• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Mystery Dungeon Poll 1 - Starter

Which character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

SMD POLL 1 - SELECT YOUR STARTER!

Hello, and welcome to our first Super Mystery Dungeon Poll! Super Mystery Dungeon is an upcoming game for 3DS. In it, we're able to play from around 20 selectable characters. The game is set to release throughout end of this month in Japan and United States, but to help hype for its release, we're going to try sneaking as much polls as possible within the timeframe and have some discussion!

Without further ado, let's get started!

• Which starter are we going for?
    • Why would we be choosing this?
    • What would be our second and third options?
    • Which is your least favorite starter?
    • Are there any other Pokémon we think should be playable?

If you have any questions about the event, send myself or Achromatic a private message. Send in your votes and posts and may the best Pokémon win!

Small note: If this was your CSS and you'd prefer us not using it, let us know. We have no idea who made this CSS, but if it's yours and you don't want it used then drop us a message!
    -

blue

gucci
    Years

I'll be choosing Fennekin.

Why would we be choosing this?

Since this is the first Mystery Dungeon game to include Geneation VI Pokemon, I feel it's necessary to choose one of the Kalos starters.

What would be our second and third options?

For my partner I will be choosing either Piplup or Riolu.

Which is your least favorite starter?

I would probably have to say Charmander. No particular reason, just out of all the starter Pokemon Charmander is my least favourite.

Are there any other Pokémon we think should be playable?

Not that I can think of, the amount of Pokemon playable is fairly reasonable.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • i choose too much starters lmao

I'm gonna go with Cyndaquil.

• Why would we be choosing this?
    It was my first starter!

• What would be our second and third options?
    Too many haha! Well honestly I would choose Charmander or Mudkip.

• Which is your least favorite starter?
    Don't have any! <3

• Are there any other Pokémon we think should be playable?
    Definitely Eevee! why was it female only in Sky and Red/Blue rescue team ;__;

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Which starter are we going for?
    To be honest, I'd be happy with pretty much all the starter Pokémon. But, I think I'm gonna go with Froakie, Fennekin, or Pikachu.

Well, I think Froakie and Fennekin are just fun Pokémon, and I liked them in XY so they would be fun to play as. Pikachu might be fun because I played as a Pikachu back in my first Mystery Dungeon experience.

What would be our second and third options other options?
    If I don't pick any of those, I'd also have fun playing as Oshawatt, Tepig, Snivy, or Charmander. I like all those guys too. :D

Chespin, Bulbasaur and Riolu.

Chespin and Bulbasaur because I don't really like their designs, and Riolu because it is so over done.

I think it would be cool for Gothita to be a playable Pokémon. I'm not exactly sure why, but it would be fun.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Usually I go with Pokémon of the current spotlight generation, but since I missed GTI so I'll go with Oshawott on my initial play.
    As for my permanent save file (meaning won't ever restart again) I'll go with Froakie!

Because Froakie is one of the current spotlight generation's star, along Fennekin and Chespin. So it's nice to give them some love, to let them feel they are welcomed in the franchise! ^_^

Following from the previous answer, the second and third options naturally belong to Fennekin and Chespin. Additionally since I missed GTI as said from the first answer, I'll have Snivy and Tepig as my second and third options.

Pikachu, it's just a personal dislike. :P

Other than starters, there are a lot of Pokémon with great potential such as the original starters from Rescue Team like Cubone, Machop, Eevee, as well as the starters from Explorers like Vulpix, Munchlax, Shinx and Axew from GTI! Not to mention, there are Pokémon with great potentials for example like Flabébé, Clefairy, Ralts, Buneary and Marill!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Fennekin is my top choice.

It's my favorite of all the basic stage Kalos starters. It's so cute! And like Unapologetic Sunflower said before me, I'd rather choose a Pokemon from the current generation. So excited to play as a 6th gen Poke in a PMD game!

My second option would be Chespin, and my third option would be Froakie.

There really aren't any that I dislike, but my least favorites are Tepig, Mudkip, and Cyndaquil.

I'd love to play as Mawile, Klefki, or Honedge :)

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • -Which starter are we going for?
    Oh god ... I really want to go with Riolu again, for obvious reasons but I think I should go with the new starter Pokémon! I think I'll go with Froakie!
    -Why would we be choosing this?
    Because I should choose a Pokémon from the current Generation you know ^^ And it's my favourite from all the 3 Kalos starters *-* It's so cuuuute
    -What would be our second and third options?
    My second option would be Riolu and the third option would be ... huh ... Piplup =D
    -Which is your least favorite starter?
    Pikachu ... It really has to be everywhere (I know Riolu is a popular Pokémon too ...)! I'm sick and tired of Pikachu xD
    -Are there any other Pokémon we think should be playable?
    First I have to say ... I'm disappointed with the playable starters ... Only the starters and 2 different Pokémon? (Pikachu and Riolu?) I really wouldn't mind if they changed at least Pikachu and Riolu for 2 other Pokémon that were never playable or something like that! I miss Vulpix and Shinx ;-; There are so many Pokémon with great potentials like Honedge, Pumpkaboo (Ok, the Ghost-type moves may not be very helpful ... But I would love to play with it), Buneary, Klefki, and much more ^^

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    -Which starter are we going for?

