• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

As normal as they come~

Lucid

I think most people stop caring after they reach a certain age, or at least stop worrying about it.

Years
  • No, I don't think there's really a normal anyway? Everyone's unique after all. But yeah I'm autistic as well so it's hard to be "Normal" for me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    This. Normal people don't exist. Everybody is unique, and no characteristic is. Nobody is normal, because if I'd take the average characteristics and boiled them into a human, nobody would find them interesting. I doubt people would ever call themselves normal, anyway. If I look at the average instragram feed, it's filled with "lol I'm so weird" and "Why be normal when you can be crazy?". Normal is just the word people use for people they don't find interesting that aren't like them.
    Do you eat three times a day? Do you sleep at night? Are you between 5'4" and 6'2"? Indeed probably nobody is completely normal, but most people tick enough boxes for a perception of what generally constitutes a normal person to be a valid enough for the purpose of, say, our preconscious judgements of other people.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Normal is kind of an illusion. Even if you think someone is "normal", they probably build their free time around going to conventions in costumes, or obsessing over toy sail boats, or being a hardcore tattoo artist, or on their off time they really do nothing but play World of Warcraft. I've come to learn that most people have quirks, cause everyone has their own interests. We all try to act normal or more composed, but catch us in our elements and not too many people would fit in any kind of "norm". Even normal retail workers, or scientists could secretly dress up as Dead Pool in their off time.

Besides, if normal is having no specific sets of interests, and working a boring office job where you have no life in your eyes anymore, then count me the heck outta that one. That's not normal anyway, that's just boring.

Years
  • Normal people don't exist. Even if you have nothing weird about you, it's actually not normal, because everyone else has something weird. So no, I'm not normal.

P.S. Hahaha, I posted it without reading other replies. My reply is absolutely the same as this one:
    normal people don't exist. if there is a person that does the normal thing in every single facet of their life, then that in and of itself is abnormal, so where the heck does that leave you. I don't like classifying people as Normal and Abnormal. it's weird to me. you just are.

We even have the same first sentence, lmao.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2016
    I used to be semi normal at one time, as in, I had normal friends and tried to fit in, but I never really succeeded. Now? I consider myself weird, and have been called that multiple times by other people. And Im happier for it XD

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I don't think there is such thing as normal people and abnormal people.
    Classifying someone as abnormal is like saying what they are is wrong and shouldn't be existing. At least that's how I see it.

Everyone's normal, it's just that everyone is also different in their own ways. Some, like me, are much more different than others.

Back