• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Height of Discord

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
Years
  • ~Pokemon: Height of Discord [PG-13]~

PROLOGUE

"Father? Father!" The young Igglybuff called as she scampered out of the forest. It was then she saw the
    looming tower, storms raging around it, and a large portal gaping over it, with a powerful dark energy pouring out of it. There was a large creature floating in circles and howling at the very top, and the Igglybuff felt it staring at her angrily for a moment.
    "Stay away from the forest!" A wigglytuff yelled, as it sent an ampharos surrounded by dark energy flying backward to the base of the craggy mountain where the tower emerged. The Wigglytuff turned, and saw the small terrified Igglybuff, entranced by the sinsiter aura of the tower.
    "No, Sofia!" The Wigglytuff shouted, "Go back to the forest, it isn't--"
    The Wigglytuff was interrupted by a loud roar and the noise of yelling and screeching. A Dark Colored metagross with the X on it's face spiked at the edges crashed through trees, as it sent some smaller forest pokemon getting thrown backward with a powerful meteor mash.
    "PROBABLITY OF ENEMY SUCCESS: 2%." The metagross droned as it trampled through some pidgeys and caterpie, who were desperately trying to damage his armored body to no avail.
    "Sofia, Go now!" The Wigglytuff shouted at the Igglybuff named Sofia.
    "But father, I can fight!" Sofia shouted back, tears rolling down her cheeks.
    "No Sofia, get away from this forest now! It's far too dangerous! The other pokemon and I can defeat them!"
    "…. Yes father…" Sofia scampered back into the forest, but before getting too far in turned and watched as some of the defeated pidgeys rose up from the ground engulfed in shadow, and squwaked angrily. They then swarmed a shiftry, weakening it and turning it into an angry shadowy enemy.
    "Metronome!" The Wigglytuff shouted, and a poweful thunder crashed down from the sky and hit the Metagross. The Metagross didn't falter, and proceeded to attack the Wigglytuff with a psychic.
    "Gaah! S-s-stop it!" The Wigglytuff screamed as he was lifted off the ground by the powerful attack. He managed to pull away only minorly damaged, and attack the Mtagross with ineffective pound. He was then grabbed by two Shiftrys that restrained him so that the Metagross could land his attack. The Wigglytuff wrenched, as the Metagross' powerful psychic assault descended onto him, sending him into a fit.
    "Father! No!" Sofia screamed as she watched her father's mind being wrenched around and corrupted.
    The Wigglytuff called out a final "SOFIA!" before he fell to the ground. He then slowly got up, and turned, corrupted by the dark force.
    "Father!" Sofia cried out once more before she turned and ran deep into the forest.

SYNOPSIS

Far into the future, humans have disappared from existence, leaving pokemon free to live on their own. Although most human technology has gone missing, traces of human existence still remain. Thougn for many years life for pokemon remained tranquil, there is an emerging problem. A pokemon called Giratina, lord of the distortion world, has made many strange appearances in the pokemon world for unknown reasons. It has been sighted several times near a district known as the purple forest, where it's portals through to the distortion world have left odd scars in the sky. Then finally, Giratina appeared for final time, causing a tear in the center of these scars, and creating a gaping portal. The day after this portal appeared, an odd tower shimmered into existence, said to have been created through a dark matter that descended from the portal. Then it started happening.
    Odd dark purple mist started appearing, floating near the base of the tower. Some pokemon from the forest examined this mist, never to return. This was the beginning of the corruption. Pokemon that were out of the ordinary, surrounded by dark aura with distorted appearances and impossible power started appearing. These pokemon were unstable, and were known to attack others on sight. They defeated every single pokemon they saw, causing the defeated party to be infected by their darkness, or corrupted. These dark pokemon, referred to as corrupted by others, started appearing at an alarming rate, forming groups and attacking pokemon settlements. All attempts of retaliation by non-corrupted forces have been met with defeat.
    Things seem hopeless for the pokemon now, but there is a new found hope. There are pokemon who have proved immune to the corruption of the dark pokemon, their pure hearts and souls or will to protect others sheilding them from the dark power. These pokemon are the sole hope for the well being of pokemon, and they will band together to form an opposition against the corrrupted, and rise to defeat the darkness in this time where discord is at an alarming height.

