• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black Kyurem or White Kyurem?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    I liked Black Kyurem more then White Kyurem due to its design and the fact that it looked the stronger of the two of them? Who was your favorite of the two PC?

Years
  • I am a bigger fan of White Kyurem, since fire has always been my favorite type, and he looks really epic with those tube thingies on his tail connecting to his back. Black Kyurem looks a little too hunched over.

Years
  • I feel like this could do with a poll, my two cents here.

Anyhow, I love both designs equally but if I have to choose I slightly like Black Kyurem better because I think the blue lightning is more of a badass look compared to the red flames. Also, I kinda liked Black's animated sprite better.

Years
  • White Kyurem does look a bit better overall even if I do highly prefer Zekrom over Reshiram. It just looks a lot more elegant and doesn't have such weird limbs and face.. feels like I've been all over the place lately with these two, though. ;( Used to prefer Black Kyurem out of Zekrom bias but now I realize it ultimately doesn't look as good as I led myself to believe. Go White Kyurem!

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Kyurem-W does look slightly better, but I'll go with B because I have a lot of experience with it in competitive play. It's also the only OU with 700BST ;)

Years
  • I dislike both. I dislike White more because Reshiram is one of my favorite legendary pokemon and looks a hot mess instead of regal and refined.
    If the goal was these forms to look chaotic, that has been achieved, but chaotic doesn't necessarily need to look poorly-executed.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Kyurem Black for me, because Kyurem with blue thunder always look better for me. Not to mention the awesome-looking design that makes me like it a lot.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • I'm a fan of black so i definitely gonna choose Black Kyurem. Besides it's design, the gray and light blue really fits with black. Love it! 8)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm not really a fan of Kyurem in general, but I was never a fan of Reshiram. So, I guess I like Black Kyruem better simply because it has parts of Zekrom in it.

Sirfetch’d

Not a huge fan of the fusions but White Kyurem is very very powerful and quite fun to use. I've used it quite a bit in game as well on a few of my Uber teams :^)

Years
  • I am a big fan of kyu-b.He is so amazing from competitive point of view as well.And lastly it is not an uber.I might like kyu-w but only in ubers scenario

Years
  • They're both really well designed though, and surprisingly well restrained complexity wise when you really think about the two pokemon that make up each.

I agree, the designs may be a bit much but at the same time the designs compliment each other with Black's more badass and tough-looking approach and White's heavily majestic look. White's the better one competitively because its moves take advantage of its stats better but Black has its uses as a strong attacker as well, so both formes do at least have something going for them.

I also love those tubes that connect to their body from their tails, which is the source of their powers. I loved how the sprites showed that lighting up as well.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'll go with Black Kyurem. It has a much cooler design of the two, IMO. In general I tend to prefer Zekrom over Reshiram, but I like Black Kyurem over either of them ^^; The fusion with Reshiram just doesn't work, imo :c Something about it just looks awkward to me, can't quite put my finger on it. Zekrom on the other hand, appears to fuse with Kyurem flawlessly!

In terms of competitive usage, White Kyurem is pretty easily the better of the two, but he's Ubers, and doesn't do that well within that tier compared to other Pokes. Black Kyurem on the other hand is great in OU :D

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Just basing my preferences off aesthetics, since both are equally crossed out stats-wise.

Black Kyurem has a better design for me. Zekrom's metallic structure really complements the jagged ice body of Kyurem, plus the tail turbine looks rigid and harsh and reinforces that comet aesthetic Kyurem has going on. The soft fur-like coating of Reshiram just isn't compatible with Kyurem's physique and it's not giving me 'burning comet' either.

Years
  • Black Kyurem. It carries a more aggressive, menacing look in comparison to White; and like Zekrom, it's combination color of black with glowing blue veins is pretty awesome. Several posters before me have already said this, but I agree that White Kyurem simply looks like Kyurem with an awkward Reshiram fusion slapped onto it.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I dislike both, that cutscene can be traumatizing. I wasn't really prepare to watch that abofusion. Lol I had to look away at that particular scene when replaying B2W2! {XD}

I'm not a fan of their designs as well.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I dont really like them in a way i disagree with the concept of it although if they were introduce zekrom reshiram and kyurem fusing into the pokemon they were meant to be thatd be interesting.

Years
  • I dislike both, that cutscene can be traumatizing. I wasn't really prepare to watch that abofusion. Lol I had to look away at that particular scene when replaying B2W2! {XD}

I'm not a fan of their designs as well.

While I love the designs of both, I do have to admit that Absofusion cutscene really freaked me out when I first played the game. It was just so sad to see Reshiram and Zekrom get captured and then forced into Kyurem's body like that.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • While I do like them both, i'm going with White Kyurem. I like the white and fiery design to it more than the black and electric one of its counterpart. Not to mention that Draco Meteor it can fire off...

Back