• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teamwork, that's what team are for!

Years
  • This team's Pokémon is built on each other, as they have really good synergy when played correctly. After all, teamwork is what team is for, right?

Mienshao (M) @ Life Orb
    Traits: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Fake Out
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - U-turn
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    Mienshao is one of the powerful Fighting type introduced in this gen. The combination of Fake Out, U-turn, Life Orb, Regenerator and great Speed is only held by Mienshao. Hi Jump Kick is obligatory STAB and extremely powerful, but I would prefer Close Combat if he learns it. HP [Ice] to break through annoying foe as Landorus, which is OHKOed after Fake Out (the offensive variant) and 2HKO Gliscor if he doesn't get two Protect in a row. Also this is the only weapon against Bulk Up Breelom.

Volcarona (M) @ Chesto Berry
    Traits: Flame Body
    EVs: 156 HP / 240 SAtk / 112 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Quiver Dance
    - Flamethrower
    - Bug Buzz
    - Rest
    ChestoRest for Volcarona. Its EVs spread is a little different from Smogon set. I add a little speed to outspeed certain threat such as DDance Scrafty. Flamethrower is use for both damage and reliability, as its PP is high and 100 accuracy, Bug Buzz for dual STAB, but he oftens have prob again Flash Fire fire type.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
    Traits: MultiScale
    EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Brick Break
    - Roost
    Dragonite bulky Dragon Dance set. Its bulk allow him to take hit well, and reactivate Multiscale by Roost. 

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    Traits: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin 
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Shard
    Because of Volcarona, Stealth Rock has to be kept away from my team. Donphan do a great job, since he has huge def and rapid spin. If without spikes and get hit, Donphan will regain max health and regain Sturdy. Ice Shard to deal some damage before die.

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Traits: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Pursuit
    - Earthquake
    - Meteor Mash
    - Bullet Punch
    As you can see, my team has big prob with Ghost-type, and Chandelure pose a threat to both Mienshao and Volcarona. Metagross can comfortably OHKO Chandelure with Pursuit after Stealth Rock, even if it doesn't switch. Its Bullet Punch almost as hurt as Scizor's, while Meteor Mash hit any thing hard and having chance to raise his montrous Atk to terryfying level.

Latias (F) @ Light Clay
    Traits: Leviate
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Reflect
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Dragon Pulse
    Not just ghost-type, I also have prob with Fire type. Latias can tank any Fire or Water special based atk throw at it. Reflect, Calm Mind, Recover make it a mixed wall, while Dragon Pulse has good coverage and still do some amazing damage, as Calm Mind also boost her offensive stat.

My team still have some fault, though. If one key member like Donphan got KO before fulfilled its job is not good. Rate n fix my team!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For Dragonite, use Earthquake or Fire Punch over Brick Break. Fire Punch does more to Ferrothorn (at the cost of being damaged by Iron Barbs), Skarmory and Forretress, while EQ does more to Heatran.

While Donphan is a pretty decent Rapid Spinner, it shares a Water weakness with Volcarona. Starmie can cover that weakness pretty well, despite having less bulk, but that can be made up for with Recover:
    -Rapid Spin
    -Surf/Hydro Pump
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam/Recover
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure

It looks to me that you're using physically defensive CM Latias. While Latias is fast in its own right, a more defensive spread is suited for that set: 252 HP/228 Def/32 Spe with a Bold nature. Change Light Clay to Lefties; Light Clay is better suited to Dual Screeners.

Back