• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please rate this OU/UU team [untested]

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    Due to my other thread being real quiet, I decided to post my untested team to be. Now, this is by no means finished, so please take that into consideration when rating and suggesting improvements.

i. First Glance:

392.gif
    130.gif
    121.gif
    143.gif
    208.gif
    232.gif

ii. In Depth Look:

392.gif

Infernape @ Focus Sash
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Blaze
    EV Spread: 64atk / 252spa / 192spe
    IVs Required: n/a

Moves:
    Stealth Rock
    Fake Out
    Fire Blast
    Close Combat

This set has been changed. I originally ran a suicide lead Infernape, but after testing found out it didn't work. Changes in bold.

130.gif

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Intimidate
    EV Spread: 252atk / 4def / 252spe

Moves:
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake

Standard Dragon Dance set. I use Gyarados as my physical sweeper.

121.gif

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EV Spread: 252spe / 252spa / 4spdef

Moves:
    Hydro Pump
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Recover

I use Starmie as my special sweeper. I opted for Hydro Pump over Surf for more one-hit kills (even though I prefer accuracy). Thunderbolt over Thunder for reliability. Same goes for Ice Beam over Blizzard. Recover is an option if needed.

143.gif

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EV Spread: 252atk / 4def / 252spdef

Moves:
    Body Slam
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Self Destruct

Snorlax is my special wall that isn't afraid to attack. Body Slam for STAB, Crunch and Earthquake for coverage and Self Destruct when Snorlax has low hp. Switch in on special attacks.

208.gif

Steelix @ Leftovers
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Sturdy
    EV Spread: 252hp / 4atk / 252spdef
    IVs Required: 0spe

Moves:
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Gyro Ball
    Roar

Generally used as a switch in after Snorlax destructs. Also used to cripple with Stealth Rock - Roar combo. 0spe IVs so that Steelix can take full advantage of Gyro Ball (as well as STAB). Earthquake for STAB also.

232.gif

Donphan @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EV Spread: 252hp / 252atk / 4spe

Moves:
    Rapid Spin
    Earthquake
    Assurance
    Ice Shard

Generally used to clear hazards. Can be used as a sweeper late game.

iii. Conclusion:

Well, there we go. I am willing to change any Pokemon in this team. As I said earlier, this is by no means complete. Quite happy with Suicide Infernape though. xD. Still if you guys think he needs changing in any way just say so.

Last edited:

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Wait, am I reading this right?
    About your lead Infernape.
    Let's say your opponent starts off with a Hippowdon. You use Infernape.
    You set up SR, your opponent goes for EQ, leaving you with 1 HP.
    You use Endeavor, but won't the opponent KO you with another EQ?
    You will die before you can use Vacuum Wave, right? lol

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    143.gif

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EV Spread: 252atk / 4def / 252spdef

Moves:
    Body Slam
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Self Destruct

Snorlax is my special wall that isn't afraid to attack. Body Slam for STAB, Crunch and Earthquake for coverage and Self Destruct when Snorlax has low hp. Switch in on special attacks.

I totally love how you set this whole RMT up! Very classy and easy to read.

This barely qualifies as a rate. Just something to consider.
    Changes in bold:
    143.gif

Snorlax @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    Thick Fat
    252atk / 4def / 252spdef
    -Body Slam
    -Crunch / Pursuit
    -Earthquake / Focus Punch
    -Self Destruct

Snorlax has a good move pool and a good Attack stat, making it a decent candidate for the Choice Band. Body Slam is a good choice. I'm sure you know, Return is also a good STAB attack. Depending on how the battle is going, Pursuit may be a good option for when they switch out for those Special Walls. Love Self Destruct. So good on Snorlax with it's base power doubled and STAB and what not. Totally good choice. ;) Focus Punch may be a good replacement for EQ just because you can do some damage to Skarmory / Steel / Rock types.

