• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
  • I just finished The Mystery of the Yellow Room (Le mystère de la chambre jaune). One of the most famous mystery novels that fall into the locked-room mystery category. It was written by Gaston Leroux back in 1907.

I must confess the narrative is quite... Odd. I'd still recommend it anyhow, especially for those who enjoy the mystery genre.

I've been reading a novel series titled Spice & Wolf. Put simply, its a romance about a traveling merchant and his companion who just so happens to be a wolf-diety. They travel across the land in order to find the latter's homeland, but there are plenty of complications along the way (most stemming from their budding relationship). I'm a huge fiction nut and an even bigger romance nut, so I've been really hooked lately.

It's a great read.

Did you purchase them? I'm really interested in owning the actual novels :)

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I couldn't really get into the other books I was reading. I have a really hard time getting into books. However, I recently bought a book called Asylum by Madeleine Roux. It's a little scary right now for me, but I love anything about mental asylums for mental illness to disabilities.
    if you like books about mental asylums then I would definitely suggest to you One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. it's my favorite book of all time and its at times hilariously funny and incredibly sad. it's a perfect book as far as I'm concerned. so if you're into that topic and you've not read that book I highly recommend!!

Years
  • Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist, which i'm reading for one of my classes in college. I've only started, and am on Chapter 3 but already this thing is just tragic. ): It feels relatable to the fact that there are little children out there that work unbearable tasks for no real pay.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Revealed atm almost done looking good im currently reading a book every 2 days and have 11 series to read afterwords. Next book im waiting for is sorcerer heir of the heir chronicals and the last book in heroes of Olympus also going to fire and thorns series

Years
  • Got Randall Muroe's What If? as a coffee table book in case I ever have visitors, and ended up reading the whole thing. A very interesting and entertaining read, especially if you're into the sciences. Also divided up so it's easy to read a five-minute stretch and then set back down, in the instance that I have to wait on TV commercials or someone getting ready. I'll probably end up going back over quite a bit of it again as a time-killer.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Reading The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski. It's a series of books about a monster slayer, by the name of Geralt. It's the series that The Witcher games are based on. While I find his writing to be quite convoluted and hard to follow at the best of times; the stories within the book are still really great.

Next book I'll be picking up is the new novella from The Kingkiller Chronicle, "The Slow Regard of Silent Things." Which is a book written by Patrick Rothfuss, who's Kingkiller series are probably my favourite fantasy novels of all time thus far.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I'm just wrapping up The Bourne Ultimatum. A really great spy thriller. Enjoying it more than Supremacy, which I didn't really find a good follow up to Identity. This one connects back to the first book's plot while keeping the new character relationships from the first sequel.

pkmin3033

Shadow's Edge, by Brent Weeks. I'm not sure what to make of the Night Angel trilogy at the moment, if I'm honest. I love how gritty it is, and the excessive use of swearing is surprisingly effective in conveying that, but...well, the world just isn't all that engaging. I've read worse, but I have read a lot better. Unless it ramps it up a little and expands on things a bit, it's going to be one of those series that just gathers digital dust on my Kindle.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm on A Dance with Dragons in the ASOIAF series. So far, I'm on page 300 something and it's really starting to pick up, so I'm hoping to have this finished before the end of the month. My brother and I love this series and while we talk and theorize, we can't discuss everything until I finish reading.

My next read will most likely be some kind of horror novel to be in season :)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Girl of Fire And Thorns Trilogy started The Bitter Kingdom Today ;)
    - Currently reading a book every 2 days

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    "Also Sprach Zarathustra" by Friedrich Nietzsche

It's both: interesting and difficult to read. At least it seems a little bit easier than Homer's Ilias which I tried to read a couple years ago and gave up pretty quickly.

pkmin3033

I just started The Ruby Knight by David Eddings, second book in The Elenium. It's been about five years since I read this series, so I can barely remember any of it, but I love Eddings' dry humour, it gives real life to his characters.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I started reading the Maze Runner trilogy - about halfway through the second book now.

it's not amazing

Spoiler:
    Just not very well written overall, even for a YA series.

Years
  • A Feast of Crows - R. R. Martin

Don't watch the show and have been reading the books for a while on and off. Just finished up Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy last week. :)

Back