• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Inquiry

Schleckenmiester

Developer
Years

PROGRAMS USED
I am using RPG maker XP with the Pokemon Essentials kit.

MAIN STORY
Pokemon Inquiry starts off like any other Pokemon game, professor rants, choose starter, beat first gym (etc.). But along the way you get a letter from your father, whom you never knew. And after that you begin your search for your father, meeting your neighbour along the way who was too shy to say hi because she was born with no legs and has prosthetic legs.

STARTERS
New starting types! Sound, Cosmic and Light types are what the three starting pokemon use!

Spoiler:

REGION
Spoiler:

Welcome to the Esmon Region!

FEATURES
-new Fakemon
-new types
-new region
-all pokemon up to gen 5
-some pokemon will have an extra stage past the second stage
NOTE: this is not the mega evolution, they get another stage from being a high enough level.
Example: Charizard > Charzare (probably not adding this specific, I just added it and thought of a random name for an example)
-mysterious new pokemon MewThree
-much more... (maybe)

DEVELOPMENT
Well I'm not sure percentage wise but so far I haven't finished the first gym yet but I'm about to get there.

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler:

CREDITS
FamilyJules7x - title screen music
Mockingjay1701 - title screen art
Deo - custom overworld shading
And more to come...

I need some fakemon art so if you want to make some that's better than mine then please follow some of the following
-must be 160x160 pixel image
-should have 2 images, one in front, one behind as shown from my Starcrow
-must be .PNG file

Please if you have any ideas I would appreciate it if you would say them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 5, 2016
Hey there! Im liking the ida for the game (though it doesnt seem quiet fleshed out yet). Tell me, do you have actual design for the new pokemon you want in the game, or do you also need help with those, regardless, i can offer some help with the spritework.
Keep it up!

Schleckenmiester

Developer
Years
Hey there! Im liking the ida for the game (though it doesnt seem quiet fleshed out yet). Tell me, do you have actual design for the new pokemon you want in the game, or do you also need help with those, regardless, i can offer some help with the spritework.
Keep it up!

I have the designs for this cosmic starter, I was just doing Pokemon fusion to get a general concept and it would really help to create some from scratch, if you would like I can email the rest of the evolutions and start working on some other starters because I haven't worked on this in a couple of weeks due to school work :P (I'm in highschool).

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 5, 2016
I sent you a private message with my email adress. Just send me whatever designs you do have so I can figure out what I can do.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I like the idea of searching for your father throughout the plot! Not quite sure the reasoning for the prosthetic legs part but I'm sure it'll become apparent!

Schleckenmiester

Developer
Years
I like the idea of searching for your father throughout the plot! Not quite sure the reasoning for the prosthetic legs part but I'm sure it'll become apparent!

I was just thinking it kinda changes up the story a bit compared to some original Pokemon games :P and also because you always start off knowing who you're rival is I was just thinking this was one way of not knowing from the very beginning, in other words, changes the story a bit compared to the original games.

Schleckenmiester

Developer
Years
Idk if anyone will see this, but for anyone who does. Should I keep working on this? I have hardly worked on it in the past months because of my lack of motivation. I can keep working on it if anyone want me to.

Back