• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My OU Team

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
My OU Team

48210.png

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 140 Atk / 216 Spd / 144 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Explosion

Yes, the new Azelf set. This set is quite simple, however, could take care of Machamp leads. Colbur Berry weakens Dark-type moves. Once Azelf is low on health, then it's time to explode.

13010.png

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

The bulky set of Gyarados. Pretty much self-explaining. However, sometimes it's risky to use Dragon Dance in case the opponent switches to a Grass or Electric Type. Must cut down on Taunt cause the opponent sometimes predicted Taunt.

45010.png

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 32 Def / 172 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I was actually thinking of using the Stockpile Hippowdon, but I find this set more interesting. Curse to up my defense while special defense stays strong. Earthquake is my main stab move and Stone Edge for flying types and levitate Pokémon.

14510.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Spd / 228 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Heat Wave

Looking at my team, I need somewhat a Special Wall. I've been thinking of adding Light Screen instead of Thunder Wave, but I went for that anyway. Thunder Wave on the switch, Thunderbolt for stab, Heat Wave for Ice and Pokémon Roost when low on HP!

39210.png

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 Spd / 252 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Perhaps the common offensive Infernape. This is actually Mixed Infernape. I rarely use HP Ice on Dragons cause I want them to think that I don't have them, and surprise them later. Less Dragons these days.

09410.png

Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 34 HP / 252 Spd / 222 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Counter
- Explosion

This is my test team, flaws and everything else may not be fixed. Hence the fact I am not to great with OU Pokémon yet.

Last edited:

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
I've barely looked at it, but right off the bat, its a horrible idea to run a sand stream pokemon and a Gengar with focus sash. I'll hopefully edit this post later with more things I notice when I have a little more time.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
No Smogon Sets! I made this up myself. I still have a problem with the EVs though. Once I'm I hit a low amount of HP, I use Explosion. I'm thinking of using a Focus Band though. Thanks for reading, tell me what you think of my OU team below!

Ok well, you're already using some Smogon sets (which you didn't make up) so I don't see why you wouldn't want people to suggest them.

Also please use Timid > Bold on Gengar, Bold is quite possibly the worst nature for it. Also Life Orb > Focus Sash, which is useless outside of lead pokemon.

Tyrant626

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Your team is rather argh(that's the closest word I could find to what I mean).

Azelf should always wear her sash. Her EV's are also wierd.

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Azelf should never try to be defensive.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Careful
252 HP/ 40 Def / 216 SpD

-Curse
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Rest

Though rest may seem undesireable, swampert becomes a more superior wall and tank than Hippowdon after one or two curses. Earthquake hits most of OU, while Avalanche gets the flyers that avoid it.

Hmm, never used Zapdos before, so I don't know how well it will do.

Infernape's okay...-ish.

Gengar should NEVER be used defenseively. His defensive stats and HP are terrible. Also, why counter and explosion, or sash? ...hmm...

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Substitute
-Pain Split

Shadow Ball and Focus Blast already have great type coverage. Substitute to avoid status, and Pain Split to shrug off life orb recoil.

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
That Azelf set is actually fine, colbur berries are pretty common now though.

I would suggest Swampert over Hippo too, Hippo just doesn't bode well for your team, especially if you have your heart set on that focus sash on Gengar.

Stone Edge vs. EQ is a personal call. Both give decent coverage so its all preference and which types you need your team to cover.

Zapdos and Infernape are both A-okay.

Back