• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Relationship/Friendship thread

Years
  • (Sodom approved)
    So the point of this thread is for 3 things:
    -Mainly finding a relationship with a member
    -Finding a way to make friends with a member
    -discussion on topic

And here's how it works:
    -First name/age if you want
    -A little about you
    -What you are looking for in a friendship/relationship
    -PM'ing a person you think would be nice to get to know

Here I go with mine to start~
    Name: Kendra, 18
    Bio: I am a mtf (male to female) transgender who loves Pokemon and mostly other Nintendo video game series. I am mostly a calm person and can talk about nearly anything with being offended. Currently in high school, and just gotta finish this year and Senior year. Also cats are the best thing ever
    Looking for: Mainly a future relationship. Between 17-23 seems like a good age range for me. Of course you need to get to know someone first before a relationship starts. Also you have to be pretty open minded, because that makes talking about opinions easier. Guy or girl, trans or not, doesn't really matter to me. So yeah, if you think I could be someone you'd like to know better or even eventually hope for a relationship then feel free to PM me any questions you have~

Now it's time for all of you to put some information up and pm me

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • ......am I to be the first to say I don't understand this? I'm sorry.

I've had relationships through online means before, even through here on PC, but this is not how I found them. Romanticism on paper is like logistics on a napkin - you're going to have a bad time.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • There is more ways of making new friends like talking with them in VM/PM. I don't think this thread idea would work and making relationships online doesn't makes sense

Years
  • Name: Kristen, age 23
    Bio: I am a college graduate. Got my degree in psychology. I am volunteering as a research assistant to get pubs and hopefully convince grad schools I am a worthwhile human being despite my horrible GPA. I love research. I really love research. I had a horrible life, complete with rape, childabuse, and chronic health disorders, but I'm actually quite happy with myself and my life's projected trajectory. I live in Michigan or Ohio depending on the time of the month.
    Looking for: I would be really surprised if I found someone on here I wanted to be in a relationship with (and they certainly wouldn't be any younger than me), but I guess since I am such a bleeding heart it could happen. I'm open to either gender. BUT ANYWAY I mostly just want friends. I feel disconnected from PC because I'm not close to literally anyone on this website.

EDIT: Has no one here done online dating? This kind of thing does actually work.

pkmin3033

I'm guessing this thread is supposed to help facilitate more intimate relationships or less serious member pairings/families on the forum? I see a lot of older members paired or related to other members in their signatures anyway, and my first thought was that it was setting up something like that again...I dunno how these things work, I'm just guessing. It's not very clear to me either. Maybe I'm just dense. xD

Anyways, I'm not going to provide any personal information for this or anything - I'd prefer to keep stuff private, and I can't even write a proper bio so an about me thing is out of the question as it'd be a terrifying textwall nobody would want to read - but what I will say is that my inbox or VMs are open for anyone who wants to chat. I'm not going to actively seek or force friendships or anything (I think this stuff happens naturally, it's not something you advertise for) but I'm always open to casual conversation about whatever comes to mind.

You don't have to be friends with someone to have a civil or interesting conversation with them. If we become friends from talking...well, good for us. If not, we can part on good terms. I leave it in your hands~

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Online dating does seem to work, I even dated someone from here. It takes loads of dedication though, if you two are willing to make it work OUTSIDE of PC, then all the best. I know/heard a few peeps that are currently dating right now...even a couple from here that got married! So it goes to show that there is some dedication involved~

for the lolz i'm gonna fill this out because why not. i'm not looking for a relationship anyways so if you fall in love with me after reading this there is a 99% chance that you will get your heart broken. they call me certified heartbreaker for a reason.

Name: Megan, 24.
    Bio: I'm shy and reserved but when you talk to me, I tend to be pretty crazy, and a pretty social butterfly. I am a tech nerd, bookworm, and I enjoy old-generation gaming. I guess if you read my bio on my profile you cooooould learn more. haha.

Looking for: I'm more looking for friendship rather than relationship, but I guess there's no preference, right? xD I tend to get really clingy when I get close to people in an emotional manner, so if you are looking for a best friend, I'm yo gal. I also offer free hugs, so I like to hug a lot. <3

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • dating people on PC is a step too far for me. and potentially being approached for such a reason would be the most awkward horrific thing going for me because I'm terribly fussy. I like to loom in the background and make first approaches for friendships. relationships... well, there's been one occasion I've pressed forward for one of those, and it wasn't online. Maybe one day I'll change my mind on that, and maybe I'm far too traditional, but I feel asking someone face to face is a lot more meaningful.

gl to anyone doing this however.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    If this is primarily a dating thread, shouldn't there be a pictures field?

