone. Who might have lost their interest in it or never really been that big into will see this yes I know this is a pokemon forum but maybe a visitor will see this and start their own amazing journey. Thank you to the ones that read this.
    Absolutely. Pokémon is such a great escape when life gets bothersome. You get to collect your own unique team of creatures, friends, with amazing powers and train them and see them evolve and journey through a land to face enemies and challenges... Frankly I don't understand how anybody can not like pokémon just the tiniest bit. It's such a great concept.

I've stopped denying that I like and know about pokémon :) and when I get children of my own, I'll get them a handheld console and the latest pokémon game, and if pokémon somehow has stopped making new games by then, I'll find an old console and old games. Because it's worth any effort.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • I agree with ^ fully. I grew up with Pokemon, it was, and probably still is a big part of my life. Pokemon pretty much laid down the ground work of who I am today. Or, at least, solidified those ideals and aspirations of being a voice actor (I always wanted to voice at least ONE character in the anime, even today), my love of anime and nerdy things, and so on and so forth.

Pokemon has been a big part of my life, because of the memories I had, and the people I've met with similar interests. I wouldn't have the friends, ideals, and the character I have today.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I really like what you're saying here, and like everyone else, do agree! By watching and playing Pokémon, you're most likely enjoying yourself, and as such, forget about our surroundings and whatever things that are going on in your life, which is very refreshing. You need some break from these things every once in a while, for your own good and safety.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
  • You frazed it exactly how I would XD Its an escape. After a long frustrating day of... whatever, its nice to know that I can just lay back and play an awesome game :P

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I agree. When I was younger I was always told that by the time I was 18, my interest in Pokemon would be gone, and I would barely remember what it was by then. That I would've moved on, and become interested in guys, and marry, and live on a farm with kittens, etc. I laughed that idea then, and I'm still laughing at it now, because I'm in my twenties, date girls, and am still very much into Pokemon. I probably will always be, because.. why not? It's meant to be enjoyed, and I love seeing all the new ideas and upgrades that happen with each new generation. When I have a rough day, or I'm trying to wind down at night, often times I'll lay in bed and play through Black 2 or X and Y. Eventually, if I do raise children, they might like it due to the simple fact that I'll still be playing the games myself, haha. I do also intend to show them the TV series. c:

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Pokemon is what defines me. Its the first game that actually brought me to playing video games and I have never forgotten the first time I played pokemon red. You should be proud of being a Pokemon Lover.. :)

Back