• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Darkpokeball's New Poetry Thread

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
  • ...Somehow, the poetry section became very inactive. And I have decided to return to it by a random impulse. This is a thread in which I will post a compilation of a lot of poems. Be patient with me...I haven't written poetry in a while. Constructive Criticsm is greatly welcomed and appreciated, or even just a small post that says 'Hi, I was here and I read your poems.' Little things like that can keep me going.

The first poem:
    Your Choice
    Spoiler:

Shove

Spoiler:

(For all those wondering, in Shove, the protoganist brought a stick. With society today, I bet you guys thought he did something different. Let's get this straight: Poking a person with a stick is more effective than anything. Just thought you oughta know.)

darkpokeball

Years
  • *sigh* Why is the poetry section so inactive?
    The next batch of poems:

Aunt Marianne(aka Adventures in Castelia City)
    Spoiler:

Butterfrees in my Stomach
    Spoiler:

darkpokeball

Years
  • ...I wonder if anybody is even reading these. Anyways, I decided to read the "Poetry Guide" in the sticky part of the poetry section and pick one. In my old poetry threads, I have never done what I have decided to half-attempt. What I am half-attempting:
    THE SONNET!!! (dramatic music)
    The sonnet may be the hardest form of poetry. Given I don't have that deep of a poetry vocabulary(ex. iambic perimeter, quatrain, etc.), I picked my criteria from the brief part I did understand:
    -14 lines, 10 syllables each
    -ABAB CDCD EFEF GG rhyme scheme
    -Also, sonnets tend to have a 'philosophical idea' or message within them as the guide stated. Given that this is my first time attempting one, and that I'm only going on a half-attempt for the first try(I left out some criteria...), I will probably not have an idea too philosophical.
    A final note before I begin:
    If anyone is reading this, tell me the rest of teh criteria in simple terms so I can try a rewrite. I need feedback before a second attempt!

THE SONNET:
    Valentine's Day, hearts in a daze today
    The big dance is happening tomorrow
    For chocolates and hearts, guys have to pay
    With money spent, love is your wallets foe
    Girls desire a lovely teddy bear

Some people never get asked to the dance
    If not asked, their hearts shall suffer despair
    Boys stare at cute girls as if in a trance

Hearts are broken, relationships are born
    Cupid has a busy job, spreading love
    Girls want a new dress, one that is not worn
    Plently of matches, Cupid makes above

The day of the dance finally arrives
    Boys currently dancing with future wives

darkpokeball

Years
  • EGAD! I attempted a crazy Sonnet and nobody responded!
    I guess the poetry section is...a bit dead. :(
    Anyways, this is the final poem I'll make without a review. What's the point of writing poems if nobody can enjoy them? If I get one comment, one just 'Hey, I was here and I like your poems,' or something, I will continue. Until then, this is my final poem for this dying thread:
    Spoiler:

Back