Now, I ripped this right off the internet, but you mentioned "not afraid to attack," so maybe you'd want to check this out:

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Careful [+Sp.Defense; -Sp.Attack]
    Thick Fat
    252 Sp. Defense / 140 HP / 116 Defense
    -Body Slam
    -Crunch
    -Curse
    -Rest
    The main problem I see with this set are hazers and fast Fighting type opponents. But who knows? Maybe it would work for you. There's certainly sweeping potential to be had.

I wish I had more to say, but I rather like your team.
    You did a good job!
    Anyway, that's it for me.
    Good luck!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Uh, why 2 Stealth Rock users?

I don't think Steelix is good enough for phazing, so I think Dragonite is a good replacement, since it can still phaze with Dragon Tail while annoying the opponent:
    -Substitute
    -Thunder Wave
    -Roost
    -Dragon Tail
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Multiscale

To take advantage of an opponent's sandstorm, Excadrill can be used in Donphan's place (it can still Rapid Spin and hits harder than Donphan would):
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Rapid Spin
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Air Balloon
    Ability: Sand Rush

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    @solarowl Vacuum Wave has priority over EQ. Which means Vacuum Wave will hit first meaning KO. And besides The main purpose of Infernape is to set up Stealth Rock then Endeavor anyway. Also, lead Hippowdon is slower than a lead Infernape which means Stealth Rock strikes first followed by EQ which means its my turn again to use Vacuum Wave.

@Alexial357 Thanks! I'm not too keen on Choice Band Snorlax. I may consider CurseLax as I have used one before. Just thought I'd try something new.

@PlatinumDude I really should have made this clear in my first post. This team is IV Gen. I guess you could consider Steelix as a phazer but the main reason Steelix is in my team is so that he can take hits from physical attackers. It also acts as a special wall after Snorlax has been KOed. However, what you said about Dragonite (and Steelix) is a valid point and it is something I will have to consider. Thanks for the post and the suggestions.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • The lead playout doesn't work, as solar said. It would happen like this.

You sent out Infernape!
    Your opponent sent out Hippowdon!
    Infernape used Stealth Rock!
    Hippowdown used Earthquake!

Infernape held on using its Focus Sash.

Infernape used Endeavor! (Hippo is now at 1 HP)
    Hippowdon used Earthquake!
    Infernape fainted.

Now if he started off with Stealth Rock as well, then it would work, but you can't always guarantee that. :x

Also, is this Gen 4? I take it it is. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    @.Aero That's kinda what I hope for. XD. Cause usually when I play, leads always set up SR or Spikes. So there is a lot of luck involved.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Endeavor will NEVER work against slower leads, even if they used SR or something.
    Infernape used Stealth Rock
    Hippowdon used Stealth Rock

Infernape used Endeavor - It won't do any damage
    Hippowdon used Earthquake
    Infernape held on using its Focus Sash.

Infernape used Endeavor - brings Hippowdon to 1
    Hippowdon used EQ
    and you get youself a dead Ape.
    and besides, Ape would die/breaks its Focus Sash from Sandstorm damage.

I don't see Endeavor working at all.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Going with what the others said, your Infernape set might need some tweaking:
    -Fake Out
    -Stealth Rock
    -Fire Blast/Overheat
    -Close Combat
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 64 Atk/252 SAtk/192 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash

This way, in the case Infernape is up against a suicide lead, it can use Fake Out to break its Focus Sash, then proceed to SR, assuming the lead doesn't carry Taunt.

flamehaze94

Jeste!
    Years
  • I'm not sure where the second Earthquake's coming from since Infernape will already be dead. The best advice I can give for this team is, to test it? I'm not sure where you're going with the theorymoning, but if you play with it a bit there'll be no need for us to point out things you can catch yourself, like the inability to hurt Ferrothorn, right?

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    OK. I've tested the team and must agree with all of you regarding Infernape's set. It doesn't quite work regardless of whether SR is used against me or not. The only I see it working is if a faster lead hits me with SR then I use SR. Afterwards, I predict EQ and select Endeavor. Infernape holds on using Focus Sash, Endeavor hits allowing me to select Vacuum Wave next turn.

I think I will change Infernape set to the one PlatinumDude recommended and give it another test. BTW, thanks for the feedback everyone.

Back