• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fighting Type Week On Pokemon Website

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    A special channel on the Watch Pokemon TV website for this week where they have chosen 7 of the best episodes which are to do with fighting type Pokemon.

1. Lost Leader Strategy
    2. Crossing The Battle Line
    3. A Triple Fighting Chance
    4. The Clubsplosion Begins
    5. Search For The Clubultimate
    6. A Clubsplosion Of Excitement
    7. Commanding The Clubsplosion Crown

I think they have missed a lot of a good old episodes which are to do with fighting type Pokemon like the one where Ash battles Chuck.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I wonder if the recent release of Furious Fists has anything to do with this, or if it's just a coincidence?

Yeah, the selection could have been better imo. The Clubsplosion episodes seem a little odd but I won't complain. I think the episode with the P1 Grand Prix would have been a great choice, along with the battle against Chuck, like you mentioned. Besides that, the episode selection is pretty solid and I recommend watching them :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The Clubsplosion is the one that revolved around fighting types specifically, wasn't it? If so then I can see why they chose it. Though it would have been nice if they had gone with a more varied choice of episodes as well. Maybe even six episodes and then the seventh day is just all Clubsplosion. Oh well I should still go and see about checking out (or rewatching) these episodes sometime because why not. Also, I wonder if they'll do this for other types sometime that would be nice to see to be honest.

Wobbu

Years
  • The Clubsplosion is the one that revolved around fighting types specifically, wasn't it?

It's been a while since I watched them, but I think the final battle of the tournament was
    Spoiler:
    Besides that, I think the tournament was generally varied in types. I at least know a Simipour battled in the tournament haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yeah, that's the tournament I'm thinking of. If I remember correctly it was mainly for fighting Pokemon but other Pokemon (such as Pansage, and that Simipour) could participate as well but because it was mainly fighting it was Scraggy that Ash used for the tournament. I would go and see for confirmation but haaa lazy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I love the clubspolosion episode, but I'm a bit miffed as to why The Punchy Pokémon ep from Indigo League isn't included. To be fair, they included a lot of Season 1 & 2 in the Charizard special week so that may be why.

Wobbu

Years
  • My guess is that they wanted the newer episode to have more exposure. As iconic as The Punchy Pokémon is, it's an episode that most fans have likely watched, and I'm sure not as many people have watched the Clubsplosion episodes. I think it's a good idea, hopefully more people will be introduced to the greatness of BW's tournament arcs.

Back