• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Notifications when you subscribe

Years
  • So I'm a person that frequently looks at PC and during that time I've found threads I've been wanting to keep my eye on however I rarely check my email so subscribing to a thread wouldn't benefit me whole lot. But if you created an option to receive a notification when the thread has been updated by a person or the original poster, I think that'd work better for some people.

Notifications when you subscribe

Yeah that's how many threads I try to keep up with (most of them are hacks).

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • If you set your default subscription option to "No email notification" or then threads you've subscribed to will automatically appear in your UserCP, and any thread that you post in will automatically subscribe itself. I'd not be sure about delivering a notification for every single reply due to high-post threads like DCCs, some forum games threads, some major hack threads, etc.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • I agree, having to be constantly notified whenever a thread is replied to would be terrible.

It would be better, however, if you get a single notification when the thread has any number of new replies, so replies are essentially idempotent in terms of notifications. Not sure if the notification system can work that way, though.

Years
  • I agree, having to be constantly notified whenever a thread is replied to would be terrible.

It would be better, however, if you get a single notification when the thread has any number of new replies, so replies are essentially idempotent in terms of notifications. Not sure if the notification system can work that way, though.

Yeah that does sound better than a barrage of notifications. But it doesn't matter I was just trying to find a simpler way to keep up with threads.

Also this thread can be closed now, or preferably deleted (if you can spare some time to do that I'd appreciate it). For some reason it urks me to have a thread.

Back