• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

For every region...

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    what is your favorite area and why? Doesn't have to be restricted to a town or city. It can be any area in the overworld that you find yourself visiting constantly or you just simply love.

I'll start:
    Kanto: Saffron City, because I love everything you can do here. Sabrina was always a challenge, you can get either Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan, in HG/SS, you could rematch all the gym leaders in the dojo, and many more.

Johto: Battle Frontier, although this was copy and pasted from D/P/Pt, it still was the most fun area for me to explore in. I'm a sucker for battling and I loved wasting my BP on move tutor moves as well as going through the Battle Arcade.

Hoenn: Route 117, this was a nostalgic route for me because I spent everyday as a kid rematching all the trainers in this route as well as breeding Pokemon in the day care.

Sinnoh: Survival Area, I found the Survival Area to be more fun than the Battle Frontier. I loved that I could rematch my rival every weekend and when I stepped inside the building, there would be different gym leaders for me to battle as well as those NPCs that would travel with you in certain dungeons.

Unova: Nimbasa City, I spent countless hours in here battling trainers everyday in the sport arenas and stadiums, as well as getting items and battling trainers in the Battle Subway.

Kalos: Route 7, it was home to the Day Care as well as the Battle Chateau. It reminded me of Route 117. Whenever I wasn't breeding new Pokemon, I was ranking up in the Battle Chateau. I gained a lot of money and experience points from that place. It was cool to rematch the gym leaders as well as champion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For Kanto, I would say my most favorite location would likely have to be Celadon City. Its got a bright and lively atmosphere, generally, and its theme music seems to complement that very well. Plus, it's also the home to Department Store--largest shopping place in Kanto--as well as Game Corner, Erika's gym, among other things.

From Hoenn, there's a lot, but one of them is Fortree City. All houses are on top of trees here, which I find to be rather unique; we've never seen such a thing before, in any Pokémon game. On top of this, its weather always seems to be nice as well. I suppose it might rain here a little more often than normal, but if we put that aside, Fortree is a rather nice location.

Johto, it'd have to be Goldenrod; Sinnoh--Hearthome; Unova, probably Nimbasa; and for Kalos, it's Pokémon League.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    Kanto: I really liked Celadon, because it had a lot of stuff to do. There was the Game Corner, the Gym, and the Department Store,plus there were tons of people to talk to.

Johto: Ice Path, hands down. The place was full of evil ice puzzles, and the music was soooo cool. I especially loved the big ice room at the end.

Hoenn: Here I gotta say Mossdeep, although there are many. Mossdeep sticks out because it had the Space Station, plus that's where Steven Stone lives. The gym there is also pretty cool.

Sinnoh: I think Survival Area is my favorite as well. I used to go there and do "survival challenges" in the different areas inside the Survival Area, especially the desert.

Unova: This is a tough one because I wasn't a huge fan of the region in general. After some thought, I guess I'll say N's Castle. While I hate evil team bases gameplay wise, this one had a great design.

Kalos: In Kalos, my favorite place has to be Snowbelle. The place was just so calm and beautiful,and Wulfric is a gym leader with more personality than the others in Kalos.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    what is your favorite area and why? Doesn't have to be restricted to a town or city. It can be any area in the overworld that you find yourself visiting constantly or you just simply love.

I'll start:
    Kanto: Celadon

Johto: Kanto xD hg/ss the route toward the safari zone

Hoenn: old mauville city , and the route leading up to foretree city the streams

Sinnoh:
    the snowy area and my coronet outside

Unova:
    the bridges and the holiday area

Kalos: hm meh snowy parts and sea parts.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    NOW THIS IS A HARD QUESTION

Kanto: I love that area somewhere outside of Mt.Moon (I think it was added in the second gen) where you can catch clefairys dancing around or clefables? I really don't remember, but it was cute. Also there's something about Vermilion City I've always liked. When I think about places where I would live in the Pokemon world that's one of my top choices. I need to add the Sevii islands also. I LOVED that addition and spent a lot of time going between islands.

