• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    I am so embarrassed. I'm already at like 400 hours. I feel like I've played way too much lmao.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    There was for Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal (I don't know about earlier). If the timer maxed, the game would delete the save file and you'd be forced to restart.

I've never heard that one before. As far as i know, the only thing reaching max play time has ever affected is Mirage Island in Gen III, where the island is permanently frozen in whatever state it was in when you reached the max play time.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    There was for Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal (I don't know about earlier). If the timer maxed, the game would delete the save file and you'd be forced to restart.
    That's actually what I thought when I played the games over ten years ago. Truth is: your save file gets deleted; not because of the timer, but rather because the internal battery runs dry (in Gold/Silver/Crystal; not in the newer games, of course). :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    What was this random encounter?

I'm not looking for spoilers, just a confirmation that this was normal or not. When I went up the elevator of some building in Lumiose City, upon exiting the elevator the screen went dark for a second, then a girl with purple hair was behind me (kind of like the Hex Maniac characters) and she sort of "glided" around me like she was on skates (but her legs didn't actually move) and she said something like "You're not the one I'm looking for." The screen went dark and came back and I was able to walk around again.

I mean, what the heck? Is that something I'll find out about, or some weird glitch?

Thanks.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    That is a normal thing. Many people, including myself, have encountered that girl. So far, no definite explanation has been given for her.

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    It is indeed purposely programmed into the game. Its basically just an easter egg. GF usually puts these creepy easter eggs in their games; it usually is portrayed with a ghost girl as well. Afaik, nothing conclusive came up to solve this mysterious event. Also, since the game came out in October, it was a fun thing to include in the spirit of Halloween. :)

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Banned Items

does anyone know where to find a list of banned items in online battles for X & Y?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    As far as i know, the only rule regarding items in WiFi battles is that no two Pokemon can be holding the same item. As for Smogon rules, which are widely accepted as the fairest ones, i think the ban list for items is the same as previous generations, with the addition of Gengarite, Blazikenite and Kangaskhanite.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    mega stones and blazikin are not banned in wifi battles, i just battled one. Apparently the problem i have was one of my pokemon had the Strange Souvenir. no idea why that would be banned cuz it doesn't do anything....

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I thought it's just Speed Boost Blaziken? Without Speed Boost, there's nothing so special about Blaziken.

Just about every Blaziken used in competitve battles has Speed Boost, so thats why its banned. Nobody uses Blaziken without Speed Boost.

But WiFi/Battle Spot battles don't follow Smogon's rules so Blazikenite, Gengarite, and Kangaskhanite are all allowed. There are some Pokemon that are banned from Rated battles (but I just do random free battles).

As far as I know, the only items banned in Wifi/Battle Spot battles is Soul Dew. Or if 2 pokemon are holding the same item (which is annoying).

And whats this "Strange Souvenier" thing?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Just about every Blaziken used in competitve battles has Speed Boost, so thats why its banned. Nobody uses Blaziken without Speed Boost.

Yeah, I guess this is true. Although it must be annoying for diehard Blaziken fans.

And whats this "Strange Souvenier" thing?

It's an item that currently has no known use, although it's speculated that it might have something to do with Hoopa, Diancie or Volcanion (Hoopa seems most likely). You can get it by talking to the backpacker in hotels four days in a row (he appears in a random hotel each day). Since Soul Dew is the only other banned item in WiFi battles, maybe it will have some similar effect?

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Yeah, I guess this is true. Although it must be annoying for diehard Blaziken fans.

It's an item that currently has no known use, although it's speculated that it might have something to do with Hoopa, Diancie or Volcanion (Hoopa seems most likely). You can get it by talking to the backpacker in hotels four days in a row (he appears in a random hotel each day). Since Soul Dew is the only other banned item in WiFi battles, maybe it will have some similar effect?

has no effect as of yet, maybe in future dlc or something, or its just an easter egg

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2014
    I was considering purchasing dream cloud and was wondering if the pokemon can be transferred to x/y, or if it's just BW2. If this is the case does anyone know if you can then transfer them to x from BW2 when the bank is released? Thanks in advance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back