• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Fire Starter?

Which Fire type Starter?

• Charmander

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • Torchic

Votes: 20 20.0%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Tepig

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 18 18.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I actually don't pick fire starters very often but if I had to choose I would have to choose Cyndaquil! Cute little fire mouse plus I have a gen II bias hahah.

In order though:
    - Cyndaquil
    - Charmander
    - Tepig
    - Torchic
    - Chimchar
    - Fennekin

Again I don't choose fire types very often so I actually had a tough time after Charmander. 8(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Tied with Torchic and Chimchar, but I went with Chimchar because of not only how useful Infernape is, but its character development with Ash in the show.

Years
  • Cyndaquil mostly for its evolutions, I'm not the biggest fan of cyndaquil but I absolutely adore quilava and typhlosion, so by proxy I like cyndaquil as well. Although it is rather cute on its own.

And then I thought that was it for the fire starters I really liked, torchic came close but not quite, but after playing X for a bit, I fell in love with fennekin also. So adorable. So cyndaquil and fennekin would be my favorites out of all the fire starters.

Years
  • It's close between Charmander and Cyndaquil. Since Typhlosion is my favorite fully evolved fire starter, I'm going with Cyndaquil. Typhlosion is such an intimidating-looking pokemon. Very cool.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've only ever used 1 Fire type, and that's Tepig. The only time I've used Tepig as the others didn't appeal as much. Mainly I've gone for the grass type, so...

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • I absolutely love Cyndaquil for being so cute and my first fire starter pokemon.

I love his family's design, and idk why I always go for it when I am playing G/S/C and HG/SS.

Years
  • Definetly Torchic, although Chimchar and Cyndaquil are definetly close favorites of mine. Chimchar was actually my first "true" starter (really because I started with my brother's Yellow game, who had already had some progress).

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • I will definitely choose Charmander. It's so useful when its fully evolve and plus, the mega form of it looks cool. 8)

Years
  • Cyndaquil and Charmander :) I went with Cyndaquil (pleasantly surprised to see it's winning in the poll) because I just have fantastic memories from using one on Pokémon Silver, it was the first fire starter I ever used and for that reason it remains my favourite :)

Years
  • 155.gif

Precious you are so cute. Cyndaquil was my first Johto starter in a region I've played through a hundred times by now and it has always been really reliable. Adorable, too. Fennekin is a close and I've enjoyed using one in my unevolved run in X/Y. Overall I'm not a big fan of the fire starters though... ;(

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • Torchic! is my favorite fire type starter, i like its evolution which made him a dual type Pokemon, i loved its appearance and attack stats it's also good looking Pokemon though that made me liking that Pokemon so much.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • The Fire type starters have grown on me a lot recently. Cyndaquil was the first ever starter I chose (I got a pre-owned Blue, with the game already complete). Despite this though in every game since my starter has always been the Water-type. Blaziken, Infernape and Emboar were always so cool to me though and eventually I came around to loving (almost) all of the starters equally. Delphox appealed to me just for the nickname the one you receive post-game in X/Y (if you chose Froakie. 'Kinniekins.'

Anyway enough of me rambling! My favourite Fire-type starter is Chimchar. I just love the line to death now, and is probably in my Top 3 along with the Mudkip and Squirtle lines. Their design for one is amazing, and the moveset, competitive viability, versatility etc. make this my favourite!

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2015
    That was really hard since I love them all but I went with Chimchar because Infernape is an extremely useful pokemon. :3

Back