• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

X&Y's impact on competitive battling.

Years
Thats assuming someone is silly enough to keep a Togekiss in vs. Scizor during rain. If Togekiss' only threats are a small amount of Steel types, and Dragon-types with Steel moves to a lesser extent, that means it will be fairly easy to place on a team.

As far as MegaGengar goes..I'm not sure its worth the MegaStone tbh. Its weaker than normal Gengar with Life Orb and lacks the option of Focus Sash or recovery for Sub/Disable. Regardless, its still fast and powerful, but I don't think it will be as useful for early/mid game trapping that people might expect. Definitely not Ubers material. If Ghosts could be tagged I could definitely see it be extremely common, since it would wreck any hope of spinblocking. I think we could see people having the stone equipped, but only choose it as their mega depending on the opponents team.

Also, pretty neat sidenote- its third eye looks like the Mean Look eye graphic, hence its ability I suppose. Lol

While I'm aware of the fact that you posted this before the game came out, Mega Gengar is now basically OP because of Shadow tag alone; won't be surprised if it's instantly banned.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Another set, and this time, it's Clawitzer. Man, this thing gets a bunch of pulse and aura moves to take advantage of Mega Launcher. It also has the Special Attack to abuse said moves. Its Speed is bad, though, but it makes up for it with Escavalier-level defenses:
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Aura Sphere
-Dragon Pulse/Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 Spe
Item: Choice Specs

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Clawitzer seems like an inferior megatoise tbh.

If Togekiss would be Fairy/Flying it probably won't be OU because of Scizor. If it's true that Fire Blast will only have 110BP, then many Pokemon will start using Flamethrower (Togekiss being one of them), and yes it can be threatening, but Bullet Punch will be an even bigger threat in XY because of Fairy-types being weak to Steel. I assume the Choice Scarf set will probably be the best set Togekiss can run, at least in early XY. ALSO:

252 SpA Togekiss Fire Blast (110BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor in rain: 272-320 (79.3 - 93.29%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Togekiss: 338-398 (108.68 - 127.97%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Indeed, Drizzle Politoed exists and standard CB Scizor can take a Fire Blast in rain and then take a crap on Togekiss with Bullet Punch.

Many dragons can also run Iron Head/Tail to destroy Fairy-types, so I still think they will overpower the metagame.

Really it wont be OU because of one pokemon? Thats silly to assume. Its like saying Blissey wont be ou because of fighting types. Also i like how Fire Blast still Ko's Scizor in rain with Stealth Rock up. :/

Togekiss has an awesome niche, it walls basically every single dragon type relatively easy, can wish and Heal Bell. That alone will make it be ou imo.

Iron Head and Tail are bad. Most dragons cant even find a slot for it, that and if you use a <boosting move>+ 3 attacks, you are either gonna be walled by faeries (if you dont use a steel move) or Skarm, Ferro and basically any steel depending on what coverage moves you drop. So far dragons are definitely not op.

Thats assuming someone is silly enough to keep a Togekiss in vs. Scizor during rain. If Togekiss' only threats are a small amount of Steel types, and Dragon-types with Steel moves to a lesser extent, that means it will be fairly easy to place on a team.

As far as MegaGengar goes..I'm not sure its worth the MegaStone tbh. Its weaker than normal Gengar with Life Orb and lacks the option of Focus Sash or recovery for Sub/Disable. Regardless, its still fast and powerful, but I don't think it will be as useful for early/mid game trapping that people might expect. Definitely not Ubers material. If Ghosts could be tagged I could definitely see it be extremely common, since it would wreck any hope of spinblocking. I think we could see people having the stone equipped, but only choose it as their mega depending on the opponents team.

Also, pretty neat sidenote- its third eye looks like the Mean Look eye graphic, hence its ability I suppose. Lol

I agree with this. Mega Gengar is overated (he still gets Pain Split though iirc). It falls short on alot of KO's (as you said its weaker than normal LO Gengar :/) its just like a faster Gothitelle tbh. Once you use it you will see what i mean. I HIGHLY doubt it will be banned, unless people whine like they did with Excadrill "baww u trap mah mono attacking snore curselax with megagar its uber D:".

Also Defog, overated change is overated. For those of you unaware, Defog now removes hazards on both sides of the field. People say its the death of stall. I say ill just use Gothitelle, Tickle Wobbuffet + Pursuiter or MegaGengar itself to remove your defogger. So please use a defogger, i like getting free kills. :) Secondly removing your own hazards seems kinda dumb, even with BO cos you will lose out on KO's.

On a more serious note the only time i can see it being useful is when you use like Moltres and Scyther on the same team and on sun and hail i guess?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Clawitzer seems like an inferior megatoise tbh.

Realized this a few days ago. Because Mega Blastoise can outright eliminate spinblockers with Dark Pulse, right?:
-Hydro Pump/Water Pulse/Scald
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam/Dragon Pulse/Aura Sphere
-Rapid Spin
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Item: Blastoisenite

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Yeah, people claiming stall is dead are overhyping Defog. It's availability is pretty iffy as well in terms of viable users. Although I'd argue bulky offense is the premier playstyle this generation on paper; hyper offense (lol BW OU) seems to have been nerfed heavily with weather/Fairy type and stall is more viable but still requires a good deal of skill due to new stuff like Defog.

Also Mega Lucario is tasty, +2 Adamant Close Combat takes a dump on Skamory. Even unboosted CC from an Adamant Lucario is doing 60%+ factoring in SR. 112 Speed outspeeds the Lati twins (although Jolly is needed); Adaptability BP is fricking cool too.

Back