• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] The Neko Has Returned.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
Years
  • Oh man, it's been so, so long since I've been on here! I remember back in middle/high school I spent all my free time on here, sharing Oekaki art and posting in every roleplay I could possibly do. I'm sure almost, if not everyone I've had as a friend on here in the past, have all probable moved on.. But what's to say I can't make new friends, hm? :)

Anyway, enough talk! Here is some of my art I've recently done:

snow_fall_by_littleneko64-d8bjzwq.jpg

the_fear_of_change_by_littleneko64-d8aikz0.jpg

pikachusurf_by_littleneko64-d832u6n.jpg

Aaaand, some non-Pokemon for the hell'uv it!

sunset_by_littleneko64-d8a7a8e.jpg

mittens__n_miles_by_littleneko64-d8917mk.jpg

((And before anyone asks, I know it's against the rules to post DA links and I will take them down as soon as I figure out how to display my images correctly... <.< I've also already discussed this with Fairy))

Enjoy! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I fixed the images! I have no idea why they weren't working though. You were doing everything correctly, it just seemed like the forum wasn't reading your links or something. All I did was re-insert the pics with the tags and they showed for me.

If anyone viewing this has problems seeing the images or with loading issues, let me know.

Also your art is amazing Neko! :>

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Thank you both! :D And a special thanks to Fairy for fixing my images. At least it's good to know I was doing everything right lol. Thanks for the help. :)

And Ninja Paladin, I am super glad you like the last two! I did the second to last one for my boyfriend and the last one for my friend (the picture is of her two kitties who have passed away, sadly..) I am glad I can at least make good pictures for the people I care about. :3

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Ahh those pikachus in the scarf is incredibly cute! I really love how you've got a variety of different art styles going between your works! Do have a particular favourite style that you draw with?
    Also enjoying the shading and especially the lighting in the second to last one - think that one has gotta be my favourite next to the first one.
    Sad to hear the kittens pass away, but I think is amazing you did a drawing for your friend in her sad time. Those kittens are

Hope to see you post more work :)
    omg ex-toddler pokemon playerground member too? xD

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Thanks, Zappyspiker! Yeh, I know I have a lot of different styles going on here. xD To be honest, I haven't quite found on that shouts "This is me! This is my style!". I'm at this awkward point in time where I don't know what style I would excel in. However, as of recent, I feel as if I'm leaning toward cell-shaded with a painted background (much like the first pic).

Here's a new pic I drew today of my character:

old_tyme_memories_by_littleneko64-d8chfpf.jpg

EDIT: Urg... It's not working again. ;-; Curse my bad luck with image posting!

Last edited:

Kydeka

Bringer of Ground
    Years
  • First thoughts: That Pikachu picture is absolutely adorable.
    End of post thoughts: ..That sunset tho.

That second to last one is beautiful! Really good use of colours and highlights, I just keep staring at it haha. ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • So, the other day I watched a Pokemon theories vid and they talked about how there's one theory that the legendary beasts are reincarnations from the three original Eeveelutions. It made a lot of sense and was very interesting, so I became inspired to draw this pic. :3

what_we_have_become_by_littleneko64-d8gc140.png

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Your purr-spective in that picture is absolutely fantastic! You really were able to pull it together and make a complete image that tells a story, which is something I love to see. From the background to the meow-ground, the whole piece is just stunning. It's clear you're playing to your strengths in this one. <3

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Lol, well thank you for the "punny" reply! xD But seriously, thanks for the feedback. :) I feel like that piece was one of my breakthroughs as far as digital skill is concerned.

Anyway, here is one I just finished up tonight:

art_block_rock__by_littleneko64-d8pqpbh.jpg

After dealing with a serious art block, I think this one came out pretty swell! :)

Back