• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
MUST...STALK...THREAD...*Drolls*

Ahem...Good to know...I'm Excited beyond Belief...Since I've Had nothing to do for quite awile...Good luck with your Beta Testing...;)

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
I havent play in a while. Been busy with other stuff. I'm still where in the area you get the Virus Scan in Castro Town.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
I can hardly wait much longer! What time will it be coming out tomorrow? If it is before 7 in the morning, I can download it as soon as I get up.
It's not a race and why would he have a time set, he will release when he releases it.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
Good point clear. I just want it to come out that is why I asked. I know it isn't a race. Actually if it comes out before 7, people would probably have it downloaded as soon as it comes out if it was a race. People are posting at like 2 in the morning.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I'm sooo excited! :D
I don't think I've posted here before, but I'd like to say this is my favourite ROM hack. :D

Also, some glitches (not to sure wether you know about them or not...) :
On I think Route 62, after beating the trainers, the end text is all gitchy. :\
Steelix should be Steel/Ground.
Chinchou can be found in the Power Plant (not really a glitch, but shouldn't it be in water?)
Also, it's palette is kinda the wrong way round (shouldn't it's body be blue, and the lights be yellow?)

Again, this hack is great, and I'm excited for the Final Dungeon (although my Pokemon are lv 60. :X)

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I'm sooo excited! :D
I don't think I've posted here before, but I'd like to say this is my favourite ROM hack. :D

Also, some glitches (not to sure wether you know about them or not...) :
On I think Route 62, after beating the trainers, the end text is all gitchy. :\
Steelix should be Steel/Ground.
Chinchou can be found in the Power Plant (not really a glitch, but shouldn't it be in water?)
Also, it's palette is kinda the wrong way round (shouldn't it's body be blue, and the lights be yellow?)

Again, this hack is great, and I'm excited for the Final Dungeon (although my Pokemon are lv 60. :X)

1. For the (I dunno)th time, it's been fixed in this version. I analyzed the broken text strings and I am sure that they're all working properly.
2. I did not catch that, thank you. It's been fixed.
3. Chinchou is a Pokemon that can walk on land or water. It makes sense since the Power Plant is right outside a lake anyway.
4. Yeah it's been fixed (finally).

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Give yourself a pat on the back, this is a very nice looking hack. I'll definitely have to play this sometime soon.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
It seems you have everything under control Coolboyman...
Why not release now? >__>
Just kidding, I am not about to start noobing up and asking for releases and early releases before there time.
But I really am excited to play the 100% complete version of this hack...
You will be one of the few people in history to achieve that milestone, one of the greatest R/B/Y hackers of our time.
I commend you, you have earned YOUR standing ovation. *claps*
JOIN ME PC! Clap for the man!

E3DaMeX

Holy shiz, I didn't know it would be released this soon. o_O I'll be ready to get this first thing in the morning! Good wok. ;)

Years
I can't sleep. This is just like waiting for Christmas.

I'll be refreshing the page every 15 minutes until it's out. (It's 3:05am)

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
"OMG COOLBOYMAN POSTED IT MUST BE OUT!!"

Nope, not yet.

I know you're all anxious to play it, but it still needs a little work. It'll be out today that's for sure, but to bide your time, I'll release the update list right now!

Update 4:
- A new dungeon is released, complete with an original music track (besides battles)! If you've beaten the Rijon League, check out the house west of the Hayward Mart. It has several items and high level Pokemon, including some new ones! Be warned though, you need a good team to complete this.
- For some reason, seven secret items have been hidden around Rijon. Nobody knows of their usage yet, but I can tell you that they will be useful later. If you're eager to find all seven of them, you'll have to search throughout all of Rijon to find them all. One of them can be found just by completing the new dungeon.
- The "evolution with stats glitched until you level up once or deposit" glitch is fixed, however the glitch still affects only a few Pokemon. Mostly Sinnoh Pokemon.
- Due to high demand, I have changed Mew's moveset. Mew will not learn transform until level 51, meaning when fighting Mew, it won't transform and ruin your chances of catching it.
- 4th Gen evolutions now have the same movesets as their previous evolution stage, instead of learning nothing at all.
- People cannot find the other location of the Gold Leaf, so I have made it so it always appears in the Ilex Forest Shrine
- Text strings for Route 61, Snorlax, and the Owsauri house have been repaired.
- Steelix is now a Steel/Ground type
- Certain Pokemon can now learn TM's that they couldn't learn before.

Remember, it is not out yet, just giving you all a little preview.

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
"OMG COOLBOYMAN POSTED IT MUST BE OUT!!"

Nope, not yet.

I know you're all anxious to play it, but it still needs a little work. It'll be out today that's for sure, but to bide your time, I'll release the update list right now!

Update 4:
- A new dungeon is released, complete with an original music track (besides battles)! If you've beaten the Rijon League, check out the house west of the Hayward Mart. It has several items and high level Pokemon, including some new ones! Be warned though, you need a good team to complete this.
- For some reason, seven secret items have been hidden around Rijon. Nobody knows of their usage yet, but I can tell you that they will be useful later. If you're eager to find all seven of them, you'll have to search throughout all of Rijon to find them all. One of them can be found just by completing the new dungeon.
- Due to high demand, I have changed Mew's moveset. Mew will not learn transform until level 51, meaning when fighting Mew, it won't transform and ruin your chances of catching it.
- 4th Gen evolutions now have the same movesets as their previous evolution stage, instead of learning nothing at all.
- People cannot find the other location of the Gold Leaf, so I have made it so it always appears in the Ilex Forest Shrine
- Text strings for Route 61, Snorlax, and the Owsauri house have been repaired.
- Steelix is now a Steel/Ground type
- Certain Pokemon can now learn TM's that they couldn't learn before.

Remember, it is not out yet, just giving you all a little preview.

I came....
no, but seriously, I can't wait to play it.
Me and my friends are going to trade and stuff! lol.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
I'm gonna make my first post on this thread here.

This hack is just amazing. Inserting new pokemon, exploring a new region, returning (somewhat) to Johto.
This is just beyond words on how great this is. I do have a couple nitpicks though.

-From Datai's video walkthroughs on youtube (I love the commentary BTW), the Elite Four has a lot of repeat pokemon (Charizard, Venusaur, Crobat, and I think Arbok was used again also). My suggestion for the Fire Trainer is that he uses Typhlosion instead of Charizard. The others, no ideas.
-Could you make it possible to obtain more Eevees that evolve into Leafeon maybe? It is kind of a bummer. Maybe make it catchable in Castro Forest?

Now my next question is how do you obtain an Eevee that does the stone evolutions?

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Alright boys and girls, it's out. Just patch to a clean Red ROM., rename the ROM the same name as the old version, and you'll be able to start where you left off.

If there are any glitches, (and I know there will be), I'll update the patch tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back