• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"It's no use against a speed you can't touch."

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Sooooooooo. I promised Nica I'd make one and after putting it off all week, I finally decided to make it haha. That and the fact that it could use a little help here and there. Most notably a need for fire type moves.

Anyways, team at a glance:
    386-defense.png
    442.png
    212.png
    534.png
    473.png
    149.png

At first I thought, ok. I want hazard damage. Lots of it. Let's make a team based of residual damage.
    388.png

Hmm.. Who has enough bulk to set up SR and Spikes x3? Deoxys-D it is.
    388.png
    149.png

Well hey, I'm going to need a good sweeper after everyone's taken enough damage. Who better than my favorite all time Pokemon, Dragonite?
    388.png
    447.png
    149.png

Wait a minute.. We have a problem here.. No spin blocker. Mmm. We've gotta change that. But I don't want to completely mimic the Apocalypse team from Smogon, so I'll base this team off of hazard damage and then a quick kill with priority. Gengar's fast, but can be outsped. What usually doesn't get outsped? Shadow Sneak from Spiritomb. Not to mention great bulk and immunity to Rapid Spin.
    388.png
    447.png
    212.png
    149.png

When I say "Priority Attacker," who comes to your mind first? Scizor? Yeah, same here.
    388.png
    447.png
    212.png
    478.png
    149.png

Dragons will give me problems, especially if Dragonite's my only counter and I want to save it for last. What can kill Dragons? Ice. Donphan perhaps, for spinning, too? Naaaaaah. Too weak. Mamo gets STAB and resists both hail and sand. Coooooooooooooool.
    388.png
    447.png
    212.png
    562.png
    478.png
    149.png

Oh hey look, Hydreigon gives me hell. What hurts it? Conkeldurr. What else can Conk do? **** all over bulky waters. Sounds like a good addition to me.

Deoxys-D @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Magic Coat
    - Ice Beam

This guyyyyyyyyyy. Is there an attack it can't take? I can usually get up both Stealth Rocks and two layers of Spikes before it goes down. Or one later if I decide to Ice Beam something weak to ice, like Dragons. Magic Coat is great against other hazard layers, as well as status spreaders. I need to learn how to keep this guy alive longer, but all in all, it's a great leadmon. No Taunt, but who needs Taunt when you can just send their hazards flying back at them?

Spiritomb @ Choice Band
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Sassy (+SpD, -Spe)
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Pursuit
    - Sucker Punch
    - Trick

Mandatory spinblocker of the team. Also a great Gengar, Alakazam, and other Pokemon of that general typing counter. Shadow Sneak is packs a punch with STAB and a CB. Sucker Punch packs an even bigger punch if predicted correctly. Pursuit is more or less the same as SS, but w/o the priority if I mis-predict, and a **** ton of power if predict correctly. Trick cripples annoying walls. All in all, when I've been able to use it, Spiritomb is a beast. But alas, I suck at using it.. :(
    Scizor @ Iron Plate
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 244 HP / 96 Atk / 168 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost

Let's all be honest for a moment. Who doesn't have a Scizor on their team? This guys a beast. With a Iron Plate I can fake a CB revenger early in the game. Great for taking down Terrakion too ;) Anyways, U-Turn to scout and further enhance the CB feel. Then late game, if its still around, SD. Whhhhhaaaaat?! I thought it was banded! Roost. Whhaaaaaaat?! What is this thing? SD. Whaaaaaaaat?! What's going on?! Bullet Punch. Bullet Punch. Bullet Punch. Good game, mate. Dragonite isn't the only clean up sweeper on this team and Scizor has proved that time and time again. EV spred gives Scizor a hell of a lot of bulk, even on the special side.

Conkledurr @ Leftovers
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 SpD
    Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    - Bulk Up
    - Mach Punch
    - Stone Edge
    - Drain Punch

My Hydreigon and bulky water counter. Hydreigon doesn't stand a chance if it comes in after Conkleawesome. Even if Conk comes in second, the three headed piece of **** (Haxorus is waaaaay cooler ;)) is in for a world of pain. I almost smile when I see bulky waters switch in. Why? Because that means I can switch Conkeldurr in, Bulk Up once or twice, and then recover any lost HP through Drain Punch, all while OHKOing them. Yeah. It's awesome. People always tell me that Conkeldurr doesn't fit with the team. That'd be good advice if it weren't for the fact that Conkeldurr has swept entire teams alone, without any of my other Mons even needing to see the daylight. Yep. His position on this team is as solid as solid can be.
    Mamoswine @ Life Orb
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Crash
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

First off, his picture is too damn big >:( Don't you just hear Jimmy McMillan's voice in your head right now? hahaha. ANYWAYS. Dragon killer like no other. Great dual stab for amazing coverage. Heatran's beware. Tentacruel's beware. ALL Dragons beware. Mamoswine lives up to its name with mammoth strength. With a Life Orb, you'd be hardpressed to find something that isn't hurt for respectable damage by it.

Dragonite @ Chesto Berry
    Ability: Multiscale
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 216 Spe
    Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Rest
    - Fire Punch

Stumbled across this set by luck but I've have great success with it. It's fun to DD three times and then Rest off all the damage, remove status, and reactivate Multiscale. Troll? Yes. Strong? Yes. Walled? Only by Heatran :/ But practically every DDnite set is haha.. Sorta. Anyways, pretty self explanatory, the set it. EV spread of more general bulk. DD to boost. Dragon Claw HURTS at +3. Rest to Troll. Fire Punch for Steels and Ice.

The team's had mixed success so far. I can name Quagsire and Skarmory as extremely annoying Mons off the top of my head.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For Spiritomb, what's the point of using Sassy when its Special Defense isn't being invested? Use Adamant instead.

For Scizor isn't 248 HP/44 Atk/216 SDef a bit more efficient than your current spread?

If you don't mind my asking, why Rest over Roost on Dragonite? If Dragonite's Chesto Berry is used up and it's forced to Rest again, then it's pretty much a sitting duck.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I think that's just a random set I took from Smogon. I'll try out the Adamant nature, thanks ^^

As for Scizor and Dragonite:

Scizor was all for the bluffing. The more power I had, the it would look like a banded Scizor, which is how I typically play it against people who don't know the team. Even with the lower SDef EVs, it's still just as specially bulky as it is physically. The only thing it has to worry about is fire, for obvious reasons.

As for Dragonite, I suck at Roosting. I never got the hang of it. That and the fact that you'd have to do it more often, and I am simply terrible at the whole predicting thing. With Rest, I can see how much damage it takes, and judge the situation from there. I can usually get 3 dances up, and heal all the way back up before I go for a sweep. On occasions, I'll only get 2 but that's more than enough power. And there's the added effect of removing statuses. Just like a Lum Berry, Rest can cure status, but it also recharges Multiscale. It's like a Lum Berry and Roost all in one, which I like better since I'm very aggressive during battles haha.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    You need a mixed wall breaker maybe a mixedmoxie scarf salamence or a mixnape? Skarmory basically walls your team.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • I tried ChestoRest Nite before and it was good. You just lack a special attacker like what Kittyipawd said. I'm not sure if you could replace Conkeldurr with Infernape. You could opt for a Nasty Plot carrier or a MixApe. Conkeldurr may bring more power, but speed is almost always top priority.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Hmm.. While I like the concept of Infernape, taking Conkeldurr off would give me a new weakness to bulky water types. Which of Quagsire is already giving me problems. That means I'd need a grass attack or two.. Suggestions? I usually don't play with grass Mons at all so my knowledge on them is about as much as a newborn's :P

Back