I'll do the thing.

Name: Alessa, 21. Yes, nickname. Always hated my real one.

Bio: I don't wanna write a hefty wall of text, so I wrote a hefty wall of text.
    I dropped vet medicine due to some personal issues. Picked up a gunsmithing certification course instead. Recently finished that and picked up a CIS degree because why not. :v
    If I could just find a good 'school' for explosives, I would've taken that in a heartbeat to go with my firearms training. Having both an FFL and an FEL would have made for a fun shop to run. :3
    With my track record at Taco Bell, I can't say I care much for people nutrition, but don't get me started on nutrition for kitties. I wanted to specialize in animal nutrition. D:
    On that note, I love cats. Cats are the best. I'm allergic to dogs so I won't get one, but I still think big, fluffy monsters like Malamutes and Huskies are cute.
    And I love baking. And I spend too much time gaming. And I love horror everything - movies, shows, games, etc. And you'll find a longer list on my profile, if you're that interested. :P

Looking for: Just friends pls. I don't think Mr. Boyfriend would appreciate me dating someone on The Internet™, especially when he's moving in tomorrow. ;)
    Much like Magic Christmas Lights, I feel rather disconnected from PC as there's only one person I really talk to lately.
    Just meeting more peoples with similar interests would be nice. I'm terrible at making the 'first move' and messaging other people first. Either PM or VM is fine, but I'll be honest, you'll get much faster replies on steam, haha.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • My older sister has attempted to get me to internet date before, but it has not worked. Course I do not mind attempting to do so here.

Name: Ryan, 26
    Bio: First off I have high functioning autism. For education, the highest level I have done is some college. I currently work four days a week as volunteer at a public library. I like gaming in a various assortment of video games. Two of my biggest interests are World War II and the Titanic. For musical preferences, I am a fan of classical (particularly Beethoven and Wagner), classic rock, holiday, soundtrack. I live in Washington State.
    Looking For: I am looking for a possible future relationship. Preferably, someone of the opposite gender. I would be fine with searching for someone in the 22-28 age range.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I'm dating someone I met originally on this forum (Captain Fabio) and I'm very happily in a relationship with him! It just passed our two and a half year mark, too! :3 We met ages ago on PC and then when I moved countries, we met up along with some mutual friends at an expo and the spark was there- and I guess the rest is history!

But making new friends is always fun so:

Name: You get Kura for now. 25. Damn.. I'm old.

Bio: I'm originally from Toronto and I'm residing in the UK now. I have been working as a videogame developer for the past 3 years and loving it and I hope that doesn't change anytime soon (I'm an animator specifically.)
    I'd also consider myself to be a pretty artsy girl. I like anything visual arts related; sewing and fashion, photography, drawing/painting, etc. And I would consider myself a foodie too and I've been trying to improve my baking skills recently. (I love good food! But then again.. who doesnt?) I also enjoy going to the gym and media/entertainment/computer stuff, but I wouldn't say I am a maths person. I would say I'm more emotional than logical and I can be pretty outspoken and opinionated. I think I am a very loyal friend and also considerate of others. I have blue hair in parts.. I'm really short (4'10") and.. uh.. well if you want to know anything else then just give me a VM! Oh and if it helps, I generally like all kinds of music but lately into metal most, if that helps spark conversation- I'm not hugely into specific albums like many others I know, though.

Looking for: New friends, please!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • To all the naysayers, this can work out. I met my husband under similar circumstances. It was a more innocent "member bio" thread in a forum, but ended with the same results as this thread is trying to achieve.

Good luck to you all. :)

I'd advertise myself for friends but I'm not very good at the whole friend thing unless face-to-face.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Ahem. I'd first like to pop in my head to say that just like regular dating, online dating can and can't work. It all depends on the people involved. Different things work for different people, so I'd encourage anyone to try a variety of things until they find the one they like. For me, it worked nicely. (Though I wasn't even trying, it just sort of happened) As a matter of fact, I have been living with my fiance for over a year now and I met him on another forum similar to this one. And I'm 100% sure that I won't ever leave his side.

Anyway, I'm not here for romance. That's obvious. But friends? Friends are nice. I suppose I like to think of this thread more so as getting attention to yourself so others can know you exist. It's that for me. Let me put myself out there.

Name: I am Arylett, but you may also refer to me as Adele. 23 years of age.

