• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fifth Gen General Chat

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

• The Fifth Generation Chit-Chat Thread

Welcome everyone, to The Fifth Generation's Chit-Chat thread, where you all can discuss, rant, or praise everything and anything about the Fifth Gen Games: Black, White, Black 2 and White 2! Here, anything is open for discussion as long as it relates to the games!

Casual chit-chat though this is, there are a few guidelines that must be laid out to ensure that this is fun for everyone:​

• While you do not need to adhere to the current topic being discussed if you aren't terribly interested in it, do try to acknowledge the topic before switching it. As this is a chit-chat thread and the topic is generally open, it's okay to have multiple topics going on at once.

• Have fun!

CSS and Format made by Sopheria!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Gosh it's been so long since I've played these games. I'm thinking about picking them back up when I finish my national Dex in 6th gen. All these years and I still haven't even caught most of the legendaries in White 2. Gotta do something about that!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Gosh it's been so long since I've played these games. I'm thinking about picking them back up when I finish my national Dex in 6th gen. All these years and I still haven't even caught most of the legendaries in White 2. Gotta do something about that!

Awh, that sounds cool - What's your favourite 5th gen legend? o:

I've almost picked them all up too; hopefully the pokemon legendary pick-up event for their 20th anniversary will help out on that!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Meloetta, for sure! I like Kyurem too. I haven't caught any of the Regis that you can catch in B/W 2 though, or the Swords of Justice. I need to finally get my hands on some of those event exclusives too, I've only gotten Meloetta, sadly ;-;

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Aaaaa I remember how lovely the story and (especially) the soundtrack of Generation V were! It's a shame that these games have mostly faded out from my memory. :c

My favorite legendary from this generation would probably be Victini! That thing is absolutely adorable, though I admittedly only like it because of the movie it premiered in, rather than the games. I don't think I've even seen a Victini in the games before, haha.

Years
  • I really loved the dragon trio. Fire, Ice and Electric always do great trios if you know your legendaries. Meloetta, Keldeo and Victini are also very adorable.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Aaaaa I remember how lovely the story and (especially) the soundtrack of Generation V were! It's a shame that these games have mostly faded out from my memory. :c

The soundtrack of Gen V was amazinggggg; which ones were your favourite?

I absolutely love the Colress battle theme here; it's so techno-y!

I really loved the dragon trio. Fire, Ice and Electric always do great trios if you know your legendaries. Meloetta, Keldeo and Victini are also very adorable.

Oh yeah, I give absolute love to Mel, Kel, and Victini. <33 I remember how cool it was getting Keldeo's form in that event; remember that?

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
    Years
  • Gen 5 is my fav gen, my first nuzlocke of black 2 got me to love my my favorite pokemon, Azumarill, gen v gave us Hydreigon, anothet good pokemon, and one of my favs.

Music was amazing, my personal fav is BW2's Frozen City for some reason.

Story, especially in the orginals, was a cut above regular pokemon stories.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • The soundtrack of Gen V was amazinggggg; which ones were your favourite?

I adore wayyy too many tracks that I can't even remember them all, haha. But to name a few, I really love BW's ending theme, the PWT Finals theme, Skyarrow Bridge, Route 6, Humilau City; the list goes on! Like aaaaaa omg I could go on forever naming them and talking about why I love them so much, eheheh!

Music was amazing, my personal fav is BW2's Frozen City for some reason.

Oooh, I remember that one! It may have been on the eerie side, but it was definitely a good track! Whether happy, touching, or scary, they did an excellent job putting tons emotion into the music, regardless of the situation. :D

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Do you guys still play the games every now and then? o:

Honestly, sometimes I do love going back to playing Pokemon White for the nostalgic feel of it. :3

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I'm too caught up in my 6th Gen games. Maybe when I do get bored I may go back to my Black every now and then.

Yeah, kind of a shame no one really... plays these games anymore since they're all able to transfer their pokemon to the 6th Gen games, y'know?

Maybe they'll make more 5th gen cameos like N in the later games, I hope. </3

Years
  • It's true. I am proud of the collection I have on Black, having nearly every non-legendary in the National Dex there, and it was thanks to me doing all those transfers. But yes, when a new generation comes out the previous one is just forgotten.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • It's true. I am proud of the collection I have on Black, having nearly every non-legendary in the National Dex there, and it was thanks to me doing all those transfers. But yes, when a new generation comes out the previous one is just forgotten.

Oh cool. o:

How long did it take you?

Years
  • Oh cool. o:

How long did it take you?

It took me a few months to get that collection. Thank god I caught a lot of dupes of species in my previous games, and I did a couple of resets on my original Sapphire (which I never played as much as Ruby back then) to get the other Hoenn starters. Ditto my Pearl to get the Sinnoh starters, and a bit of resetting and trading between HG/SS to get my Johto starters. I did manage to get the other two Unova starters from trading with my brother's never-used White.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • While I did tend to move on very quickly from the 5th Gen due to the migration capabilities; I did enjoy the games a LOT. <3

But I will admit that B/W/B2/W2 were not games that stand out to me, but they were good quality games none the less.

Years
  • I did enjoy the games a LOT. <3

I do agree with this little part. The story was more intense and darker than most Pokemon games, but there was also a good amount of stuff to do postgame so there was very little that would make you bored, especially in B2/W2. There's just so much that can keep you playing for a while, even if you breezed through the story.

Back