• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Kanto vs. Hoenn Poll #2 - Starter Trio!

Which Trio?

• Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Charmander

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mudkip, Treecko, Torchic

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • I prefer the Kanto starters, but mainly because I really can't stand Blaziken or Swampert. I also hate Mudkip jokes. I don't like Charizard either, but Venusaur and Blastoise are cool.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • This is a hard one. I love all three Kanto starters equally but Swampert is one of my most favorite Pokemon.

Design-wise, both sets has very unique and well-thought designs. Even their Megas are awesome. Charizard especially exudes the air of a terrifying fire breathing lizard. Swampert is just bulky.

Power-wise, we know that the Hoenn trio has more between them, with M-Blaziken dotting the trio.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I gotta go with Kanto. My first Pokemon was Bulbasaur. My favorite type is Poison. Bulbasaur is a Poison type and the only starter line to have Poison as a secondary type. Also, I hate Hoenn for several reasons. No, I don't want a Mudkip, and the Torchic line gave us the start of three bland Fire/Fighting types, oh joy.

Years
  • While I didn't get to vote, I think i'll give my pick to the Hoenn starters in terms of designs. And for usability, to me Bulbasaur > Treecko, Torchic > Charmander, and Mudkip > Squirtle. The former has the Poison-type which gives it a couple more resistances and has better Defenses, while I prefer Blaziken's Fighting-type to Charizard's Flying-type, and Swampert surely wins out against Blastoise despite lower Defenses and the Ground-typing giving it more Grass weak. I'd just rather use that anyway.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I like using hoenn starters the most because of the typings. They just get a lot more done than the Kanto starters. Except for Treeko that is. Treeko is garbage.

Back