• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo WFC team - Hit 'em Hard

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2011
    I only get three pokes on Nintendo WFC, so anything you guys can recommend would be super helpful.

Hydreigon
    @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Surf

My lead and a coverage machine.

Conkeldurr
    @ Leftovers
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 120 Hp / 252 Atk / 108 SpDef / 28 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Drain Punch
    - Payback
    - Bulk Up
    - Mach Punch

The only thing on my team capable of taking a hit. Normally this would bug me, but in a three versus three space I figure hitting hard and fast makes more sense.

Blaziken
    @ Life Orb
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Protect
    - Flare Blitz
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Shadow Claw

Boy is it great having friends in Japan! This guy has brought down entire teams. First round to protect and speed boost, round two to do some harm. I was running one of these with Swords Dance instead of Protect before, but that required having something with encore so that I could set up, which is why Blaziken now carries the Life Orb. HJK and FB are obvious choices, and I find that Shadow Claw is great for those Starmies and Jellicents.

--

So what do you guys think? Any specific changes I should make? I am sort of worried about psychics, though I've never had a problem taking down Alakazam. I'd also consider an entirely different team (it would be fun to vary my play from time to time).

Years
  • I would use the Swords Dance over Shadow Claw. The thing is, after a single Swords Dance, both of your stab attacks even while resisted will do more than a neutral Shadow Claw.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2011
    Just swap SD in for SC? My gut says that if I were to do that, I should also mess my items around to prolong Blaziken's life - it's extremely rare that I get a chance to set up anything given how fast these matches go.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2011
    You could use leftovers to abuse protect more. But if item clause is in effect, then I dunno. I always like Lum Berry on set up sweepers.

Item clause is most definitely in effect on WFC matches. The other thing is that things like status effects, entry hazards, etc aren't really pervasive, so I don't know if Lum is necessary.

Basically the problem is that Nintendo needs get on letting me play online battles with teams of six.

Back