• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Just a question for X/Y, if I want to use a pokemon like Zygarde or Lati@s, would I be allowed to use my Powersave Pro to get them at level 10 right before the first badge?

They always start with only Hidden Power for some reason, but everything is legal (except level of course). I would only use this for Legendaries since they can't breed.

I would assume that is fine because you're getting it at a lower level and that Hidden Power is compatible with just about every pokemon I think you would be safe to do that.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Just a question for X/Y, if I want to use a pokemon like Zygarde or Lati@s, would I be allowed to use my Powersave Pro to get them at level 10 right before the first badge?

They always start with only Hidden Power for some reason, but everything is legal (except level of course). I would only use this for Legendaries since they can't breed.

I would assume that is fine because you're getting it at a lower level and that Hidden Power is compatible with just about every pokemon I think you would be safe to do that.

I agree with Sairento, it's perfectly fine as long as their legal. :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
A couple of years ago, I did this challenge with Blastoise on Red, Gold, Ruby, and Platinum, but that progress seems to have been wiped from the front page of the thread (though I still found my posts from that). See post 596 for Red, 603 for Gold, 612 for Ruby, and 644 for Platinum (on pages 24-26 of this thread, according to my posting settings).

Anyway, while that constituted an ultimate challenge back before gens 5 and 6 became mandatory, I recognize that that is no longer the case, so I wanted to pick up that old challenge with Black and either X or Y to officially clear all six generations with Blastoise. So, for the sign-up:

Username: Imperator161
Pokemon of Choice: Blastoise
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Red, Gold, Ruby, Platinum, Black, X or Y (probably Y, but it depends on what I have a extra copy of that I can restart when I get to that point).

Additionally, I want to do a solo run with Pikachu on Red (I have three badges on it so far; I don't have a detailed history of what happened, as it was a while ago, but my Pikachu is currently on level 42, and I have a level 6 Charmander with Cut for HM use). Sign up for that:

Pokemon of Choice: Pikachu
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Red

Update on the Pikachu run mentioned above:
-Defeated Erika, mostly with Swift
-Bypassed the Rocket Hideout and cleared the tower in Lavender using a Poke Doll to run away from the ghost
-Picked up Fly, and a new Doduo to use it
-Cleared Silph Co and obtained a Lapras to use for Surf (too bad I don't have a Surfing Pikachu for this run--Pikachu's moveset is pretty bad right now)
-Opted to catch Snorlax, in case I need the HM capability for anything/want to do anything with it on this file after I finish this solo run
-Obtained Surf and Strength
-Defeated Koga
-Defeated Sabrina (and the fighting dojo next door)
-Defeated a trainer with a ton of Magikarp on my way to Cinnabar, all at level 27 (not sure if this is the "Magikarp trainer" in this game?)
-Obtained the Secret Key in the mansion in Cinnabar, entered the Gym, and defeated Blaine
-Returned to Viridian and defeated Giovanni. Pikachu vs. Rhydon wasn't all that fun, but Body Slam paralysis was on my side.
-Took out my rival with Pikachu on my way to Victory Road
-Traversed the perilous Victory Road and emerged unscathed. Only the Elite Four stands between Pikachu and the completion of this challenge! (I had forgotten just how quick Red was to play through--it's been a while)

The Elite Four:
-Lorelei: Mostly Thunderbolt and Thunder
-Bruno: Rock/Ground Pokémon are the bane of my existence, but I'm too lazy to change Pikachu's moveset, so Body Slam it is. Coupled with Bruno's X Defend usage, I'm probably going to need an Ether or something. Everything else went down smoothly
-Agatha: Thunder and Thunderbolt. Opted to teach Sparky Toxic after this battle to give myself more options moving forward.
-Lance: Mixture of Thunder, Thunderbolt, and Body Slam. (Body Slam for the non-flying types, electric moves for the flying types).
-Rival: Pidgeot fell to Thunderbolt, Alakazam to Body Slam, Rhydon to Body Slam + Toxic, Arcanine to Thunderbolt, Exeggutor to Toxic + Body Slam, and Blastoise to crit Thunder. Victory!

