• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So who else hates the electric rodents?

Years
  • Each generation has introduced a rodent of some sort that is Electric-type. Gen 1 Pikachu, Gen 2 Pichu (arguably), Gen 3 Plusle and Minun, Gen 4 Pachirisu, Gen 5 Emolga (UGH) and Gen 6 Dedenne.

What are your opinion on these? I for one absolutely despise them (except Pickachu of course, and Dedenne I find I can tolerate). Emolga must've been designed to be the most irritating Pokemon on the planet. It spams Double Team, it uses Acrobatics which causes huge damage, it Volt-Switches like a madman and to cap it all, it knows Static AND Thunder-Wave!

For some reason I've always found these electric mice seriously annoying and I don't know why. I'd rather encounter 6000 consecutive Zubats than encounter ONE Emolga or Pachirisu.

Anyone else share similar sentiments? :P

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    What!? How can you not like Emolga? That thing is adorable. I never realized Game Freak made a new Electric Rodent every generation, but I think that they're all pretty nice. And it's not like Emolga is the only Pokémon to spam Double Team. The Staravia DT + Endeavor combo is killler in Gen. 4.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I think, most of them are pretty forgettable. I like Pluse, though, especially after using it in one of my playthroughs of Sapphire, many years ago.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    How ironic, the only Electric rodent that I dislike is Pikachu! I hate that thing more in Gen VI because of that disgusting cry as well as the Cosplay Pikachu. :(

Emolga on the other hand is definitely the winner, that awesome typing along its signature move Volt Switch and Roost can annoy a lot of impatient people out there. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Emolga is the only one I actually like because I find it to be good in battle, plus it has access to quite a few interesting strategies.
    As for the others... ehh. I just don't get why you'd put a Pikachu expy in every generation. To add insult to injury, none of these Pokémon (Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga and Dedenne) evolve. They're literally just there to be copies of Pikachu. WHAT? If I wanted a Pikachu, I'd just get the original one. I don't need a cheap, non-evolving knock-off.

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    Eh, I don't mind the electric rodents, they're all pretty cute. There's not a single one that I actually dislike. I just find it annoying that Nintendo feels a need to create a new version of Pikachu for each region. Yet they still keep the original as their mascot. I don't really see the point in it.

Sirfetch’d

I really like them! Not a huge fan of using them really but they are cute little Pokemon that are really interesting to me. I always look forward to seeing what little electric rodent is introduced each generation. While I do feel they could be a bit more creative with them, I really adore them :3

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • If we're getting to competitive stuff, then Pachirisu is hands down the best of these because it checks Electric-types quite well with Super Fang/Nuzzle/U-turn/Quick Attack and an Assault Vest.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Actually I like Pikachu a lot, mostly because of its evolution though. The only ones I don't like are Emolga and Dedenne because they're both annoying as hell.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • *Frantically waves hand in the air* Me. Yes me, boy do I dislike these rodents. Pikachu especially. I kinda like Raichu a tad, but Pikachu and the rest? Hell nawh. So I'm one for saying that Gengar or Nidorino should be the mascot.

Years
  • I love those electric rodents! They are absolutely cute and I do like how they are made different in some way in terms of stats and for some of them, types. My fave of the bunch is Emolga but they're all super adorable on their own.

LucarioFan3

Needs A New Username lol
    Years
  • I love Pichu and Pikachu, I don't care for Raichu, I'm OK with the Cheerleader duo, I like Pachirisu (even if I forget it frequently) and I love Emolga. The only one I dislike is Dedenne. At this point though, I am getting sick of all the Pikachu clones that keep popping up. Seriously, what's the point of making more?

Years
  • If they weren't trying to give us Pikachu clones every single generation, then I might enjoy them a bit more, but we've got so many of them at this point that I can't be bothered to care about them. I mean, I do like Pichu, Raichu, and Emolga to a lesser extent, but if Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, and Dedenne had never been introduced, I would've been perfectly okay with that.

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
    Years
  • Im not a big fan of any electric type. Nothing against it as a type Im just not fond of most of their designs. Pikachu would be okay if it was actually a rabbit like it resembles, its not a damned mouse. The other clones I just dont really care. Theyre pointless but most of them are kind of cute. Emolga is a decent one. Dedenne would be if it wasnt Fairy.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Dedenne is the only one I don't really like, I find it annoying in my X playthroughs, nuzzing or not, and it feels the most like a ripoff. I must say I think it's way worse than Emolga.

Speaking of Emolga, I'm not looking forward to fighting them in my gen5 runs. I never had a problem with it for a long while, but I plan to take a risk and go to the electric gym without a ground type and they are starting to be a nuisance in my Black egglocke. Though currently I'm OK with it, just like all the other electric rodents.

Years
  • I am....indifferent towards the majority of them. I can't say that I really hate them (although I definitely had no love for Emolga when I was playing Black, rrrrgh), but none of them are any favorites of mine.

I guess I don't mind Pikachu and Raichu since they were the originals. And for some reason I remember Dedenne, not sure why. Also Emolga, because other reasons. >:( But the rest of them, I actually tend to push out of my mind without realizing it because they're just...not that memorable to me.

Back