• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Pok?mon Mystery Dungeon: The Three Fated Heroes

SleepyGoron

Pokétuber
Years
  • Hi, all. This is my fanfic, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: The Three Fated Heroes. I started writing this story in June 2015, and now I have about 60k words and 25 chapters written (and counting).
    I'll update the story here every few days I guess? I'm new to writing forums and normally just use fanfiction.net, but I'll give this a try and see how things go. Now, let's dive into this adventure!

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: The Three Fated Heroes

Fan Fiction by SleepyGoron

Part 1- The Three FatedHeroes and the Rise of Darkness
    Testament
    The world of Pokémon in which this tale is set, where the inhabitants live without bossy human trainers or being held captive inside capsule-like red and white balls,has been around long since the beginning of creation. When the Great Arceus created this world, he also created Dungeons, which some Pokémon then grew toinhabit. These dungeons are said to change every time you enter or exit, and are also said to be home to some very vicious and powerful Pokémon. Other Pokémon explore these dungeons in search of riches and treasure.
    This is a story of three heroes of Prophecy, who saved the world of Pokémon from annihilation on one occasion. One was of the Grass Type, one of Fire Type, and one of Water Type. These three heroes and their group of allies worked together in order to protect the world and keep the peace.
    But first, before we begin the story, explanations are in order. A dark evil was spreading across the world in the time in which this tale is set. No-one knew why, but civilised Pokémon who lived in towns instead of dungeons started to go feral,some hurting, even killing their own brethren. It was a dark time. The mythical powers of Arceus and the other Protectors of the world seemed to be powerless against the growing threat of the evil uprising. There were even talks that the Pokémon were being controlled by a leader. However, there was no proof of this, and no-one had any clues as to who it could be. But, prophets, who were mainly Psychic-Types, started telling of the rise of three mysterious heroes in the coming future, who would restore the world to its former peace and prosperity. All the fearful Pokémon of the world could do was hope and pray for these heroes to arrive…
    -Excerpt from the Lost Texts of the Pokémon World

Last edited by a moderator:

Bay

Years
  • Hi! I want to first quickly mentioned I merged both of your posts together as your first post wasn't either a chapter index or part of your story. Having a prologue like you have there is fine in your first post and then the first chapter next post. Just letting you know!

A quick couple other things:

When the Great Arceus created this world, he also created Dungeons, which some Pokémon then grew toinhabit.

"to inhabit", I think.

One suggestion concerning posting in forums is to double space whenever you have a new paragraph to make your story more noticeable. For instance:

The world of Pokémon in which this tale is set, where the inhabitants live without bossy human trainers or being held captive inside capsule-like red and white balls,has been around long since the beginning of creation. When the Great Arceus created this world, he also created Dungeons, which some Pokémon then grew toinhabit. These dungeons are said to change every time you enter or exit, and are also said to be home to some very vicious and powerful Pokémon. Other Pokémon explore these dungeons in search of riches and treasure.
    This is a story of three heroes of Prophecy, who saved the world of Pokémon from annihilation on one occasion. One was of the Grass Type, one of Fire Type, and one of Water Type. These three heroes and their group of allies worked together in order to protect the world and keep the peace.

You would separate like this:

See how that's easier to read?

Since this is only a prologue, I can't say much more of the story at this point. It does have potential, though, and since you've been working on it for a while now, I'm sure it'll be cool nonetheless. If I get the chance I might be able to check out more of it soon!

SleepyGoron

Pokétuber
    Years
  • Prologue
    Arceus looked down upon the world he had created from the Hall of Light, the Dungeon he resided at the top of, which was guarded by extremely powerful Pokémon to stop any intruders from getting to Arceus. Being a world-creating God-like creature didn't make you any less needing of a little home security.

"Such disarray my world has fallen into," he remarked, a worried look on his normally-unreadable face. He couldn't believe that the Pokémon were slaughtering one another. His own children,so to speak. It made him angry as he watched two Kecleon brothers, who ran chains of shops across many different towns, scratched each other to death,with the purple bipedal creature slashing his green counterpart to shreds. While this happened, a young green and brown Pokémon slept in a house on the edge of town, as did many other villagers.

What had this world come to? Arceus sighed. Then he remembered the Prophecy that so many Poké-Prophets were spreading around. There was still hope for this little world of his. A cycle of events that could change this world from wrong to rightwould hopefully soon come into play. The Three Heroes would soon assemble and save the beautiful, picturesque world that Arceus created many eons ago. Arceus just had to have hope.

"Lord Arceus, I presume?" a singsong voice broke the silence in the Hall of Light,causing even the World Creator to jump with a start.

A black Pokémon with a red and white face was standing there on two legs. It then shifted into a legless, ghost like form.

"Wh-Who are you? I don't remember creating you!"

The Pokémon grinned at this remark. "Of course you don't. I suppose introductions are in order, then? I am Darkrai, the Pokémon of Nightmares. I was created by the darkest side of one of your precious subjects. And now, I am here to dethrone you and create a World of Nightmares! My legion of followers will soon expand to include every Pokémon in this world!"

"D-Darkrai…Are you the one behind all this?!" Panic rose in Arceus' mind. He had never thought of the darkness within his creations that manifested in this Pokémon.Which Pokémon was he created from?

"Right you are, 'my lord'. Now tell me, what exactly does it take to kill a God?"

Arceus' panic subsided, realising that he needed to stay calm, and he gave a mocking laugh at the thought of being killed by this creature that seemed to be all talk. Even the perfect being had a cocky streak. He also hadn't considered how this creature had gotten through his security.

"If you had any form of intellect, fool, you would know that I am an Immortal being and cannot be killed."

Darkrai replied in a mocking tone, "Well aren't we just the most special being in this whole damned world? If I can't kill you, then I know just what I will do with you."

Arceus readied himself to fight against Darkrai, but was powerless towards the evil being's first move. A ray of black energy was fired at Arceus from Darkrai's outstretched hands, the outstanding force of which knocked the Creator to the ground. Darkrai laughed. Arceus the Creator had been felled by some malevolent being who seemed to confident with his own power. He looked over to see the Plates on an altar to the right side of the room, which were stone slabs which could change his type. He wished he had been quick enough to get the Fist Plate to become a Fighting type and fight back, but he knew somewhere deep down that even that would be futile. This Pokémon was powerful, and had taken him bys urprise somehow. Arceus knew that to try and fight would be a useless waste of energy.

"You… What's your game? And also, what was that attack just now?"

"That, Creator, is none of your business. The Age of Arceus has come to an end on this fated night that I have waited a very long time for. Now, become trapped in an eternal nightmare!"

"What do you think you're… Doing?"

Arceus trailed off as his eyes grew heavy under Darkrai's powerful Hypnosis. He tried to fight it, but even the Creator was no match for this kind of dark force. Something was negating his power, sucking it away from him. He could feel his energy being siphoned off.

As Arceus' eyes forced themselves shut and his consciousness began to fade before he could stand up again, the desperate thought of the three heroes and the Prophecy came to him once again.

Please…Save us… All…

Last edited:
    Back