• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello. I am trying to kick off a fan-group in Montana

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2016
Ambitious, I know, but I once I get the cows gaming, I am optimistic about our growth potential.

It's called Montana Pokemon League and is based out of the largest city in Montana; Billings, population 120,xxx ish.
More of a large town than even a small city, I know.... Used to live in SoCal, which is pretty much one super city, as well as Columbus Ohio, so I know what a CITY actually is. I like it here well enough though. Just hoping gigabyte internet eventually makes its way out here.

I am 24 right now. Started my Pokemon career with Blue. Got a copy of it, and an old-as-hell original Gameboy from my aunt and uncle, who had just bought my cousin a new Gameboy Color and Yellow.
That's right. I started off used. I was broke.
I've played every generation since (haven't FINISHED every generation since) and intend to keep it going, especially with GO coming out sometime this year.
I also love Star Wars, but that's just a random bit of information rather than an aside for me to start ranting. I could go for days, once set off....

Love you! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
I've never played Pokémon Blue before lol... I started off with Pokémon Yellow and a GameBoy Color. I forgot what color it is though. I actually still have it. Anyway... Hello there and welcome to PC. I hope you have a great time here. If you're ever looking for someone to talk to about Pokémon or anything else I'll be around and about. Have a good day and see you around. Oh and before I forget... You can call me either Kaiyu or Kyo. I'm fine with either name.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Hey welcome to the site. I've never been to Billings MO, but I have been to Columbus and live by Cincinnatti and I agree that those are definitely cities! They're are so manyp eople and jsut so much to do around there; I would like to go to SoCal one day tho. :o

Anyways, nice to meet you I wish you the best of luck with your Pokemon League! I've never been to a Pokemon tournament irl, but I do like to be in Pokemon tournaments online. I jsut love the ocmpetitive aspects of the game! The Battling & Team Building section on here is pretty active. There' s a Pokemon League going on there at the moment and our PS server has a weekly ladder battle as well. Anyways, welcome if you'd ever like to chat about Pokemon, games, life or anything else feel free to hit me up with a mesage. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2016

Billings, MT, actually. Not Missouri. Or Russia.
Yes, there is a Billings Russia.
:P

I'll give them a look. Truth, I tend to not be super into the competitive aspect either, but that's part of what this group is for. To get people involved for a lot of things. Battling, trading, meeting new people....
My overall plan is to have an 'Elite Four' for the group. Not just the strongest in the area, but also those who are capable admin. Kind of has to be a balance, you know? Would forgo the Gym system, and substitute a points tourney instead. That way, everyone can keep playing rather than being eliminated in the first round and being SOL.

But yeah, that's a ways away. And very likely going to focus almost solely on Pokemon GO. We'll support the handhelds too, but I think everyone's main focus is going to be GO for quite some time.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Yeah, I mixed up the abbreviations on accident. Very cool though, I can't wait to see more info. about Pokemon Go myself. Maybe it'll revolutionize the series, maybe it will be a flop. I hope it's not the latter.

Years
Oh wow, I would have thought that there'd be a decent amount of fans in the more larger cities up there in the mountains of Montana. :o Either way, it's great to have you here on PC and it's a pleasure to meet you as well ^^

Is there anything about the series you're into the most, such as specific gaming mechanics, the games in general, or even the anime? We have discussions on all of these areas relevant to Pok&#0233mon, so be sure to check the forums out if you haven't already done so!

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask any staff around as we'd be more than glad to help out for sure! Feel free to leave me a visitor message as well if you ever wanna chat or just say hi!

Hope to see you around~ have a good day as well!

Years
Optimism is the first step to success. ;p Much luck to you! Seems like a cool plan and it makes me happy seeing Pokémon fans get so involved within their communities. Welcome to PC as well, Marak. n~n

Yeah many of us started with R/B here since PC's memberbase is filled with a lot of older players so you're sure to settle in nicely. Go is looking promising and you can always discuss the game with us in our Pokémon Gaming Central forum so don't forget to stop by.

Looking forward to having you! Enjoy your time here.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

Ah, cool to follow your dreams; I'm sure that all will be well for you guys! And welcome to the forums! I'm Dragon! I'm from Toronto, Canada myself, so, it's pretty cool meeting more people from across the world!~

I first played Yellow as a kid, moving up to the Pokemon series up to today! And aha, it's okay; I believe some of my first pokemon games were used too; at least, I remember they were from a small video game store. Hopefully GO proves to be fun!

But yeah, I'm free to chat with anytime! Feel free to message me via PMs or VMs and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Have a nice time, and an enjoyable day! ^ᆺ^

Back