Welcome to Height of Discord, an RP. This thread is Co run by me (MrGhost) and The Magus. Here's how things are going to work….

RULES

There will be 10 characters in the party, we won't start until otherwise.

Pestering us to start the rp is against the PC rules, and will be dealt with harshly.

The characters the players will be RPing are Incorruptables. Your character must be a 1st evolution. No legendary pokemon are allowed.

Everyone may have up to two characters, though they may choose to have one as well. every character someone has will count as one of the 10.

Pokemon can carry up to three reasonably sized items at a time. Only one can be equipped. They may start with only one item. Be realistic about the starting item.

No Godmodding, Bunnying, or any of that nasty stuff.

BE active! If you aren't available to post for an amount of time, PLEASE notify me. If it's a short time, no biggy. If it's a long time, we may just skip your post in the order and assume your being dragged along with the party.
    If for one reason or another, you need to leave the RP, I will arrange a climactic death or something of the likes for your character(s).

All PC RPing/Other rules apply

Refer to the OOC thread for any other questions concerning rules.

CHARACTER SHEET GUIDELINES

First off, since we've already had some confusion around this, SUs belong in the OOC Thread
    These are the required basics for the sheet.

Name:
    Name of your character
    Species:
    Your desired pokemon species
    Appearance:
    Although most pokemon look very similar, please try to be as descriptive as possible. If your having a hard time with this, give your character some unique features.
    Personality:
    Please do more than listing adjectives, and use complete sentences.
    Background and History:
    This needs to be pretty descriptive, and should describe how your character has lived up until recent events.
    Other:
    Anything that doesn't fit above goes here
    RP sample:
    This isn't totally necessary, but will increase your chance of getting accepted A LOT.

Now then, here's my character sheet.

Spoiler:

The Magus' character:
    Spoiler:

once again, please post your SUs in the OOC Thread (Link). Thank you, that will be all.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name:
    Aria
    Species:
    Cyndaquil
    Appearance:
    She has large bunky legs, and her nose is a little more pale then the others. She has two slit like eyes, and one of them recently bruised. She has stubby arms, and her body is mostly a small lump.

Personality:
    She is very outgoing, she wont stop until she turns a stranger into her best friend. She finds the good in others, and smiles often. A little stubborn at times, when she gets angry her fire has out-bursts for a few hours.

Background and History:
    She has watched many of her friends be almost completely corrupted. She lived in forests deep beyond the ruins of the humans, and she doesnt often explore out of their boundaries. Her parents are far away with many of the other pure pokemon to take care of the half corrupted. So they could be cured before completely corrupt-

Other:
    N/A
    RP sample:
    Dean: "Good, good come in," *he lets you in and closes the door* "now, sit down. I noticed your intrests in the sciense of hybrids. I wanted to show you something I often played with as a boy. Dont get me wrong- its no toy."

The dean reveals a box that was draped in a green cloth.
    He opens it and you see a small robotic toy.

Dean: *presses the button on its head* "insert a command of what different creatures you want it to be. It turns into them!" *inserts "dragon"*

The robot turns into a red metalic dragon and its mouth opens feebily and a slightly robotic type fire pours out.

Dean: "I love it, amazing?" *smiles* "I want you to have it. Now, I need Henry- I have something for him as well."

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
  • Name:
    Pyro
    Species:
    Charmander
    Appearance:
    Clean, cute looking, very bright orange and has an healthy tail flame which sometimes burns brighter then normal
    Personality:
    Very Joyful because growing up around firends, Has a big apptitie and not a fussy eater curious about almost anything thats a mystery to him and paranoid in some stages that disturb him
    Background and History:
    Traumatised about the lost of his Charmeleon brothers that had been kidnapped his parents had became over protective over him, he still lives a normal life in a volcano and attends the Charmander's College and due to the loss he was never able to evolve until one day he deciedes to look for his brothers and settle a score to who had kidnapped them, which was a wild corruption Pokemon stampede during Pyro's nap time where he was put to sleep by sing so he could rest.
    Other:
    Has a phobia of Ghost Pokemon since he went to a haunted house attraction but his brothers played a joke to leave him behind and Ghastly's surronded him lifting him up for a harmless ride but Pyro had already passed out.
    RP sample:
    "Mama," Pyro asked as he tried to look for his brothers, "Where is Fang and Flame?" Pyro hadn't seen them at all after school, his mom came in with red eyes and tears she couldn't hide and said weakly "They're gone." Pyro didn't believe what he had heard but tears started to form in his own eyes as he yelled "NO!! Your lying!" but he knew the truth and ran up to his room and wept the whole night.

