• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Should I play the new 3d games?

Years
  • Hello! I'm very new here, but I'm a big Pokemon fan! I've played every generation leading up to x/y and or/as. I never tried the 3d games because I do not like the new look that replaced the small sprite wandering around. Besides the 3d graphics, what has changed or made things more appealing?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2022
    Hi dude,

I know it's changed the formula a bit, but I really like the mega-evolutions that gen VI has introduced. It's cool to be able to use all these well known Pokemon in a new way, and having a Fire-Dragon Mega-Charizard is what everyone has wanted for so long!!

Another think I've really enjoyed from ORAS is the new DexNav feature, where you can search for certain types of Pokemon which appear in each area. You have to sneak up on them to encounter them, and the more you search, the more information you gain on the Pokemon you're searching for. It really adds to the catching process.

To be fair though, I must admit that the thing I love most about X/Y/ORAS is the updated Pokemon graphics (so pretty!!)

Hope that helps at all :)

Meng Jiaxin

Dragonlord of the Seas
    Years
  • Well plenty has changed, even from just Gen V.

For one, the controls have changed quite a bit, with the new 8 direction circle pad. I personally loved roller skating in XY, and sneaking up to hidden Pokemon in ORAS is quite fun too. Also cool is the new soaring feature, which cuts out the need to have a HM slave for Fly once you have gotten the Eon Flute (you don't even need Latias/Latios to be in your team to use it!). Soaring is the only way to get to a large multitude of legendaries available in ORAS, so it is a must use feature.

As rarmstar mentioned, mega evolutions are a really cool new way of battling, both for competitive or just storyline play. The actual graphics of the evolution itself is pretty cool, and the occasional change in abilities/typing can really throw your opponent a curve ball. But personally I find Pokemon-Amie a far more appealing new feature. It allows you to personally engage with your Pokemon in some one-on-one time. For playing with it (petting, making faces, games) to feeding time, or even just prodding it awake when you first enter, it makes the entire experience much more real, making you bond with your team. This side feature also aids in gameplay, because the better your relationship, the higher chance of your Pokemon healing itself of status conditions (breaking through its paralysis so that you won't worry) or withstanding OHKOs (toughed it out to show its best side to you).

If you are into competitive battling, Super Training might also prove handy to inform you exactly how your Pokemon is getting along in the EV side of things. You can even train EV from the feature, though I told horde battling (also a new feature where you encounter five lower leveled wild Pokemon instead of just one) is much faster for EV training.

XY also offers customization which makes dressing up really fun (more so if you play as a girl) and gives your avatar more identity. Kalos is a very interesting region, highly steeped in style and culture so if you like just experiencing a new region, I highly recommend it. It has a wonderful atmosphere which makes just sitting on benches and listening to the soundtrack an enjoyment in itself.

And finally, the new Fairy typing is very fun to use, breathing life into a few old favourites (Clefable, Gardevoir, Togekiss) as well as introducing very cute but powerful new ones (Floette, Sylveon, Diancie). It really helps with the dragon typing imbalance, and nothing is cooler than seeing Klefki OHKO a Mega Charizard X. {XD}

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2022
    Well plenty has changed, even from just Gen V.

For one, the controls have changed quite a bit, with the new 8 direction circle pad. I personally loved roller skating in XY, and sneaking up to hidden Pokemon in ORAS is quite fun too. Also cool is the new soaring feature, which cuts out the need to have a HM slave for Fly once you have gotten the Eon Flute (you don't even need Latias/Latios to be in your team to use it!). Soaring is the only way to get to a large multitude of legendaries available in ORAS, so it is a must use feature.

As rarmstar mentioned, mega evolutions are a really cool new way of battling, both for competitive or just storyline play. The actual graphics of the evolution itself is pretty cool, and the occasional change in abilities/typing can really throw your opponent a curve ball. But personally I find Pokemon-Amie a far more appealing new feature. It allows you to personally engage with your Pokemon in some one-on-one time. For playing with it (petting, making faces, games) to feeding time, or even just prodding it awake when you first enter, it makes the entire experience much more real, making you bond with your team. This side feature also aids in gameplay, because the better your relationship, the higher chance of your Pokemon healing itself of status conditions (breaking through its paralysis so that you won't worry) or withstanding OHKOs (toughed it out to show its best side to you).

If you are into competitive battling, Super Training might also prove handy to inform you exactly how your Pokemon is getting along in the EV side of things. You can even train EV from the feature, though I told horde battling (also a new feature where you encounter five lower leveled wild Pokemon instead of just one) is much faster for EV training.

XY also offers customization which makes dressing up really fun (more so if you play as a girl) and gives your avatar more identity. Kalos is a very interesting region, highly steeped in style and culture so if you like just experiencing a new region, I highly recommend it. It has a wonderful atmosphere which makes just sitting on benches and listening to the soundtrack an enjoyment in itself.

And finally, the new Fairy typing is very fun to use, breathing life into a few old favourites (Clefable, Gardevoir, Togekiss) as well as introducing very cute but powerful new ones (Floette, Sylveon, Diancie). It really helps with the dragon typing imbalance, and nothing is cooler than seeing Klefki OHKO a Mega Charizard X. {XD}

Yeah, this puts the big new changes perfectly :)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Here are the reasons to play OrAs.
    The Hoenn region is a tropical land that houses a desert, rain forest, volcano and diving spots!
    Spoiler:

Who wouldn't want to explore a land with amazing places? Not to mention, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have introduced us to several new Mega forms!
    Spoiler:

It's graphics improve a bit from Pokémon X and Y as well.

On the other hand, Pokémon X and Y on the other hand have introduced us to interesting new Pokémon like...
    Sylveon, a Fairy-type eeveelution!
    Spoiler:

Hawlucha, our first ever Flying and Fighting-type Pokémon, it made its debut along its special signature move: Flying Press, a Flying and Fighting-type move, like its own typing!
    Spoiler:

As well as the old favorites receiving amazing Mega Evolutions...
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

XY also brought us the Kalos region exclusive Trainer Customization:
    Spoiler:

and PokéAmie.
    tumblr_mvb8g6q9i31so4y1uo1_250.gif

If you really love Pokémon, there's no harm on trying these Generation VI games. ^_^

Last edited:
    Back