Johto: Bellchime trail was very beautiful and peaceful, but I mean there's not much to do in it and it's not very long so yeah. Besides that I always liked the National Park and I loved the addition of the Pokeathlon. I spent a lot of time in that general area.

Hoenn: Off the top of my head The battle frontier comes first. Then I spent a lot of time in Lilycove because I loved the area. There's also a part of route 115 that you can access from surfing off the beach north of Rustboro. It was a cool little area that had some trainers, a lot of secret bases, berry patch, and a patch of grass with Jigglypuff. I would always go there in the originals and make a secret base because of how remote it was.

Sinnoh: Canalave, Snowpoint, and Floaroma were my favorite areas in this region. They were all tranquil in their own way. I think I really liked the music in the first two also. The Resort area was also cool and I spent the majority of my post game there along with Pal Park. I ALMOST FORGOT the Old Chateau was undoubtedly the coolest place in that region. I loved going in there!!

Unova: The village bridge area was really interesting so I would go there a lot. I thought Lacuonsa town was mysterious which made it interesting. Also loved the strange house area as it was creepy.

Kalos: Laverre City and the surrounding areas were awesome. They were kinda eerie in a way which seems to be a running theme that I like at this point.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    Kanto - Has to be Vermillion City. With Digletts cave, S.S.Anne, and LT Surge it was just incredible!
    Johto - The Bell Tower (??) in which you could catch Ho-Oh.
    Hoenn - Victory Road. I loved it in Omega Ruby.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Kanto: Fuchsia City and Viridian Forest. Also including the Sevii Isles because while they aren't formally part of Kanto they were really awesome and fun to explore.

Johto: Ecruteak City, Ruins of Alph and the National Park. Union Cave also gets a mention. And of course Mt Silver.

Hoenn: Sootopolis City, Mt Pyre, and Victory Road. Also: Battle Frontier. (And Navel Rock, one of the most mysterious places in the main series.)

Sinnoh: The Torn World. The freaking Torn World. Hands down. (Also I like Jubilife, Sendoff Spring and on a technical level, The Void and Fake Sinnoh.)

Unova: Eh.... does the entire region count? I love the whole place.

Kalos: None of the routes and towns really jump out at me. I don't really like any of them.

Years
  • Let's see...
    Kanto: I don't really know to be honest, I guess i'll go with Fuchsia City. Not many areas in Kanto are much exciting for me today.

Johto: I guess Goldenrod City, since it has so much to do, including the Department Store, Game Corner, Bike Shop, and the Radio Tower. And the Underground shops, also. It takes my pick for having all of that going for it.

Hoenn: Mossdeep City, which is a shore-side area that has the Space Center, Steven's house, a nice rock, and houses a duo of very infamous Gym Leaders.

Sinnoh: Sunyshore City. How much fun is it in a city that's near the beach and has people walking on solar powered panels? And don't forget that rock that resembles a Munchlax.

Unova: With it being my favorite region, you'd think this would be a tough pick but I have to choose Driftveil City, since it was mined from a businessman who proceeded to turn their cold area into a massive tournament site, and alongside those he mines emeralds to revamp the buildings with. That and he's my favorite Gym Leader from the region, too.

Kalos: I would have to give this to Anistar City, for that sundial that's awesome to go to late in the day and it has an awesome boutique backing it. Not to mention the Gym there has that sick concept.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Kanto - Saffron City: For me this just seems like the main city that connects all of the Region together.
    Johto - Cianwood City: This city is sort of unique, it has a calm and tranquil feel to it.
    Hoenn - Slateport City: I'd like to think Slateport is my favourite City in Hoenn, I love how it has been designed in ORAS too.
    Sinnoh - Hearthome City: Aside from the music being totally relaxing, I just really like the layout of the City as a whole.
    Unova - Castelia City: Quite a difficult choice, but there's just so many buildings and areas to explore in this City.
    Kalos - Ambrette Town: Although it's only a relatively small City, I like it, it has an Aquarium!