Last edited:

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
    Years
  • Without further ado, let's begin!

Lento crawled along the path at a slow pace searching for someone who might give him directions. He'd been walking toward the Purple Forest for several days, to find the source of this 'Corruption' problem and see how he could help. So far, he'd had little luck, as Purple Forest had been the front lines of a devastating battle against the Corrupted, a battle that he heard had ended in a terrifying loss for the Un-Corrupted Pokemon. For this reason, he had run into only one Pokemon, a weedle, who had rushed by Lento before he could even present his question.

As Lento continued, he started to see some signs of a battle, such as claw marks on trees and scuffed ground. He silently hoped to himself thar no one had gotten badly hurt.

"Oi," Lento suddenly heard from behind him, "What's your like doin' here? You look like you'd be a pushover for any o' them corrupted folks!"
    Lento stopped walking and slowly turned. There was a cheeky looking Aipom hanging from the tree in front of him. Lento thought a bit. Could he be a corrupted? No, no. It was rare for corrupted to talk, or so he'd heard. Maybe he was a 'rough pokemon'. One of the ones Lento's mother had told him about. The ones that'll take away your food and hurt you. He supposed a rough pokemon would have come off a bit meaner, so he assumed this fellow was alright to talk to.
    "Gonna answer me some time, kid?" The Aipom said snidely.
    Lento took in a deep breath, and then let out, "Er... Yes... I'm here to help... Somehow?"
    "What, you mean help fight The Corrupted?" The Aipom said as he sneered.
    "I... Guess?" Lento replied softly.
    "Hah!" The Aipom retorted, "You even know what you're getting in to? Pokemon twice as bulky as you 'ave goin' in there and ain't comin' out! You gonna single handedly take out the tower? Yeah right!"

Lento opened his mouth to speak, then paused. How was he going to help? He didn't have any kind of healing abilities, and though he could handle a few roughneck krabby, he doubted that he was any match for the other corrupted. However, he still felt obliged to help somehow, so he decided he'd go anyway.

"You gonna talk, kid?" The Aipom jeered as Lento started to decide what he was about to say, "You're about the slowest thing I ever met! Worse than a Snorlax!"
    "Er..." Lento began, "I was going going to say... I think I can still try to help..."
    "Good luck!" The Aipom shouted, a bit to loud for Lento's liking, "Y'know, I doubt you'll find anyone to help, 'cept for more Corrupted! The only Pokemon goin' down there are the tough ones, and even they're disappearin'! A lotta help your gonna be!"

"Thank you... I hope I'll be a lot of help!" Lento said with a sunny look on his face.
    He had thought for some time The Aipom might have been a 'rough pokemon', but it turns out he was nice enough to give him some hopeful support.
    "Er..." The Aipom said, looking a bit confused, "Well, your funeral kid."
    The Aipom leaped into a tree and bounded away through the branches.
    Lento wasn't sure what The Aipom had meant by saying "Your Funeral", but he assumed it was a way of saying good bye around this area.

He proceeded to waddle his way, deeper into the area thats danger level was still a mystery to him.

