• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How about everyone working on the same project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    I was just thinking that alot of these games never get finished which is a shame because alot of them have really good ideas and alot of hard work put into them. So how about putting together a fan game from pokecommunity as a whole, its bound to get done faster and be more productive then having a bunch of little projects running right? We could just let the mods organize everybody's jobs based on their strengths and just roll from there what do yall think?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • It wouldn't work. We've tried it before. And the games that have a load of hard work and dedication put in them are the ones that are still active.
    Teams just don't work out though, it's a shame really...

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • There's a difference between a joint game like yours (and mine) and a big team game. You can never get the same input from every person and that causes problems.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • Hm... So, Phoenix, you tried making a Team Project? It failed?
    Hm... If there was another one, I would join it...

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
    Years
  • Yeah, but that is just for one system, you could use 2 or 3 people who do the systems and stuff and the other people that work on a story, maps, grafics anything. I think that should do it. You can't really just merge to "scrips" to make one. I tried that ones:P.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • No, we were originally gonna make a game around the Battle System. That's what the team was for, we had mappers, coders, storyliners etc. We had a big team together but only a handful of us actually contributed anything.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • We started the team up during the summer last year, that was before this forum became so popular so there weren't many active members back then.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • But, maybe, if you started a team now... maybe, you can get more input?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Like I said before, we tried the team twice. The last time was only a couple of months ago, people got excited by the prospect but it just went flat pretty much immediately. People like the idea of a team so they can get some credit from a game without doing much, and hoping everybody else will do the work. But when a lot of people have that mentality...well you can work out the rest.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • Oh... Well... So, you won't make another Team Project?
    Oh well...

OFF TOPIC:
    I see your about 80 posts left till 4000 :)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I took control last time and it blew...If somebody else were to take control and actually get production rolling, I'd give them my full respect for it.

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
    Years
  • I cannot do team projects, like lots of people, they like to work on there own, with there own ideas

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • Well, Esai's got a point, I wouldn't feel good if I worked so hard to think up ideas, or make stuff, which are rejected... Well... Oh well...

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Well, that comes with being in a team. You can't expect every member to think every idea you have is awesome. In the end though, it'll lead to greater quality...if you can actually get it to work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back