• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The clash of the best Hoenn Water-types! Ludicolo vs Crawdaunt!!

Which one is your favourite?

• Ludicolo

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Crawdaunt

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • Well that was a title you often see in anime titles. Also, they may or may not be necessarily the best water-types out there but considering their usefulness in-game and competitively, I consider these two to be the best (not counting megas).

Which one do you prefer?

Sirfetch’d

Idk both are at the top of my list so it's hard to pick a favorite between them. Probably Ludicolo because I used it so often in Emerald that it grew on me despite having a weak movepool.

Years
  • Ludicolo; its typing suits it very well. In this generation, Crawdaunt was sadly on the short end of the stick due to not being able to make great use of its STABs. Ludicolo was good for the myriad of other Water-types present.

Years
  • I voted for Ludicolo. I like its theme better and it has a much better and more unique type combination than Crawdaunt, and back in 3rd Gen it was actually able to abuse its STAB moves well due to its decently good special stats.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I agree with Sven for one haha
    But for the 2 given id say its Ludicolo i never liked crawdaunt that much and i like its typing slot better as well plus its like the only good water and grasss type haha. Plus only 3 weaknesses and its cheery face lol

PerihelionProductions

Pokémon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • Ludicolo is huge in terms of usability in rain--a big plus for it. Also being part grass type in a generation with tons of water and rock was something going for it as well.

Also it's just an incredible dancer.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Both are great Water-types, but Crawdaunt wins it for me. I like the Water/Dark combination, it looks intimidating and it's pretty decent competitively too.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I don't really have a preference for one of the two, I like them equally. As this is for Gen III, I'll be voting Ludicolo, because Crawdaunt isn't really of a good use in here, because it cannot decently make use of its STAB moves, having a lot more attack than special attack.

Back