Bio: I don't like talking too much about my meatpuppet life because of how boring I find that stuff to be, so this part will be brief. I'm basically some person who is employed part-time and on occasion goes to classes, but has no real plans to graduate from college due to the strain of working and schooling at the same time.

Super neurotic, and easily anxious. But I can be nice. People like me on occasion for some reason. They say that I am insightful and detailed, and super serious and passionate. I'm really intense because I've got a lot of feelings in me, but I can be plenty funny and amusing too. If my sense of humor coincides with yours, that is.

My interests, other than Pokemon, include various JRPGs. Such as the Xenosaga series (if you're a fan of that one, I absolutely insist that you contact me), Tales games, Final Fantasy, etc. I like anime too, so there is that. Though I haven't seen many, so don't start babbling at me about the latest thing. I prefer to watch them dubbed and don't keep up with subs.

Also, I am a roleplayer, so there's that. And a super artist writer creative lady too, who is very passionate about her projects. More details can be found in my profile. You may feel free to initiate communications with me at any time, but be forewarned that I don't really like small talk and I'm slow to respond because I'm always nervous when I'm talking to new people. Maybe if we get to know each other enough, a voice chat would be nice. I love speaking to people with voices, even though I'm much more suited for typing.

Looking for: More people to befriend and add to the Awesome Circle of Friendship With My Fiance. (TM) I'm kind of a package deal. You get me, you also get him at some point if we get to be close enough friends. Don't worry though, he's plenty awesome. Just a lot shyer with people than I am, so that's why he isn't here in this thread. :P

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Guys, if all you're going to post in this thread is how online dating doesn't work and that this thread will fail, you're best not to post at all. The thread has already been approved by Sodom and this thread is also about making friends. I'm sure plenty of you have made friends here on PC, yes? That's also an internet relationship and I assume that's working out for you. So again, please refrain from the off topic "this won't work" posts. If you've at least got merit and reason to it, I'd say you're fine, but if all you have to say is "lol no" essentially, why bother? I imagine it's disheartening for someone to get these messages in their thread.

For what it's worth, I kind of dated someone from here once. It didn't work out, but I don't think we ever really took the big steps we needed to take for it to work out in the end. We do make a damn good pair of friends though and as long as I have that, I'm a happy lark. :) And that being said, I have made a lot of great friends here and have even met a couple! I plan to meet more in the future as well, so that's something to look forward to. I think I value my online friends more than my irl friends though, honestly. I feel I have a better connection with the friends I've made here than the friends I've made in person. I don't really know why...if I had to guess, it must be less intimidating to message someone on here or communicate through thread topics and form a bond than to walk up to someone and talk. Even typing that method was scary, haha.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Name: Raphael, 22
    Bio: Just an average college student from California who is pretty socially awkward, because I avoid eye-contact and hold my arms together during a conversation to avoid being called a creep, but at the same time, I wish to chat with someone to express myself and my interests, though they can be random. I enjoy playing video games (mostly Nintendo), drawing map layouts and roster organizations, and visiting zoos, aquariums, and theme parks. I have 1% Autism, and I get these intrusive thoughts from time to time involving me being violent or if it a live show goes awall, which I try to get out of my head. I fear of moving out of my hometown in fear uncharted territory and heavy traffic that would be too much for my eye condition (and getting my car license resigned for moving out of the state).

Looking For: Friends who are nice, smart, and able to help me deal with any issue I have at the moment.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I've made a friend here. It's great that you can do that on online forums. Isn't that the whole point of forums anyway? A place where people gather to discuss common interests and topics. Considering the nature of forums, they're bound to have plenty of people making new friends.

As for the relationship part of this.. Well, considering my age, I can hardly imagine that I'm expected to say something here.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Name: Jake, 19

Bio: Sometimes I might come off as a ***** but I'm actually a really nice person. Sometimes I might not take interest in what you say but that usually just means I'm busy or tired, or just in a bad mood. Idk I have a weird personality that takes some getting used to. I also have rly bad anxiety and paranio (plus mild depression but that's not really relevant), so if I constantly ask if you're mad at me don't get annoyed because I can't help it that my brain is ****ed pls thank u. As for what I'm in to... Anything? Idk obv I like Pokemon, but I also like other video games like AC, Zelda, MH idk!! I like food and musicals idk I am bad at this bye.

Looking for: A naughty ;) hot boy. Really I'm just looking for anyone to talk to. I just really enjoy talking to people YOLO. Only message me if you are a hot boy tho!!! jk idc anyone cal feel free to message me. But if I don't reply it just means I am being lazy becuase I don't like being ignored so I try my best to respond to everyone.

Back