• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Breeding problems

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Hi so I was blessed with a female torchic in my sapphire, but it doesn't want to breed with anything in its egg group (field) I have tried to breed it with a male electrike which is field also and it won't work. I'm extremely confused. Would I need 8 badges before trying to breed my starter or is my game messed up ?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    You can breed any Pokemon as soon as you reach the Day Care Center. No need to wait for eight badges!

What message do you get when you talk to the Day Care Man? Does he say that the two Pokemon don't really like each other much ("But I have to say, those two don't seem to like each other all that much.")? If he says that the two Pokemon don't like each other much, they'll still breed an egg, but it will take a while for it to happen.

Breeding works better if the two Pokemon are the same species. They'll still breed if they're different species, but as I said, it'll take longer.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Oh true thank you, I'm just getting back into the games and I thought the Pokemon absolutely had to get along to get an egg. This clears things up thank you

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    just to add to this, if you get a pokemon with the ability 'Flame body' in your party and just keep going between rusturf and mauville on your bike... if you are wanting a specific torchic, it halves the amount of steps before your pokes hatch!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    just to add to this, if you get a pokemon with the ability 'Flame body' in your party and just keep going between rusturf and mauville on your bike... if you are wanting a specific torchic, it halves the amount of steps before your pokes hatch!

Yes but please bare in mind that this only applies to Emerald. Flame Body has no effect in FR/LG/R/S.

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    Yes but please bare in mind that this only applies to Emerald. Flame Body has no effect in FR/LG/R/S.

oh no! I didn't notice this was about sapphire, sorry for the bad info :( :( you should definitely get emerald if you don't have it already ;)

Luxion

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    I thought the Pokemon absolutely had to get along to get an egg. Thanks you so much

Xrx

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    I know that the egg lay time is the shortest when the pokemon species are the same (e.g. two Oddish) and the IDs are different (different trainers). And you need the longest time if they have different species (with the same egg group) and the same IDs.

For example two Torchics with different IDs lay eggs very fast but a female Torchic and a male Electrike with the same IDs need very long time.

Back