---

Lento was proud of himself for the ground he had covered in the last half hour. He thought his walk may have even exceeded a half mile. Although, it troubled him that there was still no one around. He was really hoping to help the cause and maybe even contribute to a battle, but so far he'd had no luck. He plopped down on the ground, and started to close his eyes, thinking to himself, "You deserve a break from the walking, Lento."
    It was then that Lento heard the menacing screeches of some sort of Avian. It was a terrible noise that greatly unsettled him. He saw a shadow, moving above him in a circle, and then he knew it was trouble.
    The cry he'd heard was nothing like any normal pokemon's cry. Lento was close to positive that he was dealing with a corrupted. He craned his stubby neck and looked above, seeing his adversary.
    It was what appeared to be a Fearow, but it seemed like a dark energy had enveloped it, and created a twisted and distorted being, as it's features were much darker. Lento immediately knew that this Pokemon was a corrupted. Lento pushed up onto his feet, and continued to stare at the demonic Pokemon.
    Just then, Corrupted Fearow dove down at Lento with a peck. Lento worked up a bit of an adrenaline rush, and managed to clumsily roll out of the way as it dive bombed him.
    Lento struggled to his feet, only to see the Fearow preparing a second peck.
    This time, as the bird rushed at Lento, he unleashed a small blast of water, causing the bird to hesitate slightly. However, this did little more than slow the Fearow down, as it still managed to plow into Lento and complete the attack. Although Lento was a sturdy little fellow and he knew how to take a hit, the attack sent him sprawling and he rolled into a tree.
    Lento barely managed to get on his feet, and as he did, the Fearow taunted him with a blood-curdling squak. Quickly, Lento tried focusing what little psychic energy he had to attack the Fearow, but he didn't seem to be causing it much trouble as it spread it's wings and started flapping them wildly, causing a powerful wind to whip Lento off his feet.
    It was uncommon for Lento's hope to fade, but now was one of those rare occasions. He rolled on to his feet, and got ready to defend himself further, hoping there was a way to get out of the battle mostly unscathed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    "Ugh.... I've been running for ever..." Ping groaned as he trudged along a cliff. He was in a corrrupted mountain range, dark purple specks flew though the air, in a never ending storm.He had been running for a week now, ever since his home was invaded by the corrupted pokemon. However, wherever he ran, it only got worse... Broken towns, ravaged plains, collapsed tunnels... "Wah!" Ping shouted, jumping away from the path he entered through, as it collapsed under a rugged boulder. "Well... no way but forward now..." Ping said as he watched bits of the cliff crumble into darkness.
    "But man,this place is so corrupted..." he muttered, "It just screams 'evil'... I've got to get out of-GAH!" Suddenly, a large, corrupted Graveler smashed past him, accompanied by two dark Golbats. They slowly turned around, ready to battle. "GYAAAAHGYOUUU!!!"
    "Uh-oh... this isn't good..." Ping muttered, backing away," I'm no good at fighting... but, there's no way out... I guess I've gotta..." He was cut off by a Golbat hitting him with a wing attack. "AGH! fine-lets fight!" Ping yelled, jumping to the side and kicking up some sand in the golbat's face. He then leaped up, and performed a fury cutter with his leek. He pecked at the golbat once or twice, and then was smashed off by a rock, tossed by the graveler.
    "OWW!" Ping groaned, picking himself up, and holding his left wing. "Won't be able to fly on that for some time... but..." As the graveler advansed, Ping quickly swiped his leek around, switched it with another one in his satchel, and Quickly jabbed the graveler with a poisonous one. "Knew dabbing this in Arbok venom was smart... now, BRING IT!"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Terrance continued their trek through the Purple Woods, the sky gradually disappearing and being replaced by the deep green foliage of the trees. It was unnerving to find that light was slowly disappearing, and soon Terrance would have to squint all of his sets of eyes just to manage without bumping into a fallen log or other such debree. To add to the impending lack of light, Terrance could hear fighting off in the distance. This was bound to be where he was needed. They had been chosen as having something different than all the other exeggcute, and necessary in restoring some sort of lost balance. It seemed ages ago to Terrance that he had made his first hop from home and into the true, intimidating world. Still, with all its dangers, it seemed there was no sort of inbalance. Untill word of the spreading corruption began to circulate around. Yes, there were no more doubts about it. This is what Terrance had to stop. Still, they couldn't believe how they would be able to do this. Putting on a grim face, or rather, faces, Terrance swerved from his path and toward the distant noises of fighting. He had no idea what to expect.

Ugh, why are there so many bushes around here?
    I can't see!
    Quiet, both of you, lets just keep going.
    But they hurt a bit...
    Hey! Wait! Let's not rush in, the fight sounds close!
    Agreed.
    'K guys, I'll check what's up there.
    Come back quickly!

