• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need some tips D:

Luиαrglοω

Yuuko ftw 8D
Years
  • (I don't know if this is in the right forums, seems an appropriate place to me..)

I am planning on making an umbreon plushie. I've never made a plushie before, and I have to sew it by hand due to broken sewing machine. Basically all I've ever sewed before is little bags and stuff...so I guess I need some tips, like, how to get it to stand, how to do the rings etc. I already know what kind of material and stuff that I want. I just need to know the technical stuff. I was thinking of making the head be four peices, but I don't know how the legs are gonna attach to the body, and the ears to the head. ..I need help D:

Lavabyle

Merry Christmas!
    Years
  • ^ Lol everyone's silent, cus they have no idea when it comes to sewing.

Well, do you have the pieces to sew together? If so, will it be sitting down? or standing on 4 legs? As for the rings, if its by hand embroidering it would be hard to do, and a decal would be easier to use. Just cut out a ring from fine fabric and sew it on would be my bet.

Luиαrglοω

Yuuko ftw 8D
    Years
  • Don't have the money for that, sorry ;.;
    I want it standing up, but I do still want it to be somewhat plushy (huggable<3! :o) and not completely stiff, except maybe for the legs.
    I haven't got the fabic yet, cause we're snowed in and walmart is like 10 miles away, which is way too far to walk in freezing weather xD But I am done making the head and ears/tail patterns, that is unless I need to change them, and I have a good idea what fabric I'm gonna get.

Lavabyle

Merry Christmas!
    Years
  • ^ Well, there ya go xD, If that doesn't work another suggestion of mine is to put some weight in the center, anything really, and just surround it with a lot of cotton, so you wouldn't feel the weight in the middle anyway, making it plushy, yet allowing it to stand on its own =)

Luиαrglοω

Yuuko ftw 8D
    Years
  • ^ Well, there ya go xD, If that doesn't work another suggestion of mine is to put some weight in the center, anything really, and just surround it with a lot of cotton, so you wouldn't feel the weight in the middle anyway, making it plushy, yet allowing it to stand on its own =)

Good idea, I might do that...but before I can even get there, how will I attach the legs onto the body without getting those icky-looking edges? D:

Lavabyle

Merry Christmas!
    Years
  • ^I forget how its done, but there's a stitch where it hides under the fabric by curling under when you pull, rather than on the outside.....hmm....I'll be sure to tell you if i remember the name of it >.<

Back