The team:
-Sparky (Pikachu) lvl 72 (Thunderbolt, Body Slam, Thunder Wave, and Thunder) (it essentially looks like something I would have used when I first played RBY, except for Body Slam)
-HM slaves: Charmander (Cut), Doduo (Fly), Lapras (Surf, Strength)

Sparky's final stats:
lvl 72
176 HP
131 Attack
101 Defense
194 Speed
117 Special

Moves: Thunderbolt, Body Slam, Toxic, and Thunder

Screenshots (didn't take them during my journey, sorry about that):
Pikachu_victory.png
Sparky_final_stats_first_screen.png
Sparky_final_stats_second_screen.png

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Updated the OP everyone.

Sign-up:
Username: TeunCornflakes
Pokémon of Choice: Noctis the Umbreon
Game(s): LeafGreen, SoulSilver, Emerald, Diamond/Platinum, Y[/SPOILER]
Sorry but it seems you forgot to include a game for the Unova region in your sign-up. If you don't know which one you want to play that's cool, I just put "Unova" in the place the game would be.

A couple of years ago, I did this challenge with Blastoise on Red, Gold, Ruby, and Platinum, but that progress seems to have been wiped from the front page of the thread (though I still found my posts from that). See post 596 for Red, 603 for Gold, 612 for Ruby, and 644 for Platinum (on pages 24-26 of this thread, according to my posting settings).

Anyway, while that constituted an ultimate challenge back before gens 5 and 6 became mandatory, I recognize that that is no longer the case, so I wanted to pick up that old challenge with Black and either X or Y to officially clear all six generations with Blastoise. So, for the sign-up:

Pokemon of Choice: Blastoise
Game(s): Red, Gold, Ruby, Platinum, Black, X or Y (probably Y, but it depends on what I have a extra copy of that I can restart when I get to that point).

Glad to have you back to the challenge! :D I actually do remember your name being there, I got rid of the generation four champions list when X and Y were released. Sorry about that.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Glad to have you back to the challenge! :D I actually do remember your name being there, I got rid of the generation four champions list when X and Y were released. Sorry about that.

No problem, I figured that it got wiped at some point. So long as I don't have to redo gens I-IV, I'm all set. It'll be fun to get back into doing these.

And I just finished the Pikachu run. Much faster than I expected.

Years
I started this game before I chose to do it as a solo run so I've forgotten some details.
  • Chose to play as a guy, named him TJ.
  • Chose Snivy as my starter. I headed off to wherever it was I needed to go.
  • Caught a Pidove just because.
  • FInally made it to the ranch where I then spent about an hour running around trying to find a Riolu.
  • Finally managed to catch a male Riolu at lv. 7 and nicknamed him Riley.
  • Grinded for about an hour and managed to get him up to level 15.
  • Took on the first gym and wiped it out with force palm.
  • Made my way to Virbank city where I then grinded until Riley was level 25
  • Took on the gym
  • Beat Roxie and obtained the 2nd badge
  • Did all the pointless PokeStar Studio stuff

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
So, first update on Black for my Blastoise run:

I'm pretty sure I started one of these and actually made it fairly far (5 or 6 badges), but as the computer I did that on isn't working at the moment, I figured I'd start anew. I used a starter editing program to stick in Squirtle as a starter in place of Oshawott, and picked it up to start my journey. After that:

-Made it to the town with the first gym, leveling up my starter a bit along the way. It has a horrible attack stat, which won't matter in the long run, but was irritating to start with.
-Beat the first gym leader. I'm beginning to realize that the leveling style in this game (more experience if you're weaker than your opponent, less if you're stronger) is going to be a pain.