One of Terrance's seeds slowly rolled out of the dense underbrush, wearily keeping his eyes darting back and forth to spot something. Being even just a few inches from the group felt odd. Terrance was insecure, and felt helpless without the others. Still, he managed to move ahead a bit, untill he was able to make out a shocking scene. A fearow was rapidly beating its wings, dripping off purple-ish smoke that made it seem like the flying type had a shadowy mirror copy of itself that was always a few steps behind it. Some of the shadowy mist blew towards Terrance and he couldn't help but cough a bit at the noxious smell. Not only was it rancid, but it made him feel like there were a million, tiny, white hot claws rending his mind. He quickly shook himself to get rid of the feeling, but still couldn't help coughing a few times. After the quick spasm was over, Terrance was frozen in fear, thinking the strange fearow could have heard him. However, the mysterious, darker tinted pokemon was focused on something else. The lone exeggcute squinted his eyes to see what it was, but was interupted.

Are you there?
    Where are you?
    You're taking too lo-
    QUIET!

The scouting seed quickly silenced himself, not having time for their caution. He was sure the fearow wasn't going to pay much attention to him. A slowpoke, on the opposite side of the shadowy flying type as Terrance, was slowly getting up from what looked like a tough blow. The normally good natured pokemon had the distince vacant look of others in its species, yet there was an obvious sign of concentration on its face. This was a battle! Terrance could easily tell that the slowpoke was overpowered, but he felt drawn to the fight. This fearow, it had... something... Some that he knew had to do with the something that the exeggutors had seen in him.

Hey, hurry up and tell us wh-

Once again, the scouting seed cut off the rest of himself mid sentence.

Get over here, I think I found something about what we were chosen to do! Just stay somewhat quiet!

Terrance could feel the anxiety of vulnerability fade away as they were once again joined together, but it was only to be replaced with another kind of anxiety. The type of nervousness one would get before an important event. Terrance relayed the situation back to himself, although the others alread had a vague idea of what was happening from the constant telepathic communication that they subconsciously took part in. They already knew they would protect the slowpoke and try to bring down the strangely alluring dark pokemon, but how?

We can't charge in, for sure!
    Agreed.
    Well of course, we already knew that!
    Okay then, well then let's see what you have to say!
    No going out in the open so... we can use reflect to help the slowpoke.
    Capital.
    Then a leech seed, that's always good.
    Hm... You sure?
    Why not?
    This pokemon looks awfully strange, can we really risk leeching away some of it into us?
    Good point.
    I say we stick to reflect, let's see how much this slowpoke can do offensively.
    Okay, so a simple reflect, got that?
    Yup.
    Aye aye, captain!
    Really...?
    Sorry...

Terrance, being deep in conversation, hadn't noticed until now that the slowpoke had already been hit again by a powerful attack while they were deciding what to do. Feeling a little guilty at their response time, Terrance quickly focused their minds and put up an invisible wall around the unknown slowpoke. This would protect him from most of the fearow's attacks, or at least its most dangerous ones where it had to make contact. Hopeful that the slowpoke would be able to damage the fearow enough that they weren't needed, Terrance cautiously edged his way closer to the battle that was taking place. Luckily, since one of the combatants was a slowpoke, they didn't have to worry about the area of the battle constantly changing. Hoping for the success of their unnamed ally, Terrance shifted around nervously. They still weren't exactly sure what it was, but that fearow had something very wrong with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Axis flew above the densely wooded area at the heart of the Purple Forest, making a lazy loop in the sky. Dusk was soon approaching, and it would be the perfect time to find some victoms for pilfering. In the distance he could see the immense form of the shadowy tower against the darkening sky. Strange irregularities, as if the air itself was being bent around the tower like a stantler's antlers gave it an even more other worldly look. Axis, however, wanted nothing to do with this. Sure, the shadowy pokemon were spreading every day, but it's not like it affected him. He could always just go back home, back to that far off land... But no, he shouldn't be thinking like that! This was his home now, a new land filled with new opportunities and a chance to start over. Not wanting to dwell furthur on these quickly darkening thoughts, Axis made a sharp dive and swooped through the canopy of the forest. With expert aerial manuvering, he landed on a tree brach that had enough surrounding leaves to hide him from the view of any pokemon that happened to pass by. That was exactly what he wanted. The lost, fleeing, and dazed pokemon from the fight with the corrupted ones would be easy targets for Axis. The more exhausted ones wouldn't even put up a fight, or might even be terrified enough to just hand over anything they had. Axis was shook from these thoughts when he felt a strange sensation in the air. It was like his mind was being... torn... He yelled as loudly as he could, but couldn't hear a thing. He had to be making noise, right? As his vision slowly clouded in purple haze, Axis recalled how he had thought of his home, and slowly the haze diminished. Not knowing what happened, Axis staggered around a bit before falling from his tree. The descent seemed in slow motion, and he had a sort of light headed detachment from the situation. Was he being corrupted? No, that couldn't be. Axis could still control himself, and despite the fall was able to get back up. It had just been... weird, that's all. But what had caused it? As if it were an answer to his question, Axis once again felt the strange feeling, although this time it was much milder. He quickly got up and tried to fly away from whatever this was, closing his eyes in slight pain and panic. However, Axis felt himself crash straight into something feathery. Quickly snapping out of the sensation, once again, Axis found himself beak to beak with a menacing fearow.

"Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh, no, please! Aaaaaaaaugh!" Axis flailed around wildly, startled by the other flying type in his way. He couldn't think clearly and was caught off guard, so he simply flailed around and jabbed out his beak, his mind still sluggish from the shadowy feeling. He had no idea what was going on! Can't think! Something! Someone! Happen!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((OOC: Euwww, I'm not sure if Axis' part came off that well. I was trying to make him seem terrified, but I'm not sure if it'll just come off as a jumble of randomness to those who read it >.> Either way, although none of our peeps are corruptable because of their "willingness to protect others and goodness" and such, Axis might seem a bit more corruptably, although he won't ever become actually corrupted, if that makes any sense))

Last edited:

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • Deirdre had made it off the mountain in a surprisingly small amount of time. When she and Brennan had first gone up the mountain, they'd been young, tired, depressed, and out of food. Now she had strength, and her training had made her better able to handle the terrain. There was that, and her determination that drove her forward—the determination to both find her brother, and help her family.

Ady and the children had watched her go from the entrance to the den with little Kaida clinging to her brother, screaming after Deirdre and begging her not to leave them. Deirdre had felt something in her break, but she hadn't turned back. The war was getting more and more one-sided. It was getting to the point where stories of the battles were reaching as far as the mountains, and each day brought more and more evidence that Brennan and Bidzill weren't going to be returning alive, or worse: uncorrupted.

Deirdre wasn't about to wait around and have a random family of rattata tell her of Brennan's death. No, she was going down to fight, because at this point it was looking like there was nothing more she could do, and there was no other way to find Brennan, be he dead or alive. Hiding in the mountains wasn't working, and would soon be pointless. Every pokemon had to do what they could to defeat the Corrupted, and Deirdre was sure that it was her time to head out.

So she'd made her way towards the Dark Tower, where it seemed, from the stories she'd heard, the main war was taking place. It stood tall above the trees, and could be seen from anywhere, stretching into the sky with a disturbing purple aura surrounding it. Just looking up at the structure sent a shiver down Deirdre's spine, and it was about the tenth time she'd found herself doing this when she heard a noise. It sounded like a bird of some sort—more specifically a fearow—but its cry was horribly distorted.

Deirdre had seen (and heard) many fearow upon the mountains, and had actually been warned about being carried off by one, as it had almost happened to Kaegan once. Ady had been forced to freeze the pokemon mid-air, and run off before it could recover. They weren't creatures you messed with if you planned on living a long life. This one sounded wrong though, as if its voice was being shredded whilst the calls escaped from its beak.

What a horrid noise, she thought, something is seriously wrong with that fearow.

Avoiding the creature was the default response to having come to this conclusion, but after a moment of walking around the area, Deirdre realized she heard other sounds. Attack noises, meaning a battle was taking place.

She dashed towards the noise, trying not to get her hopes up that it was Brennan. It would be much too convenient for him to be the first creature she saw after having traveling all this way to find him. Reaching back into her backpack with a rehearsed grace, she grabbed her bone and prepared herself to fight. She came around the corner, and stopped short in the bushes to survey the scene.

