• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Red Paperclip Challenge

Miau

If I fits...
Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I love this idea! I've been meaning on doing something like this for a long time now, hehe.

Starting Pokemon: Level 1 Meowth (September 27th)
    Goal: Level 100 Pokemon
    Game: X

At first I wanted to do an event Pokemon too, so I thought how about Jirachi? But I thought, let's see if there are any Jirachi on the GTS, and I checked... and I was horrified. So I'm going for something less likely to be hacked. As for my starter, she's a random level 1 Meowth, no IVs and no egg moves. Her only forte is that she's a bank Pokemon, which may not mean much nowadays anyway hehe.

[EDIT]
    So I put up my Meowth for a Togetic, figured an evolved bank Pokemon would be better than a level 1 bank Pokemon, plus I was missing the 'dex entry hehe. So I get a level 17 female Togetic named Jay Jay, that I immediately put up for trade, and as I'm depositing her, I notice she's marked as a 5IV. Nice. For my next target I chose Blaziken, also missing 'dex entry. Ten minutes later, I think, hey I should probably check if it that Togetic really is a 5IV, and then edit my message on the GTS, to attract people. So I go to the GTS, and lo and behold, it was already traded! I'm now staring at the summary screen of a level 41, German male Blaziken with Speed Boost. I wonder what I should put him up for, hmm.

tl;dr Meowth lv 1 > Togetic lv 17 > Blaziken lv 41

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Im actually surprised how many pokemon are no longer hacked these days but ive aimed for all time extreme high on mine GL with yours
    Also small update: I just had a question the blaziken I traded for had the blazikenite holding and I was wondering if im allowed to keep it or trade it as is?

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Im actually surprised how many pokemon are no longer hacked these days but ive aimed for all time extreme high on mine GL with yours
    Also small update: I just had a question the blaziken I traded for had the blazikenite holding and I was wondering if im allowed to keep it or trade it as is?

Thanks, you too! I guess that's true, and I don't mind clones, and for traded Pokemon, I can't really know it it's legit or just legal anyway. Actually, what truly bothers me was that 90% of the Jirachi I saw on the GTS today were obvious hacks and had offensive names. All spelled out, no zeros instead of O-s or something. It was my first time on the GTS after they hacked the 3DS, I had heard about these things going on, but I was still taken aback, I guess.

And I thought we were unable to trade mega stones over the GTS and WT? {XD}

Dedenne1

Years
  • Actually no it all depends on what the people are willing to trade. Also no problem and thanks. Also im taken aback when I see these sick people on pokemon with the offensive names and disgusting things they put on there why cant people just have fun and enjoy the game :(

Sirfetch’d

Starting Pokemon: Level 10 Squirtle on Sept. 27
    Goal: Suicine
    Game: Pokemon X

Should be fun!

Last edited:

Dedenne1

Years
  • Your goal is undecided lol idk its kinda middle maybe geered toward easy ik theres a lot of meloettas out there but to find someone to trade with may be hard good luck

Years
  • Your goal is undecided lol idk its kinda middle maybe geered toward easy ik theres a lot of meloettas out there but to find someone to trade with may be hard good luck

I actually changed it again from meloetta cuz I didn't see any on the GTS so I wasn't sure if they were even in circulation XD

I changed it to Giratina now cuz at least those are on the GTS.

And I have some progress so far!

pansear.gif
    -->
    ralts.gif

Traded for Ralts on 9/27/14

ralts.gif
    -->
    dratini.gif

Traded Ralts for Dratini on 9/27/14

dratini.gif
    -->
    Hoping to trade for an Articuno as this Dratini is adamant and has some egg moves!

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Great idea for a challenge, I'll start tomorrow.

Starting Pokemon: Magikarp Level 1
    Goal: Level 100 Shiny Pokemon

You know this is going to be long. XD

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
    Years
  • So maneh posts! xD

I love this idea! I've been meaning on doing something like this for a long time now, hehe.

Starting Pokemon: Level 1 Meowth (September 27th)
    Goal: Level 100 Pokemon

At first I wanted to do an event Pokemon too, so I thought how about Jirachi? But I thought, let's see if there are any Jirachi on the GTS, and I checked... and I was horrified. So I'm going for something less likely to be hacked. As for my starter, she's a random level 1 Meowth, no IVs and no egg moves. Her only forte is that she's a bank Pokemon, which may not mean much nowadays anyway hehe.