Updates 6/11:
-Squirtle evolved into Wartortle
-Joined my rival to take out some Team Plasma members, then made my way to the next city to challenge the second gym leader

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Clefable - Fire Red
And we're back! This time I've defeated the first four gyms with Clefable. I've never used it before, I don't really like using Pokémon that evolve by methods other than just levelling up (too much hassle about deciding when to evolve them), though I'm starting to like it a lot now.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
36.png

Wanda the Rash Clefable (F) @ Lv.50
Ability: Cute Charm
Psychic
Moonlight
Meteor Mash
Magical Leaf

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Here's an update on my Red run with the Dragonite family.

Spoiler:

148.gif

Wormy the Dragonite
~ Body Slam
~ Agility
~ Thunderbolt
~ Bubblebeam

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
My Blastoise run continues...slowly...(I wish I could speed up Black a little more, but it is fun to play through Unova again)

-Wartortle and I cleared the second gym and took off after some museum thieves
-Followed the winding road through Pinwheel Forest. Why did I get stuck going the long way while Burgh took the shortcut, anyway?
-Drove Team Plasma out of Castelia City
-Defeated Burgh, earning my third badge

The team:
-Blaster the Bold Wartortle lvl 29 (Tackle, Water Pulse, Bite, Protect)
-Pansear (Cut slave)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
This seems fun!
Username:MistressofMightyena
Pokemon of Choice: OwlCity the Noctowl
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single
Game(s): Heartgold
~MistressofMightyena~

Years
  • Hunted down the Team Plasma goon
  • Made my way to Castelia City
  • Trained with the battling trainers in the buildings
  • Riley evolved into Lucario
  • Made it to the sewers to look for Team Plasma
  • Found them
  • Tool on the gym
  • Beat Burgh and got the 3rd gym badge
  • Headed up to the desert and Nimbasa city
  • Battled and beat Colress
  • Battled the other trainers
  • Trained for a little while
I'm doing a lot more grinding in this solo run than in any other I've done before.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I've made a little more progress on my run:

-Left Castelia City, defeating my rivals along the way
-Encountered N in Nimbasa City
-Defeated Elesa and earned my fourth gym badge
-Beat my rival (again)
-Drove Team Plasma out of Cold Storage near Driftveil
-Wartortle evolved into Blastoise!

The team:
-Blaster the Bold Blastoise lvl 38 (Return, Water Pulse, Bite, Aqua Tail)
-Pansear (Cut slave)

Last edited:
Years
Finally started off my Swampert solo run on Sapphire ~ 1 gym down, 7 to go.

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Current team:
259.gif

Miroko|Male|Modest Nature|Torrent|Lvl 17
Tackle
Growl
Mud Shot
Water Gun​

Wanderer Miror B.

The user formerly known as Orrefan8888
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
I'll sign up for an Ultimate now that I've completed my Samurott solo:

Username: Orrefan8888
Pokemon of Choice: Pidgeot (nicknamed Brave)
Games: Yellow, HeartGold, Ruby, Pearl, a Unova game TBD, and X

Edit: I went ahead and started Yellow.
I got Pikachu then used it to catch a freakishly high-leveled Pidgey (Lv. 7 on Route 1) which I nicknamed Brave
However, Brave won't learn a Flying type move until level 31, so all I had against Brock is the normal type moves Gust and Quick Attack >:(
I ended up having to grind him until he evolved into Pidgeotto, and then Brock wasn't too bad
Now I'm on my way to Cerulean City

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #2: Clefable - Fire Red
The last four badges are in. Only Elite Four and Champion left. I've played FR and LG so many times now that they finish so quick.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
36.png

Wanda the Rash Clefable (F) @ Lv.84
Ability: Cute Charm
Psychic
Moonlight
Meteor Mash
Thunderbolt

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

I bit the bullet and restarted my copy of X. I assume people who've got my Friend Safari are not going to have access to my third Pokémon 'till I beat the Elite Four again, so sorry for that, but I'd rather be doing challenges than just random breeding and stuff. So:
Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Feraligatr
Challenge: Single (though I always sign-up for singles and eventually I'd get to complete an ultimate like that, but I'm fairly good at keeping track of my own progress, so it wouldn't be that big of a problem)
Game: X
Oh, and Totodile has Crunch (egg move) because I got kinda lucky when I bred one for this challenge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back