• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A bunch of stones!

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    The point of this challenge is simply to use only Pokemon that evolve using stone(or similar in hacks:dubious disc, up-grade). Remember, it's not TRADING with the item, it's USING it on your pokemon.

Keep track of where you are! Tell us what happens! You can choose any pokemon games you like, as long at it is'nt a hack made to give you what you want at the start.
    Throw your starter in your pc when you get your first stone pokemon. You are not allowed to hack Pokémons in.
    HM Slaves are allowed, just not for gyms, elite 4 and champion.
    YOU NEED TO USE YOUR FULL TEAM; Not only one or it will be a solo run

Alternatives;

-One use of each kind of stones.
    -Only one type of stone can be used (useful in blaze black 2 and volt white 2 for a team of porygon-2 with eviolite).
    -Nuzlocke(Really Hard) If one of your Pokemon faints, release it.

I am going to participate in Blaze Black 2 when i finish Volt White 2.
    Pokemon Zeta and Omicron are Allowed!
    Challengers:
    Games:
    LeafGreen: Dara
    FireRed: AoTora
    FireRed Throwback: JaggerTheHunter
    Pearl:NatNew
    Black 2: Feraligatr13
    Blaze Black 2: Me

Easter Egg

Winners:
    Blue: GucciMeme(First Winner!)

Thanks and please keep the Thread active!
    By the way, feel free to redo the challenge on different games! It could become even more fun! Don't forget it isnt because i choose Blaze black 2 that you cant take Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    This sounds like a fun challenge, I'll add the additional rule of only one use of each stone

Name: Dara
    Game: Leaf Green
    Team to be: Ninetales, Jolteon, Nidoking, Poliwrath, and Vileplume

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Status update so far (Don't judge me..)
    -Picked Bulbasaur as my starter
    -Took Oak his package, then spent about 45 minutes in Route 22 looking for Nidoran
    -Rage quit after i lost count of the Mankey and Rattata i had found
    -Checked online and found that Nidoran are only in Route 22 in Red, Blue, and Yellow
    -Got really mad at myself and went to Viridian Forest, forgetting to heal Bulbasaur
    -Knocked out by a Bug Catcher..
    -Went back to Viridian Forest, this time with Poitions
    -Made it through Viridian Forest, healed, then went to the grass right outside Viridian Forest and searched for a Nidoran
    -Spent about 10 minutes looking before i realized i was in Route 2 and not 3
    -Took out my anger on Brock, OHKO'ed his Pokemon
    -Headed over to Route 3, Evolved Bulbasaur while destroying Bug Catchers
    -Finally got passed the trainers to the grass on Route 3
    -Currently searching for a Nidoran M, going on 20 minutes now

Current team:
    :t002: Lvl 16, to be released upon capture of Nidoran

Something tells me this is going to be a long game.. Haha

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Imma do this >_>

User: Feraligatr13
    Game: Black 2
    Team: Flareon, Simipour, Eelektross, Musharna, Cinccino, Chandelure

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    Dara: Haha... It happens to me alot to search for years on a route where the pokemon is'nt... Hope you find your nidoran soon!

Feraligatr13: I'l be sure to add you to the list! You're in!

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • Name: GucciMeme
    Game: Blue
    Lineup: Ninetales (can't get Arcanine in Blue!), Nidoking, Jolteon, Starmie, Exeggutor (A ten-year-old's Dream Team)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    I'l be sure to add you to the list! You're in!

Cool! I also thought that it would be useful to mention that you should probably include a list of Pokemon that evolve by stone for each stone in each game/region to make things easier for people, because I had to go and find a list of stones in Black 2. Speaking of which, I have made no progress whatsoever in Black 2 xD! I'm mainly just waiting for my friend to remember to give it back to me >:(

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Name: Natnew
    Game: Pearl
    Team to be: Roserade, Mismagus, and Raichu

well... I don't like full teams anyway (gosh, I can catch these 3, and that's IT)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    Feligatr13: Sorry, i can't made a list .0. there's too much hacks n stuff!!!

Natnew: It's ok xD keep the team of 3 if you want... You are in!

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • FINISHED my Blue Bunch of Stones Challenge!

Spoiler:

All the Stones? Yes, all the Stones, up to Gen 1 of course. I could not fit every Evolutionary Stone in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but Blue only had five to choose from. Replaying Blue is always fun times.

SCREENSHOT OF THE DREAM TEAM
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Question: Would Pokémon FireRed Throwback be included as a hack of "getting what I want from the start?"

If not, I would like to sign up.

