• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon stats formula

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2016
    As written in Bulapedia, the stat calculation formula of a pokemon is:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Statistic#In_Generation_III_onward

Now.. I was trying to calculate the stats of level 5 Charamnder without any EVS.

Let's say his attack IV is 14.

If you calculate the attack he supposed to have, it ends up with 6 Attack.

But... it's not right. Tried to check the IV's in psypokes.com/dex/iv.php and the range of level 5 Charamander is 9-9.
    Is there something wrong with my calculation? Becuase no matter what the attack IV is, the attack and other stats will always be 6 using this formula!

Any ideas?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I get 10.9 when I do the math, which Azurilland's calculator seems to support, since it gives me a value of 10 for your Charmander's Attack (I assume numbers are always rounded down for stats). You must be forgetting some part of the equation or are making an error somewhere.

If the formula is this:

{[((2 x Base stat + IV value + [EVs/4]) x Level)/100)]+5} x Nature value

With "nature value" being 0.9, 1.1, or 1.0 depending on the nature.

So to break it down:

1) 2 x Base stat + IV value + [EVs/4]

2 x 52 (Charmander's base Attack) +14 Attack IVs + (0EVs/4)

2 x 52=108

0/4=0

108+14=118

2) 118 x Level

118 x 5=590

3) 590/100= 5.9

4) 5.9+5 =10.9

5) 10.9 x nature value

Nature is assumed to be a neutral one like Hardy or Docile, so it's just x1.0

Leaving you with an Attack value for a Level 5, neutral natured, no EVs, and 14 Attack IVs Charmander in a Gen 3-6 game of 10.9, or 10, since I'm pretty sure the game will round down.

My formatting for the math is ass but hopefully this helps

Back