• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X & Y Pokedex

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
So now I'm hearing that the total number of pokemon including this generation is just over 700? Is this true?

Sooo from that, I guess that means that there will be about, say, 50-70-80 more pokemon to be revealed? I guess that means that more national pokemon will be in this pokedex?

blue

gucci
Years
I'm hoping we get a similar figure to the B2W2 Pokedex (Approx 300) and it's looking likely judging from the wild Pokemon seen in the trailer and this whole Eeveelution speculation.

So now I'm hearing that the total number of pokemon including this generation is just over 700? Is this true?

Sooo from that, I guess that means that there will be about, say, 50-70-80 more pokemon to be revealed? I guess that means that more national pokemon will be in this pokedex?

Yeah, the number of new Pokemon introduced will take the current total from 649 to beyond 700 apparently.

Last edited:

Kotetsu-kun

Unova League Rival
Years
Woah... 800+ Pokemon? That's sweet! I hope there's a new Battrio and Tretta for that, Like Battrio XY and Tretta XY. Also, whatever happened to the FAKE BW2 starters? You know, the Cactus Bird and the other Water-Type bird?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm not really getting my hopes up for an Eeveelution. Yes it's likely, but then again we've said it's likely for every game that has ever been released. Seriously.

But I can even see them adding around 80-100 Pokemon. If they did another 150 then hot dang. I'm sure they're going to add a decent amount of Pokemon from previous generations. Hopefully thewhole Ralts family really is in there like the Kirlia shown. I'd love a Gardevoir. <3

Years
  • Age 30
  • US
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Why not go the whole 649 pokemon? Plus an extra 120 from the new region.

Probably stretching though. Would be complicated as well.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'm hoping we get a similar figure to the B2W2 Pokedex (Approx 300) and it's looking likely judging from the wild Pokemon seen in the trailer and this whole Eeveelution speculation.

Yeah, the number of new Pokemon introduced will take the current total from 649 to beyond 700 apparently.

Mmm, I guess they're approaching this from more of a qualitative than quantitative matter, which is good! I wouldn't mind if they added fewer pokemon this generation, so long as they appeal to be quite creative; despite not being eye candy or something~ I wonder what will happen if we complete the pokedex this time? Will there be an opportunity to catch rarer national pokemon like the past gen. starters? Mmm~

Why not go the whole 649 pokemon? Plus an extra 120 from the new region.

Probably stretching though. Would be complicated as well.

Yeah, they've always done dual games with pokemon capturing exclusivity, and you'll wouldn't be able to catch certain pokemon like... starter pokemon from the past gen, or legendary pokemon from the past gen.

I'd like to have a game that one day have all the pokemon too, but... that'd be tricky for game freak to find an given area to place them all. D=

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'll be very unhappy if there's anything less than 100 new pokemon. New pokemon is a massive part of the experience for me, without a good variety things start going downhill. A big part of the enjoyment is discovering the pokemon and debating what I'll use.

I think adding 151 would be ideal if only because it would bring the total pokemon up to a lovely round 800 pokemon. However I would be satisfied with 120-130 new pokemon. (something like the third gen)

edit: Just noticed I posted this already, I must be going senile.....

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
Too many species!!

(couldn't find one so I'll just make one)

With there likely being around 800 Pokémon, and the last Pokédex around 300 Pokémon, there likely will be a large amount of regional Pokédex Pokémon.

How many do you think is too much, and what you would like to see? Is more better? Or do you like limited choice?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like the big variety. I just hope they don't pull a BW on us and only have gen VI Pokemon till post-game. Quite cruel!

blue

gucci
Years
There's well over 700 so that's an introduction of atleast 52, I liked the amount that made up the B2W2 which was 300 so anything around that figure would be good. For the total number of Pokemon I'm going to guess 731 and for the Pokedex count I'd say around 310?

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Well they Probably Won't add more than 150 This round like they did with BW [156]
Plus this gen will Probably Include some new Evolutions and Pre Evolutions to Older Pokemon

So Maybe about 120-140?

Years
For some strange reason I think they're going to end up adding 127 new Pokemon (with a dex of around 230), so the total Pokemon up to this point will be 776. Then, if the 7th Generation of Pokemon does happen down the line, I would expect Pokemon #777 to be a legendary, similar to Victini.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
If they do that I'll be very upset. I like seeing some of my old favourites. But I'm all for heaps of new ones too. More to catch, more challenge!

I Wouldnt Mind only Having Gen VI Pokemon till Post game that way The Games are More Exciting
(Although if they do this they will probably add about 140-150 Pokemon)

[sarcasm]Like what they did with Gen I You could only find Gen I Pokemon in Red and Blue Before the E4 and even afterwards you could still find only Gen I Pokemon[/sarcasm]
Lol

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2013
I think 151 will be announced, more or less. I personally hope that Crobat and Swoonat will be catchable. Did anyone else realize that Crobat is X-shaped, and Swoobat is Y-shaped?

Back