Name: JaggerTheHunter
    Game: FireRed Throwback (If not banned) / Pokemon Emerald (If FireRed Throwback were to be banned + Backup plan)
    Team to be;
    FireRed Throwback: Nidoking, Arcanine, Jolteon, Vileplume & Cloyster
    Emerald: Ludicolo, Shiftry, Delcatty, Ninetails, Raichu, Bellossom

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    GucciMeme: Congrats on being the first person to finish the challenge! Can't wait to finish my volt white 2

umbreon1824: It would be great if you join!

JaggerTheHunter: What i mean by getting what you want from the start is like, first grass you get like a nidoking or a ninetales... Anyway if it isnt like that then it's ok :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    Well... I recommend you finish firered throwback first THEN play emerald...

By the way, nice name!

Also, i'm starting my game on pokemon blaze black 2!
    I started by naming myself Wobufet and my hugh Wynaut, because Wynaut!
    -Chose Oshawott as my starter so my porygon-2 could own his snivy
    -Beat Wynaut without any problems because he spammed leer ONLY
    -Bianca showed me again the stuff she showed me on volt white 2 (YOU SERIOUS BIANCA???)
    -Lost to the first trainer on route 20... What a shame (BTW i wont choose oshawott as a starter EVER again...)
    -Saw a bagon... To bad its a challenge!
    -Caught a Lotad for a future Lucicolo
    -Caught myself a Sunkern. Too bad i can't use my shiny one from x and y... Don't worry, i'l get rid of Oshawott
    -Threw Oshawott in the PC box.
    -Grinded exp for Sunkern and Lotad
    -Wrecked Wynaut with Sunkern
    -Grinded like Crazy to get Sunkern to lvl 16 and Lotad to lvl 11... Geese, don't take a Sunkern in your team!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Update (FireRed Throwback);
    Chapter 1
    - Chose Charmander as my starter. As I was about to leave Prof. Oak's lab, Blue wanted to battle. After a "fierce" battle, I received $80 from Blue.
    - Left Pallef Town and met a man from the Pokémart, he gave me a free Potion as a sample.
    - Arrived in Viridian City and explored it a little bit and found out that there is a GYM! Yay! Unfortunately, the Leader was absent so I had to wait for him/her to get back.. After that, I went into the Pokémart and was told that Prof. Oak's package arrived.
    - I returned to Pallet Town with Prof. Oak's package and delivered it to him. (My back still hurts :C ) Blue arrived out of the.. blue, and Prof. Oak gave us both a Pokédex. ( A Pokédex! Yay! Such excitement! Very enthusiasm! Much fun! and a few Pokéballs )
    - Blue told her sister not to lend me a map, which.. she did though. Anyways, I ventured through Routes' 1 and 22 for a Nidoran and nicknamed it "King" (Charmander had to boxed though, sorry Char Char :C )
    - I walked back to Viridian City and level grinded King to Lv. 12 and defeated every bug catcher in the Viridian Forest, which would make him a Lv. 15.

Chapter 2
    - I arrived in Pewter City, and I got bored of it at the very first sight of it and wanted to leave. Sadly, I couldn't because a gang of hooligans decided to make a blunder at Mt. Moon.
    - Seeing that I was stuck here for a while, I decided to see if there was anything I could ACTUALLY do to pass the time. Luckily, a guy told me that "Brock" the Pewter City Gym Leader was looking for someone to battle and so, he took me to Brock.
    - After arriving infront of Brock's Gym, I walked into it, only to find some guy babbling about how I'm about the "Champion" and all.
    - After hearing what the guy had to say, I walked on further into the gym, only to be challenged by a kid. (He was a.. worthy opponen- noob. He was a noob)
    - I walked on, only to find Brock standing with pride for he had a battle with me. He was stubborn, I'll give him that but his Geodude and Onix was no match for my King! After Brock's defeat, he gave me the Boulderbadge and a TM too.
    - I got out of the gym and wanted to see if the road to Mt. Moon was still closed because of those hooligans. Apparently, there was no one to guard the road so, I walked through it.
    - Luckily, I wasn't caught. Well, one of Prof. Oak's aide caught me only to give me a pair of shoes and with it, a note from Mom. It reads
    "Dear Red,
    Here is a pair of Running Shoes for my
    beloved challenger. Remember, I'll always
    cheer for you! Don't ever give up!
    From Mom"
    I stared at the paper, as tears trickled down my cheeks. After that, I wore the running shoes that she bought and WALKED into Route 3.

[P.S, I'll update this on a regular basis, if I can or if I have the time]

Back