• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Average age?

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
I'm nearly 18 and I play Pokémon. I'm watching Pokémon from when I was 7-8 and started to at 9-10(Pokémon Arena) and video games from 13.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I'm 20 since May, From Cork in Ireland and I rediscovered my love for Pokemon when I went back to college, then influenced my boyfriend to do the same. He's just turned 24 and a college graduate. I've just finished my first year there studying Psychology and I've always been a very good student. As far as being mentally challenged, I don't think I fit the bill.

In fact, in terms of Pokemon and most gaming in general, gamers seem to be some of the more intelligent people in the population in my opinion. Although that could be largely due to the socioeconomic background these gamers are from. I mean, to have video games you have to have money. Same with an education really. Mentally challenged is the complete opposite of what we are if you ask me.

And don't even get me started on the in depth game mechanics of Pokemon that even I don't understand. IVs, EVs, Contests, etc. It's crazy! No child of 3-10 could fully comprehend all of that to a standard that's actually useable in game!

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
Years
I'm 28 and am have been playing Pokemon since it migrated over to the US from Japan. I plan to continue to play it for as long as it's around.
And I agree with everyone else; it hurts no one to like Pokemon.
Even though I may act "mentally challenged" at times, I'm far from it. I'm in the military and am taking college courses in medicine.

Years
I'm 19. I'm a biochem major. A friend and classmate of mine is going for a joint Bachelor's of Pharmacy and D. Pharm, and I think she's a bigger fan than I am XD

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I'll be 24 in a couple of months. I'm definitely not secretive about loving Pokemon still.

And WOW! This thread makes me feel much better about my age. I thought I was part of a huge minority. lol

Years
just recently became 18, in the start i thought it was wierd i like pokemon in a mature.
but today i just know that i like it, so hy should i stop.

got into the franchise in 98/99 when the anime started to air in my country, around the age of 11 when i was off pokemon found out about the games, when my cousin let me play his emereld. even though i barely understood what was written(the game was in english, and i barely understood the language back then) but still got in love with the games since than.

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
I'm currently an 18 year old young Leading Chef of a fast-food Restuaraunt, 19 on October 25th, and have been a proud Pokèmon fan for 15 years. :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2013
Im 17 and started from pokémon gold when i was about 8 years old and im from Sweden :)

Back