• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How does technology impact our daily lives?

Years
  • How do you believe technology impacts your daily lives? Are there certain aspects of technology you think are essentially to operate today, or perhaps enhances our daily tasks? What about pieces of technology you believe we cannot live without?

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Ultimately, it makes us lazy and weak. It's sickening. The day of reckoning is coming. We will ALL PAY.

Nah, I'm just kiddin.

I don't think there's any technology that we literally can not live without but we've(people in developed countries) become really dependent on it, so much so that it seems that way.

Years
  • I don't think there's any technology that we literally can not live without but we've(people in developed countries) become really dependent on it, so much so that it seems that way.
    Oh, definitely. I couldn't agree more with this.

In addition, one thing I was thinking on a larger scale with technologies we can't live without: the automobile. Yeah, maybe it's not what we'd think of as technology, but back in the early 1900s, it surely was. :P

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Since technology makes doing work easier, we have a lot more time at our hands which allows us to do stuff, that we wouldn't be able to do otherwise. Having more time to devote to other things helps upping the level of knowledge you (and thus people in general), which allows humankind to grow faster. At the same time, we need that technology, or otherwise that progress would slow down massively. Cell phones allow for better communication between people, having fast internet and Skype even allows for people who are on opposite sites of the planet to work together on the same project. If you have a question, you can just ask some random people on an internet forum, instead of having to rely on an instruction booklet, or the infamous service hotline. Even school demands pupils to have internet access these days, to do their homework.

Granted we still have books and all that stuff, but technology makes everything quicker, so while we aren't neccessarily dependent on it, it would be a lot slower without it.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • You could write an essay on this but I'm gonna talk about smartphones.

I'd say smartphones have enhanced our everyday lives when it comes to daily usage. Smartphones have given us tools like calenders, to do lists, calculators, notepads, mobile banking to name a few at any time we need them. It does seem like we're gonna need to adapt our social etiquette on mobile usage because you hear stories about people using phones in inappropriate situations like in meetings. I also find it odd how some people always carry their phones with them on their hands whilst doing something else (are we babying phones now)

Don't think we could live without TV's today when it's often our main way of getting news and entertainment.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I think technology is amazing. It's helped so many different people in many ways. A lot better than how things were in the dark ages without a trace of it. I love how iPads and other tablets have helped people with special needs and such. People who can't speak due to a disability or whatever often use them for communication to be able to interact with others as well.

I mean for me alone... my iPad has really made my writing abilities so much better. It takes pressure off writing with a pen & paper and having my hand cramp badly. It's also much easier for my doctors and other health care people to understand me better. I have always found it hard to verbally and emotionally express myself. However, when I'm writing... it's like it's just... my natural voice. I don't have any problem being able to explain something if I can type it. Plus, the iPad has a text to speech function that also helps get this other voice out too.

I think technology has really just made life easier for everyone. However, there are a lot of disadvantages to it. People end up becoming hermits rather than mingling with the outside world at times. Too many people let technology absorb them and ruin their lives. Like, take cyber bullying for example. It's way too easy for someone to ridicule another person using technology means. I won't get too much into that though. It borders between internet safety and technology... no matter how much I try to explain it.

That's basically my two cents Sorry if I ruined the discussions here.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • Well, Technology had improved quite our lives and even i can't live without Mobiles/Computer even a single day :D Technology is hugely influenced in schools/even colleges demand us to find information on the internet. Technology had made our things easier for example: finding information about a particular article, subject or whatever things! but it is sad to say that it had put many disadvantages in our life as it made us approx totally dependent on only Technology to find answers and even solutions rather than finding and using our brain Which made us lazy and dependable but i'm not lazy even i use this things all the day :P

Back