• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forever in a day

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • If you had the opportunity to live out any one day on repeat for the rest of your life would you? What day would you choose? You'd have to sleep and wake up at the same time, and live out the day in exactly the same way. Every day when you woke up the day before would seem like a dream and after a few minutes you'd forget it ever happened.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • hmm let me think
    i probably choose the date of my birthday which every members of my family gather together and share the happy moment together with my cousin and my families which I really love ♥

pkmin3033

Maybe the day I left Primary School? If I recall correctly, I had an immense amount of fun that day, and I was generally a much happier person, free of any particular worries and responsibilities. I had a long six-week summer to look forward to, I would be seeing most of my friends again in Secondary School, and if I'm going to forget about everything else just reliving that one moment of happiness over and over doesn't sound so bad...I'm not going to know any different. And if I DID, I'd probably want to stay in it anyway.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I would not, because I know how much I would be missing out on if I were to be stuck in a never-ending loop of repeating the same day.
    I know that in the future comes even better times. I don't want to be stuck in the past and never be able to get there.
    Choosing to stay stuck in the past to relive one day, for me, would mean a lot of sacrifices. A lot. I don't want that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2016
    1st September last year. Crush said yes, my baby cousin began to walk, and there was a wedding in the night which was loads of fun. Definitely my best day XD.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • It's so difficult to answer.

I have a reason though, because 2015 has so many days where I felt like I actually...well, lived. So many. If I HAD to choose one...

My 25th birthday. It was the best birthday ever and my boyfriend and his family made it special to me. Words cannot express, though, because I was only expecting something normal but he went above and beyond.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I don't think I'd take the chance. I'd much rather live the day as it should be. I like to keep moving forward instead of dwelling on the past and such. Plus, I think I'd lose my mind if I had to live the same day over and over. XC

Sirfetch’d

Seriously though, I wouldn't. My life is already bland and repetitive enough(even though I wouldn't remember and it wouldn't seem repetitive.) so I'd rather have an endless plane of possibilities. Something tells me that my greatest days are yet to come so I'd rather keep going forward so I get to experience them. I love this question though

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I pretty much live the same day over and over right now, and don't want any magical abilities to keep doing so for the rest of my life. I want to move on and experience something new.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    I don't think I'd take the chance. I'd much rather live the day as it should be. I like to keep moving forward instead of dwelling on the past and such. Plus, I think I'd lose my mind if I had to live the same day over and over. XC

One hundred percent agree. Living the same day over and over no matter how good, sounds like my own personal hell.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I'd rather not have to relive one day over and over again when I can go out there and get some new experiences.

If I had to choose one? not quite sure. I've had a lot of great days but sometimes i'd prefer to live more than 1 day. Going to America was hella fun, and it's hard to choose one day to live from just that - i'd rather relive the whole of my 3 week film camp than just 1 day of it.

Years
  • God no. Even if you chose the most amazing day you've ever had it'd be stale after about a week and lose everything that made it special to begin with.

Reactions: Sun

ForeverBurning

Part-Time Person
    Years
  • what he ^ said

I'd love to relive my high school graduation, but at the same time, when you really consider the lifespan of your typical person, that's a long time to be reliving it over and over. The happiest memories are suddenly going to get boring and drag on forever, and they're not going to be as special anymore.

What makes happy memories happy is the fact that they happen once and you treasure them for the rest of your life, knowing that you can only experience those events once and never again. It's bittersweet you can say, but it's for the best.

What he said.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I... I went to a really fun party once... that might be fun to do a couple more trillion times.
    That's all I got. I don't think I'd ever do this, the majority of my (and most people's) lives are pretty monotonous and having to relive a single day forever would get boring pretty fast, like a lot of people already said.

Years
  • No, I like variety in my days, and they are pretty much the same anyway. My life is so average that no day really deviates.

Back