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
  • Kanto - Lavender Town: This town has something mysterious and the music is still freaky as hell
    Johto - Ecruteak City: The Burned Tower, The Bell Tower, The Kimono Girls and for me one of the hardest gym leaders in the game
    Hoenn - Slateport City: The big market, pokémon contest, harbor and the beach that gives acces to Abandoned Ship or Sea Mauville in Gen 6
    Sinnoh - Distortion World: Find Giratina with the help of the Lake Legends
    Unova - Castelia City: The first big city in the game series. So much to do, so many skyscrapers and much more. The bridges where an experience to
    Kalos - Reflection Cave: Thought the cave looked very neat and cool. And finding hidden spots with the reflections was kinda cool.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Kanto - Cerulean City: I've always this city for no apparent reason. It just has that pleasant look. Runner up would be Celadon City.
    Johto - National Park: It's just a really nice and tranquil place. Plus, bug catching contests. Ruins of Alph is a nice second.
    Hoenn - Fortree City, Route 111, Lavaridge Town, Lilycove City, Shoal Cave... heck, all of Hoenn. It's not my favorite region for nothing.
    Sinnoh - Hearthome City: It's just a nice place with a nice soundtrack to back it up. Runner ups are Sunnyshore City and Eterna City, with Oreburgh City for its soundtrack.
    Unova - Um.... Undella? IDK, I just liked the idea of an Aquarium, plus we get to explore ruins and battle Cynthia there, even if it's seasonal.
    Kalos - I would've put Lumiose here but I got sick of the soundtrack haha. I'd go with Anistar City, 'cause the sundial is beautiful. Or the Perfume Palace 'cause it's really elegant. Heck, the whole Kalos region is unique and beautiful themselves, give them a medal.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Kanto: Celadon City. No matter how many times I go there I love it. You can fight Erika, and buy stones, and use those stones on an Eevee you also get from there, the game corner, fatally maiming and injuring Rockets, and the cute Poliwhirl OW sprite. I always had a lot to look forward to here, and the name just sounds nice to me~
    Johto: Although I am tempted to say Fuscia because that's where the last tine I ever saved on my Silver Version was despite it being Kanto, I will instead go with Olivevine and Mt. Silver. Olivevine had the nice sidequest of helping a sick Pokemon by traveling to another town and back, as well a rival meeting, I always forget to go here and head off to Mahogany so when I come back my team is nicely overtrained, etc etc..... I believe I heard Brendan/May came from here as well? I always assumed Goldenrod was their town cause of Ruby from Pokespe
    Hoenn: Route 117 was where all of my post game energy went. I trained against the double battlers and triatheletes almost daily, I hatched eggs there, and I encoubtered my first shiny there(Wingull~). Mauville was right next to it and that was where I hubted Latias at for a good long time until I caught her at Mt. pyre instead. In OrAs I loved the PlayerxRival date in Mossdeep though. ;D
    Sinnoh: Although I have not yet finished my Diamond Version I got last October, right now my favorite area is Snowpoint Cuty and the Lakes. I love the cold weather and snow, so Snowpoint is so perfect. If my team wasn't already full I'd have caught a Sneasel there too..... The Lakes hold obvious meaning to the game, and I enjoyed that part of the story.
    Unova: Maybe it's just the nostalgia of the first towns, but Nuvema and Aspertia are very nice to me. And the Nimbasa Musical is where I spent many pre-E4 and PostGame hours with Minccino~ Not to mention battling alongside my little bros at the Battle Subway. XD
    Kalos: For once, the Victory Road stuck out to me. Rather than a feeling of 'Get through this' it felt as though it held special meaning. Countless trainers have walked down here before, and now you are. The music upped this very much, and I go back for training lots. The final battle is OK though....

Back