[EDIT]
    So I put up my Meowth for a Togetic, figured an evolved bank Pokemon would be better than a level 1 bank Pokemon, plus I was missing the 'dex entry hehe. So I get a level 17 female Togetic named Jay Jay, that I immediately put up for trade, and as I'm depositing her, I notice she's marked as a 5IV. Nice. For my next target I chose Blaziken, also missing 'dex entry. Ten minutes later, I think, hey I should probably check if it that Togetic really is a 5IV, and then edit my message on the GTS, to attract people. So I go to the GTS, and lo and behold, it was already traded! I'm now staring at the summary screen of a level 41, German male Blaziken with Speed Boost. I wonder what I should put him up for, hmm.

tl;dr Meowth lv 1 > Togetic lv 17 > Blaziken lv 41

This is going well! Good luck.

Im actually surprised how many pokemon are no longer hacked these days but ive aimed for all time extreme high on mine GL with yours
    The rules state no tampering with the pokemon, but I can make an exception for mega stones if you so choose.

Starting Pokemon: Level 10 Squirtle on Sept. 27
    Goal: Suicine
    Game: Pokemon X

Should be fun!

Good luck.

Starting Pokemon: Pansear, Level 4, Sept 27
    Goal: Giratina

This seems pretty fun c:

I'll sign you up. Best of luck!

I actually changed it again from meloetta cuz I didn't see any on the GTS so I wasn't sure if they were even in circulation XD

I changed it to Giratina now cuz at least those are on the GTS.

And I have some progress so far!

pansear.gif
    -->
    ralts.gif

Traded for Ralts on 9/27/14

ralts.gif
    -->
    dratini.gif

Traded Ralts for Dratini on 9/27/14

dratini.gif
    -->
    Hoping to trade for an Articuno as this Dratini is adamant and has some egg moves!

Ok, I'll embed this.

Great idea for a challenge, I'll start tomorrow.

Starting Pokemon: Magikarp Level 1
    Goal: Level 100 Shiny Pokemon

You know this is going to be long. XD
    Good luck!

Dedenne1

Years
  • No I rather not have an exception ill just trade it as is. updates: none of yet!

Years
  • Okay so no one was trading me an Articuno for Dratini, so I scaled it back to go for Beldum and...

dratini.gif
    -->
    beldum.gif
    9/28/14

and then...

beldum.gif
    -->
    moltres.gif
    9/28/14

moltres.gif
    --> Suicune hopefully!

I gotta say this is pretty cool that in just two days I went from a Pansear to a legendary!

Sirfetch’d

I started over and began the challenge with a level 3 Scatterbug!

scatterbug.gif
    ----->
    beldum.gif

Asked for a Beldum and got it pretty quickly!

beldum.gif
    ----->
    zapdos.gif

Put Beldum up and after a day got Zapdos! Pretty cool this happened so fast XD

I now have Zapdos up asking for my Suicine! Hope I get it :D

Dedenne1

Years
  • I will update next when i achieve my goal and i hope to do it without trading Blaziken for another and another i rather have Blaziken for my goal

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    ...erm... I put up another Ralts on the GTS, asking for a Cresselia, when I began this challenge.
    I checked the GTS just now and got a Cresselia... So, I suppose my goal has been met?
    I'm no longer sure what I'm going to do with the Gible that I got from the other Ralts. :/

Should I continue trying to trade this Gible or should I move to another goal?

Years
  • So I checked the GTS this morning when I woke up, and

moltres.gif
    -->
    suicune.gif

And then I checked again when i got home from school...

suicune.gif
    -->
    giratina.gif

Unfortunately it doesn't have a Griseous Orb but I've met my goal! I'm really surprised it only took 3 days!

This was pretty fun so I may sign up again c:

Dedenne1

Years
  • Hey guys major update ive finally completed the challenge! Ive traded my Blaziken Shiny with Blazikenite for my shiny 3+ ivs espeon I got level 50 espeon spanish 4 ivs Kalos born! With magic bounce although the moves arent great im just happy i got it. Maybe I'll try again soon maybe a little easier cause this literally took so long with shout outs and trades.

Years
  • Time for round 2!

Starting Pokemon: Bidoof
    Goal: Cresselia

I'm doing this one with Powalen. We both started with bidoofs and are both going for cresselia - whoever gets it first wins!

My trade progress so far:

bidoof.gif
    -->
    pikachu.gif
    10/2/14

pikachu.gif
    -->
    gible.gif
    10/2/14

gible.gif
    --> Hopefully Articuno!

Sirfetch’d

Doing this one with Tom as he said! I got an Azurill so far for my Bidoof and now asking for a Dratini!

Username: Powalen
    Goal: Cresselia
    Game: Pokemon x

so far:

bidoof.gif
    ----->
    azurill.gif

azurill.gif
    -----> maybe a Dratini!(was asking for a Bagon but no luck :()

Last edited:
    Back