Riolu will be my first choice for sure.

-Why would we be choosing this?

My current playthrough on sky and many previous have been as a Riolu, so I plan on keeping the chain going.

-What would be our second and third options?

Charmander and Mudkip, both I have been before in both games and I have fond memories. In fact I was a Charmander my first time through Red Rescue. I selected Piplup and Treeko along with the others mentioned above, If I get any of those on the first try I'll probably ride with it.

-Which is your least favorite starter?

Tododile :3

-Are there any other Pokémon we think should be playable?

Yes... All of the ones that were playable in the older games please.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It'll likely have to be Torchic.

Torchic line has always been one of my favorites, and I believe I'll have fun playing as it.

Probably Treecko and Riolu.

It's hard to say... Tepig, maybe?

Vulpix, without a doubt! Beldum would also be cool.

Reactions: Sun

pkmin3033

Piplup!

Piplup has been my favourite starter since it was first introduced...penguins are awesome. Plus this way I get to play as a Pokemon called Pingu.

Charmander or Fennekin, probably...I typically choose a partner that is weak against my main for some reason.

Hmm...Froakie, because Greninja is fugly. I also fail to understand why Riolu is a starter; there's nothing remotely special about it...and I've never liked Lucario. So that'd be a close second.

Where did Shinx go?! I'd definitely play as Shinx - or use it as a partner - if it was available again. I'm surprised Eevee was taken out, too. I would have liked to have seen them keep their good random choices in (not just bloody Riolu) and maybe add a couple more from gens five and six - Drilbur and Espurr, maybe?

...also, why are we answering questions framed in the third person? xD

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • 1. Which starter are we going for?
    It's hard for me to decide between the 5 I voted for, Totodile, Riolu, Torchic, Fennekin, and Froakie. Although, more than likely I'm going to end up going with Froakie.
    2. Why would we be choosing this?
    Because it is just so adorable and love it's entire line.
    3. What would be our second and third options?
    I would've gone for either Riolu or Totodile. Riolu has always been one of my favorites, plus Fighting is my favorite type and Totodile is just an adorable little crocodile.
    4. Which is your least favorite starter?
    Turtwig.
    5. Are there any other Pokémon we think should be playable?
    If you know me, you know who I wanted to be playable.....Pancham.

Years
    Pikachu

It's Pikachu! I like playing as Pikachu plus it would be too hard to choose otherwise!

Probably Froakie and Snivy.

Riolu.

Well I would like to play as Heracross but honestly think it should be limited to the main series Starters.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    You see, this choice would be easier if I didn't get Treecko as my starter in PMD Sky.

Riolu, I guess?
    It was fun playing as him first time I played Sky soooooo...
    Oshawott and Fennekin as those are my other favourite starters.
    Chimchar is kinda really uninteresting so that.
    Phanpy, obvs. Also Eevee because you know why.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I think I'll go with Froakie.

Froakie is one of my favourite starters, and it'd be fun to use it in a PMD game. It looks like it's designed to be a good explorer, and it learns some useful moves for in the dungeons, like Quick Attack, Water Pulse, and Smack Down.

I could also go with Totodile instead, because it learns Ice Fang and Crunch in addition to its Water type moves. Either way, I'll back them up with Bulbasaur, to deal with pesky Electric and Grass types. Additionally, Froakie and Totodile can deal with Fire, Flying, and Psychic types that try to mess with Bulbasaur.

Oshawott. Its head looks really weird in my opinion.

I'd like to see Rhyhorn, Tangela, Togepi, Marill, Sneasel, Gligar, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Ralts, Trapinch, Zorua, Pancham, Espurr, and the pseudo-legends as starters in future PMD games. Maybe the fossils too. As for previous starters, I'd like to see Eevee, Meowth, Cubone, Machop, Phanpy, Shinx, Munchlax, and Axew return.

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
    Riolu, Nuff said.
    Because Riolu is one of my favorite Pokémon, Also was my Pokémon in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.
    What would be your second and third options?
    Charmander and perhaps Chespin.
    Really don't have one that I don't like.
    Eevee because I love Eevee's, that and Eevee was in the first 2 games so why did they take it away?

Back