It was a big creature, with eyes glowing a deep purple and a plethora of twisted, faulty features covering its body. Deidre had heard stories about this—this was not doubt one of the Corrupted that had dedicated themselves to destroying the peace of their land. Looking at it gave Deidre the same feeling as the tower, and she suppressed yet another shiver as something interesting caught her eye. In the bushes not far from her, a clutch of small pink "eggs" were emerging. At least, that's what they appeared to be. She'd never quite seen a pokemon like this, and for a moment she prepared to shout out a warning to them.

But before she could speak, the fearow let out another distorted screech, rearing up and appearing to prepare for another attack. It was then Deirdre noticed the slowpoke righting himself right in front of the larger pokemon. He was about to get it!

In a flash Deirdre had hopped out of the bushes and launched her bone at the fearow. It struck it right on the head, exactly where she'd been aiming, before circling back to her. Mentally she hissed in relief—Deirdre's aim wasn't exactly her strongest asset. She only had a moment to enjoy, before the fearow was headed towards her, letting out a heart-stopping screech. Its beak split wide, and Deirdre could see the dark-red back of the fearow's throat as it screamed at her.

But Deidre held her ground, hoping she could rely on the other two pokemon in the area for help. Spreading her legs to give her stance a more intimidating feel, she prepped herself to throw her bone a second time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2012
    Phoenix realized that the rumors involving the corrupt Pokemon were a lot to take in and that it would require bravery, cunning, strength and stamina to confront. That's why he wasn't surprised when his cohorts said they were not going with him to the Purple forest. it's to be expected from a pack of Trapinch who run for their lives at the first sight of a Rhyorn. Nonetheless, Phoenix still felt a bit lonely traveling all by himself, but hey! Being by himself created all sorts of opportunities and a wide range of possibility.

He stood atop a large cliff overlooking the Purple Forest, the breeze was gentle and warm, it felt very nice. However looking down he could see a sinister looking mist and signs of random conflict.
    "Echooooo" Phoenix howled atop the cliff fully knowing the risks it involved. "Hope nothing heard that." Phoenix said to himself as he proceeded back down the cliff.

Walking through the forest for a better part of a day, Phoenix was starting to get a little nervous. Beside the occasional roar from afar, it was dead quiet. Almost literally. Phoenix expected to see at least one Pokemon corrupted or not. Suddenly behind him he heard rustling in the bushes and not a second after he heard sounds of a fight. "I spoke too soon, now I wish I was alone." he thought to himself. Was he going to stand his ground and face the creature in the bush, or was he going to retreat to the sounds in front of him?

Without hesitation, Phoenix jumped in the air and did a complete 180. He saw what was behind him. It was dashing at an incredible pace. He charged his Faint attack but before he could follow through with his attack, like lightning the creature tackled through him like a ton of bricks. Stopping with a slide, It faced Phoenix for another tackle. "A rattata!" he thought staring the Pokemon down. "That was intense power."
    The Rattata began charging again, so Phoenix jumped out of the way dodging its attack. Lifting his big Trapinch head he ran for the Rattata to strike. Knocking it back several feet into a tree, Phoenix was convinced he had taken it out. Before Phoenix could take 5 steps the Rattata appeared behind him and called out with a piercing and distorted scream.

"Ohh for the love of mew that is a terrible sound." Phoenix screamed covering his ears with little stubs of arms. As the Rattata dashed for him again he stood his ground and just at the last second he blinded it with a blast of sand and ran down the path as fast as he could. For at least an hour the Rattata pursued until Phoenix lost it behind a tree.
    "That was a corrupted Pokemon. Fascinating." Phoenix said to himself panting.

It was almost dark, Phoenix knew he needed to make a shelter hidden from view. For protection Phoenix dug several pitfalls around the perimeter of his shelter which was a den under a large tree.

Lying down and ready to rest, he was satisfied his traps would keep him safe but after the confrontation with that corrupt Pokemon, he knew he couldn't do this alone.

