• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mystery Dungeon Starters

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 22, 2017
Which Pokemon would you like to see as starters in future Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games?
Personally, I'd like to see Bergmite, or perhaps Amaura. I don't remember any ice type starters in the other games.

Edit: just ignore that broken hyperlink that may or may not show up for you. I have no idea how that got there.

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
I want Eevee back and not female exclusive.

Completely new, though, I'd like to see Zoura, Pidgey (or a different bird), and maybe Dratini.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Going by other peoples suggestions I think Amaura, Deerling and Zorua are excellent picks! I think Mienfoo might pop up at some stage, Sneasel and Phanpy would be my other choices!

Years
Please bring Eevee and Skitty back. The former especially is such a fan favorite and may as well be the second mascot of Pokemon with how many times it's been featured and how many different types it can evolve into.. and Skitty is just too cute. Also Zorua. Espurr would be super fun to play as too. /stares straight into others' souls

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
they need to bring back Vulpix, Cubone and Machop ;-; i miss them from my various playthroughs... As for new ones, Zorua and Starly would be nice.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
As others have said, I would love to see Eevee come back so I can get an Umbreon in the future :3

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
In my opinion starter Pokémon must be Pokémon that can be evolved easily, so not a ridiculously high level or a requirement of IQ or an item. I'd love to play a game as a Houndour.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
In my opinion starter Pokémon must be Pokémon that can be evolved easily, so not a ridiculously high level or a requirement of IQ or an item. I'd love to play a game as a Houndour.

I don't think that matters, though, because they can't evolve anyway until the postgame.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I want to see Totodile and Houndour. I used to use Totodile a lot in the old games and Houndour would just be awesome. Houndour is one of my favorite Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Someone already said it, but please bring in Zorua! I'd love to play as one. Or anything Ice type. I'd like to be an Ice type too. Maybe Snorut? That would be cool because of the gender-based evolutions.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
A Gothita would be absolutely cute to play as in a Mystery Dungeon game. Think about it.

That would be wonderful! Now just imagine if you could have Gothita + Shadow Tag. You'd be unstoppable. Or in a lot of trouble.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
well the only starter that ever got me really excited was vulpix. when I think about it I feel like I would love to be a staryu... tbh i don't even remember seeing one in the mystery dungeon games I played hmm

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
A Jigglypuff and Emolga would be a awesome starter, they are so cute and adorable ahaha.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
These Pokémon would be fun to use as starters:
Tyrunt, Snorunt, Eevee, Ralts, Amaura, Gible, Bagon, Deino, Cleffa/Clefairy, Budew, Azurill/Marill, Teddiursa, Phanpy, Zorua, Dedenne, Emolga, Duskull, Togepi, Snubull, Cottonee, Spheal, Litwick, Darumaka, Mienfoo, Pancham, Scraggy and more! Haha, I'm greedy! x'D

Years
Venipede? :D

But aside from that, maybe pseudo-legends like Dratini or (as mentioned) Gible, or maybe even Goomy. I think Pancham would make a cool starter as well.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Eevee would be great to bring back. Part of me also wants Togetic to be a starter but it isn't a base form Pokemon (then again, neither is Pikachu and it's a starter, but I guess that's an obvious exception given Pikachu's status), but I'd want it regardless because Togekiss would be adorable to play as.

Clefairy would also be a rather ok choice for some who are more keen into the cuteness factor, and there's also Phanphy, though I think Phanphy was a starter (or at least a partner??) in previous MD games? Would be nice to have it brought back...

It's more than cuteness factor! I mean isn't it surprising that we have no Fairy-type Pokémon as our starter/partner? o_O They are Gen VI's big thing, so it's really surprising that they aren't highlighted.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
It really would be nice to have a Fairy-type starter for a change, but eh. :\ Other than Togetic and Clefairy, it's hard to imagine others that would really "fit" as starter-esque Pokemon in PMD games. Floette seems a bit too far-fetched, and it'd be rather awkward starting with Swirlix..

You mean to say Flabébé, not Floette, right? Why Floette not the pre-evolution form? Flabébé isn't a baby Pokémon. :o
Ralts or Marill would be good too. But the other Fairies are just... forget about it.

Back