• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen So heres my theory about Team Plasma:

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
Years
  • This may seem far fetched (no pun intended) to some people but whenever I think of Team Plasma, I think of communism. Here's why:

Karl Marx, the father of communism, believed that if everyone has equal power, and no one can control one another, that humans would live in perfect harmony and peace. This sounds fairly nice, except for the fact that human nature makes it utterly impossible for this to happen. There will ALWAYS be someone craving power. A real world example of this is Joseph Stalin, a communist leader of Soviet Russia who, despite ruling as a communist leader, was responsible for over 20 million deaths of mostly civilians. Thanks to his secret police. But he used the hearts and minds of the people to get in to power. And, while equality was his initial plan, he ended up breaking his own rules while continuing to enforce it on others. Now lets look at Team Plasma. They believe that humans should not own Pokemon or use them for battle. Yet, while they scold others for doing so, they continue to treat their Pokemon like slaves. Also, the first time you encounter them was Accumula Town, where Ghetsis was rallying the civilians to join team Plasma.

That is my argument. ;)

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I don't really see the parallel to Marxism/Communism. I just see them as extreme animal rights groups like PETA.

Years
  • This is an interesting theory, but I'm with Ice here. I don't really see a link between Team Plasma and communism, but more like Pokemon's counterpart to groups like PETA.

Back