Years
  • At this point, surely a sensible person would be running away, thought Aegis as he floated silently through the thick foliage of the forest's canopy. Only a foolhardy idiot would run into the gaping maws and scything claws of mindless monsters controlled by a malevolent force. And that's why I'm doing it, of course. Aiolos, why do you have to be so stupid and foolish and overconfident and... He touched his claw to the grimy green cloth around his neck. ...and kind and friendly and... He lost his train of thought.

Aegis focused himself on the task at hand: He had to learn all he could about these "Corrupted" before he could effectively combat them. He wasn't stupid enough to charge straight at the Tower unprepared, unlike some Pokemon, and he desperately hoped Aiolos wasn't either. He was frustrated at how little he knew about the beasts, though. They came when the tower did, they seemed mindlessly aggressive, they could spread their condition to those they fought, and, most notably, they were surrounded by a strange "darkness" energy he knew little about. He wandered through the Purple Forest, stealthily and mostly aimlessly, looking for anything strange. The deep purple miasma was a good start, of course, but he had seen that before in his wanderings since the tower fell, covering large swaths of land. Ideally, he would find some way to inspect one of the Corrupted closely. Well, in a way that doesn't end in being shredded. Maybe then he could get some useful information.

As he sneaked about the nearly deserted woodlands, he heard a piercing screech, and the sound of a struggle nearby. He changed course and made his way as quickly as possible to the edge of the fight. Aegis ducked down into the bushes nearby, and was careful to hide his shining halo from sight. He looked over the fight in progress. Assuming the other bird, the one that didn't happen to be wreathed in eldritch energies that is, was actually on their side, the unCorrupted Pokemon outnumbered the admittedly massive bird four to one, and that was counting the swarm of egglike Pokemon as a single one. Aegis saw no reason to involve himself in the melee, at least not immediately, especially considering his previous experiences with feathery beasts like that one. He decided to keep to the shadows in the surrounding foliage, watching to see if the problem would work itself out, but staying ready to strike from an unexpected angle if it seemed needed.

((OOC: Oh man, it must be so obvious how clueless I am about this stuff. If this is blatantly horrible, please tell me))

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Riley walked along a small path in the woods, the sun shining brightly on the ground as much as it could between the trees. He walked along silently, debating whether or not taking on the corrupted pokemon was such a good idea after all. If his Dad couldn't beat them, then what chance did he stand? He was just a little Teddiursa, lost in a big world without anyone else.

"Well, there has to be at least one other pokemon going after the bad ones, right?" Riley talked to himself, sounding hopeful. If he could just find at least one other pokemon to just talk to instead of himself, then he would be as happy as a Shellder. As of now all he could do was mumble to himself in an insane, senile type of way. He started idly licking his paw as he walked, the taste of honey always calming him down a bit.

Riley walked rather pointlessly for a while until it was almost sundown, and he thought he better find a place to sleep for the night. He went off the path and found a nice big tree with lots of branches, and decided that it was a good a spot as any.

"Up we go," the Teddiursa said quietly as he started to scale the tree, stopping at a fairly high branch. "G'night, me," he said, and almost laughed before he realized that would probably make him very insane indeed, so all he did was find a comfortable position and close his eyes.

Just as he fell asleep, Riley felt very enclosed and sticky all of a sudden. "Mwahuhwha-?" he slurred as he tried to wake himself up and see what happened. He looked over the side of a branch and saw a corrupted Caterpie slowly climbing up the tree towards him.

"It'll just be easier to run," Riley said to himself, and tried to get up but found out he couldn't. "Huh?" he whispered again, and then saw the white string wrapped around him. "Cheap shot! Cheap shot!" he shouted, then stopped because it would attract the attention of other corrupted.

Mumbling angry to himself he shifted his weight until he rolled off the branch towards the ground, just as the evil Caterpie reached him. The fall knocked the string off his body, but also hurt Riley. "If it wasn't so late, I swear." Riley vowed, glaring at the Caterpie as he started to jog away.

"At least it can't catch me no-" Riley started to say before the ground gave away beneath him and he fell into a hole. "COME ON!" he shouted, banging at the dirt. He instantly silenced himself and stopped. "Please, please tell me a corrupted didn't dig this hole..." he thought to himself, trying to make himself as small as possible.

((Sorry again guys about the delay, it won't happen again. Oh, and I hope I didn't mess up anything to bad =P ))

Back